people who hate positivity

true...but a lot of the time we bring envy on us. somalis only compete with other somalis for some reason
Somali's have an inferiority complex, they'll bend over backwards for Ajnabi's but act dominant around other Somali's. It's a self esteem issue that must be eradicated.

Somali's have an inferiority complex, they'll bend over backwards for Ajnabi's but act dominant around other Somali's. It's a self esteem issue that must be eradicated.
I dont know....its not as common in my eyes. But I seen this more with educated somalis than the other way around. The ignorant ones have that unearned pride....but still pride lol

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Didn’t you come to my thread and make a bizarre post about arabs and West Africans, the latter who I haven’t spoken about once? I was being positive but you accused me of trolling

dont generalize

I dont know....its not as common in my eyes. But I seen this more with educated somalis than the other way around. The ignorant ones have that unearned pride....but still pride lol
This is factual, perhaps not so much in the Diaspora, but in Somalia? They are fucking coons, ajnabis in Somalia get treated well and get above average pay, most Somali women there bleach their skin in shame of their dark skin, Somali's will kill each other over villages or insults but welcome Ajnabi's to take advantage of them and take their resources.

This is factual, perhaps not so much in the Diaspora, but in Somalia? They are fucking coons, ajnabis in Somalia get treated well and get above average pay, most Somali women there bleach their skin in shame of their dark skin, Somali's will kill each other over villages or insults but welcome Ajnabi's to take advantage of them and take their resources.
Ok you have a point. But those people are extra ignorant

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Schadenfreude is a word borrowed from German which connotes taking enjoyment or pleasure out of other's misery/misfortunes. It is by no means uniquely Somali. It's a crisis of consciousness and/or a self-worth issue.

However, you may refer to some people being in a mission to find fault with others. In that case I've noticed some engage in this behavior. And if that is the name of the game then it should be quite easy because everyone with a pulse has issues and challenges. There is also a universal human inclination toward negativity. It's more of a survival mechanism since this sort of behaviour would have allowed one to avoid real threats and live long enough to propagate their genes.

Conversely, Mudita is a Sanskrit term meaning the experience of vicarious joy describing a state where one feels another's happiness. I've met a fair amount of Somalis that take joy in other Somalis succeeding. I've been fortunate to know them.

Last edited:
Ok you have a point. But those people are extra ignorant
The only way to combat this epidemic is through education and improvement of our country. True pride can only come when there is something to be proud about, it is otherwise just bravado to mask an inferiority complex. This is why so many Somali's on here attack Arabs/Blacks, they feel shame that they cover up by bringing others down.

Japan is an example of the type of pride I want Somali's to have in being Somali, one that manifests itself by hard work and humility rather than ignorance and pride.

Didn’t you come to my thread and make a bizarre post about arabs and West Africans, the latter who I haven’t spoken about once? I was being positive but you accused me of trolling
Okay, I'm sorry if you were serious. The fact that it was your first post made me think you were a troll, because believe it or not there are some guys on here who make second accounts pretending to be female and lust after usually nigerians/jamaicans, but sometimes arab. So you can see why I assumed so.

true...but a lot of the time we bring envy on us. somalis only compete with other somalis for some reason

Competition only occurs if you did a poor job hiding your private life. We all know someone who we are unsure what they do for a living, where they live, or even their spouse's name. A few even hide that they are married with children (this is a bit extreme though).

Competition only occurs if you did a poor job hiding your private life. We all know someone who we are unsure what they do for a living, where they live, or even their spouse's name. A few even hide that they are married with children (this is a bit extreme though).
but you can hide your business, but will your relative. somalis will ask around about you. Or they will directly ask you and if you dont answer you will look weird. Are you married? Do you have kids? Where do you live etc etc

Somalis were in the wild until several decades ago.
we haven't been in civilization much, so we don't know how to act yet.
give us time.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Most people have negative influences in their lives in some shape or form, and that's normal. But it takes real guts to cut these people off and to find your own peaceful path.

The older I get the better I am with cutting off people that are negative Nancy's. If you ain't positive and bringing good energy to the relationship then I don't need you around. Sayonara byebye

Most people have negative influences in their lives in some shape or form, and that's normal. But it takes real guts to cut these people off and to find your own peaceful path.

The older I get the better I am with cutting off people that are negative Nancy's. If you ain't positive and bringing good energy to the relationship then I don't need you around. Sayonara byebye
there are some people you can cut off....and some you're stuck with for life

dr.leorio

death\emitter
there are some people you can cut off....and some you're stuck with for life

Are you talking about family? Always keep ties of kinship with your family but keep it very minimal if they're always negative. Say your salams and then bounce. You absence will speak volumes

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
One thing I can't stand about a lot of somali people is they want you to live a life of misery. If they see someone living happily they have to try to find fault in them. And yes, there are all kinds of misery loving people but somalis take the cake! You see it on here all the time, too. people see someone basic and make the weirdest assumptions about that person. I've read topics on misery Alley, and I guess black women are the same. they love to see people failing and gloat on it. but when someones happy they call that "cheesy" why? So this seems to be a shared trait between somalis and african americans, someone explain that please!

Well...sorry @SilverL your success is my pain. We are interlink thru this cycle of iblis. lets Make tobaahs

Trending

Latest posts