people who hate positivity

None of us have, that's the purpose of an anonymous forum. If I can't judge you based on your posts here, you can't judge people on here for "hating positivity" by their posts.
you can judge me after making 18 posts? maybe stop lurking and ask questions before making assumptions.

this is a forum for discussion. We can bring things we don't like up. Nobody is positive 24/7 but it becomes a problem when a large chunk of people want to constantly bring down others.

if others words hurt it means u r snowflake and needs to man up and stop being offended

btw I said I noticed it on here too, but I'm talking about people you see in life. At school, workplace, dugsi, family etc if you encountered it you know what I mean

yes, they have their own problems with black magic and evil eye. But I wasn't talking about envious people. I was talking about the negative culture of picking apart someones life and looking for a bad angle to judge someone on rather than just taking things at face value. for example, they won't see a happy person and think, "He's happy because he has a good life". They'll jump to "doqonkaan maxu la farxaya"

I mean that's because of different cultures. Smiling often when you're happy isn't original Somali desert culture, I'm not saying it's bad to smile or show those types of emotions, but it's learned behavior from outside societies. Looking at the emotional development of feral children proves it isn't an innate characteristic of humans. In the original desert nomadic Somali society they would think you're one of those handicapped people who couldn't stop laughing because most people were stoic.

I never got negative vibe of @SilverL
When Somalia got it's debt cleared, she went off on a bizarre rant of how Somalia was making a mistake, even making multiple threads on it. She even called the Somali President a plant based of (I'm not kidding) body language.

She's very negative, she just conceals it well. Her tribal biases are apparent in how negative she is towards some and not so negative towards others.

When Somalia got it's debt cleared, she went off on a bizarre rant of how Somalia was making a mistake, even making multiple threads on it. She even called the Somali President a plant based of (I'm not kidding) body language.

She's very negative, she just conceals it well. Her tribal biases are apparent in how negative she is towards some and not so negative towards others.

what tribe do you think she is?

Before anyone else lets that person derail the topic, let me bring it back on focus. The topic is, picking people apart and not allowing them to be happy.

Before anyone else lets that person derail the topic, let me bring it back on focus. The topic is, picking people apart and not allowing them to be happy.
I think it varies. If you are doing unislamic things and say I’m being happy, Somalis will call you out

I think it varies. If you are doing unislamic things and say I’m being happy, Somalis will call you out
yeah of course. I know some people like to take things to extremes but I never said in the OP that criticism or any kind of negative is bad, I was talking about other extreme, hating normal every day positive things. There are some somalis I've met who try to discourage others from speaking in somali for example, like they might. think your being a "try hard" if you are an american born person trying to connect with your culture. its the little things like that.

Trending

Latest posts