People from North Sudan are not related in any way to Horn of Africans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cushitic people were nomads, not farmers. They didn't settle in the Nile River, and if they did then they wouldn't have migrated South into the Ethiopian highlands(where they then settled) and further south all the way to Tanzania. The Beja are the only Cushitic people(also nomads) who live in the Red Sea region between Egypt-Sudan which was the ancient Cushitic migratory path.
Not all Cushitic people were nomads . Ehret and Blenchs reconstruction of Cushitic farming lexicon shows that farming vocab was native to the cushites. In fact , it was not uncommon for people to practice a lifestyle combining some form of agriculture and pastoralism . The Oromo groups are the best example of this . The Madanle Azanian people of Southern Somalia also practiced this. There are some climatic reasons why some groups went from farming to nomadism .

As for the Nubians , they were not exactly killed off and enslaved . The Muslim army failed to defeat them
And signed a peace treaty with them lasting many centuries . The Arab descendants became a majority due to migration , trade and some element of warfare (the Afro centrics only concentrate on this aspect ).

World

VIP
This is wrong.

They are related, but not by a lot. They are the closest to Somalis after Ethiopians.
Nice joke. Sudan people are not related to Somalis, nor do they look Horn of African. They look Mulatto/Carribean/African American. Only the Bejas share ancestry with Somalis:

"The Beni Amer also showed a strong admixture signal with a Eurasian population as well as a shared ancestry component with the Somali population (pink component in Fig 2), which suggest admixture with the East African Cushitic-speaking populations, perhaps as a result of migration along the coast. We dated the admixture of the Beja populations with the Cushitic-speaking Somalian population [39], and the admixture dates go far back in time, about 59 generations ago for the Hadendowa and about 68–75 generations for the Beni Amer (S3 and S4 Tables)."

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1006976#pgen-1006976-g002

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
Yep. Before Islam, the North Sudan people looked like people from South Sudan. Then they were conquered by Arabs after Islam who intermixed with Nubian women whilst the Nubian men were sold off as slaves or killed.

nubian-tribute.jpg

These were the inhabitants of North Sudan before Islam(Ancient Egyptian portrayal).

Look at their hair, and look at the hair of people from South Sudan today:

Hamar-4-of-35.jpg
Wrong the Nubians had two looks a Dinka look and a north Sudan Nubian look
These are all Nubians
images (7).jpeg

fragments-of-reliefs-egyptian-soldiers-and-nubian-mercenaries-new-D975J0.jpg

nubians.jpg

800px-Khnum,_Setos_I.,_Amun.jpg

This is a modern day Nubian from southern Egypt looks very Somali
IMG_7216.JPG

This shows the ppl of punt(1st row)and Kush(Nubia 2nd row) as having two looks a dark look and a look just like the egyptians have.
Rechmire-Tributszene.jpg

i came across this forum accidentally while searching up something(I'm sudanese). i noticed somalis here refer to the sudanese and other africans as madow (i gather it's a word for sub-saharans) with an uppity attitude, which to me isn't something to be ashamed of. some said northern sudanese are arab-nilotes mutts and cited this study http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1006976
which indeed says the northern sudanese (nubians in particular) were a group similar to nillotes which got admixed with arabs during the arabs expansion. but they undoubtedly got all backwards.

1. according to the article the Nubians genetic makeup is around half Middle eastern. so they're talking about genocide where the Arabs rounded up and killed all the men and then took the women, but somehow the Nubians managed to preserve their language which they still speak to this day as their first language. another factor disproving such event is that the Christian Nubian kingdoms were only conquered by Egypt around their last days for a couple of years before Sudan and Egypt were taken by the Ottomans and even then settling in Sudan wouldn't have been attractive for Arabs or Egyptians since it was poor compared to Egypt.

2. The mixture date (56 generations ago) predates the Arab Expansion and perfectly coincides with Nilo-Saharan invasion and the switch from the Meroitic language (probably a Cushitic language) to the Nilo-Saharan Nubian language. Which is why I think they got it backwards, i.e., the Nubians were originally a group similar to Middle Easterners which got admixed with a Nilo-Saharan group.

3. The northernmost Halfawieen were the last to get admixed (19 generations ago), a pattern which matches a south to north expansion not an arab north to south expansion

4. only some of the Sudanese carry J1- FGC12, the subclade which is linked to the Arab Expansion. Plus majority of Copts (who didn't intermarry with Arabs) have J1 which confirms that J1 (which is carried by the majority of Nubians) presence in northeast Africa predeates the Arabs.

my question is doesn't the somalis know that they also are mutts? their mtdna is sub-saharan.

i came across this forum accidentally while searching up something(I'm sudanese). i noticed somalis here refer to the sudanese and other africans as madow (i gather it's a word for sub-saharans) with an uppity attitude, which to me isn't something to be ashamed of. some said northern sudanese are arab-nilotes mutts and cited this study http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1006976
which indeed says the northern sudanese (nubians in particular) were a group similar to nillotes which got admixed with arabs during the arabs expansion. but they undoubtedly got all backwards.

1. according to the article the Nubians genetic makeup is around half Middle eastern. so they're talking about genocide where the Arabs rounded up and killed all the men and then took the women, but somehow the Nubians managed to preserve their language which they still speak to this day as their first language. another factor disproving such event is that the Christian Nubian kingdoms were only conquered by Egypt around their last days for a couple of years before Sudan and Egypt were taken by the Ottomans and even then settling in Sudan wouldn't have been attractive for Arabs or Egyptians since it was poor compared to Egypt.

2. The mixture date (56 generations ago) predates the Arab Expansion and perfectly coincides with Nilo-Saharan invasion and the switch from the Meroitic language (probably a Cushitic language) to the Nilo-Saharan Nubian language. Which is why I think they got it backwards, i.e., the Nubians were originally a group similar to Middle Easterners which got admixed with a Nilo-Saharan group.

3. The northernmost Halfawieen were the last to get admixed (19 generations ago), a pattern which matches a south to north expansion not an arab north to south expansion

4. only some of the Sudanese carry J1- FGC12, the subclade which is linked to the Arab Expansion. Plus majority of Copts (who didn't intermarry with Arabs) have J1 which confirms that J1 (which is carried by the majority of Nubians) presence in northeast Africa predeates the Arabs.

my question is doesn't the somalis know that they also are mutts? their mtdna is sub-saharan.

Lmao it’s funny how Africans care so much about the opinions of Somalis. Triggered much? End of the day we didn’t lose our language like y’all, straight up Afro-Arabs. We are noble cushitics and not mutts, don’t compete where you don’t compare.

Lmao it’s funny how Africans care so much about the opinions of Somalis. Triggered much? End of the day we didn’t lose our language like y’all, straight up Afro-Arabs. We are noble cushitics and not mutts, don’t compete where you don’t compare.
you're a fucking idiot. there's no group of people who are still speaking their original language. Europe was invaded by indo-european speakers. the irish are dropping their language for english. lebanese, iraqis, syrians all adopted arabic and even the original arabs aren't speaking their original language, since both afroasiatic and iranian languages were brought to the middle east by E1b and R1a carriers respectively. furthermore i know that having a nomadic cushite identity wouldn't have made feel any better about myself and if i were to choose between learning a useless cushitic language (even if it was mine) and learning english or arabic i guarantee you i will choose any of the latter two any day, my noble somali refugee friend.

you're a fucking idiot. there's no group of people who are still speaking their original language. Europe was invaded by indo-european speakers. the irish are dropping their language for english. lebanese, iraqis, syrians all adopted arabic and even the original arabs aren't speaking their original language, since both afroasiatic and iranian languages were brought to the middle east by E1b and R1a carriers respectively. furthermore i know that having a nomadic cushite identity wouldn't have made feel any better about myself and if i were to choose between learning a useless cushitic language (even if it was mine) and learning english or arabic i guarantee you i will choose any of the latter two any day, my noble somali refugee friend.
Naaya settle down. U can't just talk to a Somali female like that on a Somali forum :gucciwhat:

@Factz bro look at this triggered mutt.

we speak somali alhandullilah we are not like you and speak some arab. we are proud of our culture and heritage. you dont have shit to do witth east africans. and useless cushitic language? our language is beutfiul at least we perserved it dumb .

Welcome to the forum.

Arabs came to our land as immigrants AND assimilated to our culture. Can you relate?

:liberaltears:

We’re the only nation in the world to have a Cushitic languange as the official language. I’m proud of my ancestors for preserving our culture for centuries even while we had contact with foreigners throughout time. Your people today are an embarrassment and shadow of what they used to be, the abeeds of the Arab world. When you aren’t begging North Africans, y’all begging Horn of Africa. Identity crisis much?

Arabs came to our land as immigrants AND assimilated to our culture. Can you relate?

:liberaltears:

We’re the only nation in the world to have a Cushitic languange as the official language. I’m proud of my ancestors for preserving our culture for centuries even while we had contact with foreigners throughout time. Your people today are an embarrassment and shadow of what they used to be, the abeeds of the Arab world. When you aren’t begging North Africans, y’all begging Horn of Africa. Identity crisis much?
they keep begging east africans they are not wanted its tragic

I told you that stuff written on SomaliSpot triggers outsiders.
I'm yet to see it trigger arabs, jews or whites. Too much false information and lies about those groups have been shared on here but not one has come to speak for them.

Apollo

VIP
I'm yet to see it trigger whites, jews and arabs. Too much false information and lies about those groups have been shared on here but not one has come to speak for them.

They are used to it and they are too laandheer to care. The laangaabs come here to rant, usually Africans.

im actually having a good laugh and quite comfortable with who iam. the world is made of mutts. you got an entire continent that is south america made of recent mutts. and if you picked any group of people you'll find they have haplogroups that orignated in different places. it's as if you added a soluble fluid to water, after good stir you will get a homogenous flouid again. same with two different group mixing, after enough time they will again look homogeneous. read some scientific articles on the genetic origins of somalis @Kudhufo Kadhaqaq and try not to kill yourself over it.

im actually having a good laugh and quite comfortable with who iam. the world is made of mutts. you got an entire continent that is south america made of recent mutts. and if you picked any group of people you'll find they have haplogroups that orignated in different places. it's as if you added a soluble fluid to water, after good stir you will get a homogenous flouid again. same with two different group mixing, after enough time they will again look homogeneous. read some scientific articles on the genetic origins of somalis @Kudhufo Kadhaqaq and try not to kill yourself over it.
Stop lying mutt, u are not comfortable with who u are. :pachah1:

Hey, are you male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts