people who hate positivity

One thing I can't stand about a lot of somali people is they want you to live a life of misery. If they see someone living happily they have to try to find fault in them. And yes, there are all kinds of misery loving people but somalis take the cake! You see it on here all the time, too. people see someone basic and make the weirdest assumptions about that person. I've read topics on misery Alley, and I guess black women are the same. they love to see people failing and gloat on it. but when someones happy they call that "cheesy" why? So this seems to be a shared trait between somalis and african americans, someone explain that please!

One thing I can't stand about a lot of somali people is they want you to live a life of misery. If they see someone living happily they have to try to find fault in them. And yes, there are all kinds of misery loving people but somalis take the cake! You see it on here all the time, too. people see someone basic and make the weirdest assumptions about that person. I've read topics on misery Alley, and I guess black women are the same. they love to see people failing and gloat on it. but when someones happy they call that "cheesy" why? So this seems to be a shared trait between somalis and african americans, someone explain that please!

You know if you focus on the things you hate and dislike, the funny thing is you end up being that yourself.

I think you're talking about jealousy/envy of your success. It isn't only in Somalis and African-Americans. South Asians are notoriously envious of their cousins success let alone strangers. They compete with their cousins, distant relatives, family friends, and wish bad fortune on them.

The thing is Somalis come from a harsh semi-arid nomadic society. Stoicism was the default emotional output of most Somalis. If you were "happy" for example smiling a lot you were considered a nacas.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
It all comes down to make themselves feel better. Never pay attention to low tier jealous people. I always say this only surround yourself with well picked individuals that want to uplift you not drag you down to their sandpit level of fuckery

You know if you focus on the things you hate and dislike, the funny thing is you end up being that yourself.
this is a forum for discussion. We can bring things we don't like up. Nobody is positive 24/7 but it becomes a problem when a large chunk of people want to constantly bring down others.

this is a forum for discussion. We can bring things we don't like up. Nobody is positive 24/7 but it becomes a problem when a large chunk of people want to constantly bring down others.

but isn’t this true for every forum? It’s just human nature.

I think you're talking about jealousy/envy of your success. It isn't only in Somalis and African-Americans. South Asians are notoriously envious of their cousins success let alone strangers. They compete with their cousins, distant relatives, family friends, and wish bad fortune on them.

The thing is Somalis come from a harsh semi-arid nomadic society. Stoicism was the default emotional output of most Somalis. If you were "happy" for example smiling a lot you were considered a nacas.
yes, they have their own problems with black magic and evil eye. But I wasn't talking about envious people. I was talking about the negative culture of picking apart someones life and looking for a bad angle to judge someone on rather than just taking things at face value. for example, they won't see a happy person and think, "He's happy because he has a good life". They'll jump to "doqonkaan maxu la farxaya"

That's why sixr is mainly used and is still in use. Jealous misguided people want to use sixr on their brothers and sisters.

are we worse than others though? Tbh I don’t go to many places Somali gathers so you could be right
in this particular thing yes. Though I do admit our envy is not as bad as arabs and pakistanis. Those people will do black magic if they want you to fail

Trending