Peculiarities of the Somali FOB

Somethings I've noticed with the FOB race, since a lot of them have moved to my area.

No matter how recently they've arrived they make sure to tell you that they can't speak/read or write Somali well because they lived in the West too long, even if they have no official documents or just came less than a year ago. Not speaking Somali is a status symbol and considered ilbax.

They despise Diaspora Somali boys and criticize them for being ciyaal suuq. Meanwhile they're addicted to pills, sex and alcoholics. Very little of Islam is retained when they get here. But the women are a lot less brazen.

The FOB men pedastalize Diaspora girls (probably why they don't like the guys) but seldom pull any.

Atheism is growing in this community, I want to do further research to see if it's a desperate attempt to assimilate or if it because of the growth of many extremist groups in Africa.

FOBS are extremely depressed as you might imagine 20-40 somethings would be in a strange land. But they do keep that nationalistic pride whether it be a country Somalia/Djibouti/Somaliland etc or their regional pride.

Please add any other observations . This is a new topic especially because back home they study 'dayuuspora' carefully. We should do the same!

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somethings I've noticed with the FOB race, since a lot of them have moved to my area.

No matter how recently they've arrived they make sure to tell you that they can't speak/read or write Somali well because they lived in the West too long, even if they have no official documents or just came less than a year ago. Not speaking Somali is a status symbol and considered ilbax.

They despise Diaspora Somali boys and criticize them for being ciyaal suuq. Meanwhile they're addicted to pills, sex and alcoholics. Very little of Islam is retained when they get here. But the women are a lot less brazen.

The FOB men pedastalize Diaspora girls (probably why they don't like the guys) but seldom pull any.

Atheism is growing in this community, I want to do further research to see if it's a desperate attempt to assimilate or if it because of the growth of many extremist groups in Africa.

FOBS are extremely depressed as you might imagine 20-40 somethings would be in a strange land. But they do keep that nationalistic pride whether it be a country Somalia/Djibouti/Somaliland etc or their regional pride.

Please add any other observations . This is a new topic especially because back home they study 'dayuuspora' carefully. We should do the same!
we need to stop generalizing groups of people in this forum. FOBs are very unique, it especially depends on how or with whom they came to the west.

A fob who was sponsored by family already living here or a FOB who came to the country alone as a refugee would be completely different.

You also seem to have some scorn for FOBs, it seems to be coming from a place where you believe you're better than them just because you were born here or came here at a much younger age. Everything you've "noticed" about them has been in bad light and that lowkey seems like a heavy bias to me. You don't just notice negative things exclusively of a certain demographic without having some prejudice.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

What diaspora are you from sxb ?

we need to stop generalizing groups of people in this forum. FOBs are very unique, it especially depends on how or with whom they came to the west.

A fob who was sponsored by family already living here or a FOB who came to the country alone as a refugee would be completely different.

You also seem to have some scorn for FOBs, it seems to be coming from a place where you believe you're better than them just because you were born here or came here at a much younger age. Everything you've "noticed" about them has been in bad light and that lowkey seems like a heavy bias to me. You don't just notice negative things exclusively of a certain demographic without having some prejudice.

I wanted to start an open dialogue actually. You are free to post ‘positive’ examples. These were just a few that I observed.

Asfar as creating stereotypes, there’s a clan forum, most forums are littered with racial abuse (to the point of dehumanizations) of every race but somehow this was too offensive? I don’t get it?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I wanted to start an open dialogue actually. You are free to post ‘positive’ examples. These were just a few that I observed.

Asfar as creating stereotypes, there’s a clan forum, most forums are littered with racial abuse (to the point of dehumanizations) of every race but somehow this was too offensive? I don’t get it?
I never said it was offensive. I'm not policing you, I just gave my opinion. I haven't noticed a common trend among fobs besides the fact that they're fobs.

All I'm telling you is that if all you've noticed are negative things then chances are, you have a bias that makes you focus or enhance the negative traits while ignoring the positive or neutral traits.

At the end of the day, they're all individuals. I've known fobs who were pretty stupid and impressionable, they immediately started hanging out with the wrong crowds and started doing drugs and got into gangs almost immediately. meanwhile there were others with a good head on their shoulders. There are so many different factors that are at play.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

giphy.gif

The scale of the change in their manner immediately after they come is astonishing, and I'm talking about the boys, their sisters still retain their akhlaaq.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Fob Somali

• Clueless about fashion dress, but tries hard to look shiny but using Vaseline instead of expensive Saloon men/women products
  • Deodorant is new to them
  • Not sophisticated enough to use language in ordering food, uses hands like sign language
  • Re-uses Xalwo oil in their hands for moisturizer.
  • Easily shocked, stares deeply before deciphering what they are seeing
  • Knows how to maneuver social media with IT skills stamina yet English is broken

Only thing I agree with what you said is that Fob boys and men completely switch up when they get to west. Not all but noticeable amount. Kicking ball with them then suddenly becoming ciyaal suuqs. Adult fobs having tinder, man its crazy. This is just a minority though

Fob Somali

• Clueless about fashion dress, but tries hard to look shiny but using Vaseline instead of expensive Saloon men/women products
  • Deodorant is new to them
  • Not sophisticated enough to use language in ordering food, uses hands like sign language
  • Re-uses Xalwo oil in their hands for moisturizer.
  • Easily shocked, stares deeply before deciphering what they are seeing
  • Knows how to maneuver social media with IT skills stamina yet English is broken

This made me cry with laughter.

Trending

Latest posts