People from North Sudan are not related in any way to Horn of Africans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
Horn of Africans all have relatively similar genetics and come from the same people thousands of years ago, but what on earth do North Sudanese people have in common with us? They're Arab / Dinka mutts from 700 years ago(Arab men who mixed with Nubian women), speak an Arabic language and look nothing like us. They are North Africans. I am not including the Beja people who form a tiny minority of North Sudan.

People need to stop lumping us together with North Sudan people who are completely unrelated and have nothing in common with us.

Horn of Africans all have relatively similar genetics and come from the same people thousands of years ago, but what on earth do North Sudanese people have in common with us? They're Arab / Dinka mutts from 700 years ago(Arab men who mixed with Nubian women), speak an Arabic language and look nothing like us. They are North Africans. I am not including the Beja people who form a tiny minority of North Sudan.

People need to stop lumping us together with North Sudan people who are completely unrelated and have nothing in common with us.
North Africans are actually closer to us than them

TooMacaan

VIP
The majority of North Sudanese look phenotypically closer to Horn Africans, than they do to North Africans or even Nilotes (regardless of genetic facts)...that's probably where the feeling of a 'connection' stems from. Beyond resemblance...shared religion & culture [*to an extent*] could have something to do with it too.

In the west, some of these groups also go through similar struggles in terms of identity (i.e. 'black' Muslims [whose 'blackness' is "questioned"/whose religion is an enduring heritage & was adopted peacefully rather than via conquest]).

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Nubians aren't of Dinka ancestry. Are you maybe confusing them with the Nuba peoples?

World

VIP
Aren’t the north sudanese mixed with the nilotics that have west african admixture and not the pure nilotics?
Yep. Before Islam, the North Sudan people looked like people from South Sudan. Then they were conquered by Arabs after Islam who intermixed with Nubian women whilst the Nubian men were sold off as slaves or killed.

nubian-tribute.jpg

These were the inhabitants of North Sudan before Islam(Ancient Egyptian portrayal).

Look at their hair, and look at the hair of people from South Sudan today:

Hamar-4-of-35.jpg

Yep. Before Islam, the North Sudan people looked like people from South Sudan. Then they were conquered by Arabs after Islam who intermixed with Nubian women whilst the Nubian men were sold off as slaves or killed.

nubian-tribute.jpg

These were the inhabitants of North Sudan before Islam(Ancient Egyptian portrayal).

Hamar-4-of-35.jpg
you are wrong..

north sudan is a location where most of cushtic people of ethiopia lived,
there was a migration towards the highlands in 3000bc.
The nilotic invasions happened quite late historically they even expanded into the great lakes displacing the ancestors of somali and oromo in kenya to the north..

north sudanese are a big mixing pot of ancient egyptian, cushitc, arab and nilotic.

this is why they still look like us somewhat..

the beja mixed allot with the arab sudanese, i still mistake mostly beja sudanese for somalis, and most sudanese confuse me for sudanese., from kassala or jazira.

World

VIP
you are wrong..

north sudan is a location where most of cushtic people of ethiopia lived,
there was a migration towards the highlands in 3000bc.
The nilotic invasions happened quite late historically they even expanded into the great lakes displacing the ancestors of somali and oromo in kenya to the north..

north sudanese are a big mixing pot of ancient egyptian, cushitc, arab and nilotic.

this is why they still look like us somewhat..

the beja mixed allot with the arab sudanese, i still mistake mostly beja sudanese for somalis, and most sudanese confuse me for sudanese., from kassala or jazira.
Cushitic people were nomads, not farmers. They didn't settle in the Nile River, and if they did then they wouldn't have migrated South into the Ethiopian highlands(where they then settled) and further south all the way to Tanzania. The Beja are the only Cushitic people(also nomads) who live in the Red Sea region between Egypt-Sudan which was the ancient Cushitic migratory path.

there are some people who consider the kerma culture of ancient nubia to be cushtic,
the language hasnt been deciphered yet, but it was before the nilotic movements.

nubian-tribute.jpg

Hamar-4-of-35.jpg
pretty sure thats a omotic from south ethiopia, dinkas are those super dhuxul ones

have you seen omotics?? i have they look like dinka,
just shorter...

remember phenotype(looks) and genotype(genes) are different.
those nilotic looking fuckers ( omotics) are some of our closest in terms of genetics.

World

VIP
have you seen omotics?? i have they look like dinka,
just shorter...

remember phenotype(looks) and genotype(genes) are different.
those nilotic looking fuckers ( omotics) are some of our closest in terms of genetics.
They absolutely aren't. Somalis are the only Horn of Africans who completely lack any Omotic admixture.

consider that massive climatic changes like younger dryas, happened several times,
the nile valley as a refuge with constant access to water and part of a massive system of river valleys all the way to the chad lake.
This allows it to act as a suction cup, drawing populations into it and also due to competition forcing people to head to the mountains .
consider that this happened several times in the 30,000 years.
with forward and back migration up and down the nile valley from the levant into east africa.
and also consider the founder affect and the look of isolated populations, and the constant mixing of populations...

the picture painted is more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts