Parliamentary system vs Presidential

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
These two systems hold much more importance as to how governance plays out then the Federalist v. Centralist argument.

Note: The first 6+ minutes of the video below is talking about the systems of government (fed,unitary,confederate).

TLDR Pictures in Spoilers below explaining the two.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
I make this thread to give a warning neither system is inherently evil but both systems practiced wrongfully will degrade rapidly into tyranny. Part of a powerful hierarchy is a strong base and core.

A Parliamentary system with weak institutions is basically the TPLF and a Presidential system with weak institutions is essentially MSB. It doesnt matter how sexually attracted you folks are to Farmajo his weakening of institutions and attempted precedent of trying to sign off an entire extension without the Upper House is him spitting on this country and breaking any trust people have in it. I want my beloved Jubbaland to break free from the revolving door politics in Africa/Somalia and establish a nation that can have a leader impeached and tried for these level of offenses In Sha Allah.

An even more important question you should ask is who truly supports democracy vs who will accept dictatorship under certain circumstances

I make this thread to give a warning neither system is inherently evil but both systems practiced wrongfully will degrade rapidly into tyranny. Part of a powerful hierarchy is a strong base and core.

A Parliamentary system with weak institutions is basically the TPLF and a Presidential system with weak institutions is essentially MSB. It doesnt matter how sexually attracted you folks are to Farmajo his weakening of institutions and attempted precedent of trying to sign off an entire extension without the Upper House is him spitting on this country and breaking any trust people have in it. I want my beloved Jubbaland to break free from the revolving door politics in Africa/Somalia and establish a nation that can have a leader impeached and tried for these level of offenses In Sha Allah.
Start at home on what you preach. Madoobe has been a dictator in Jubaland for a decade and he only controls Kismayo. It was the Somali government starting with HSM and continuing with Farmaajo who defended Jubaland sea against Kenya.

Now about our system we have a hybrid one of parliamentary/presidential system.

Parliamentary system is much better as it forces parties to negotiate. Presidency causes an Us vs them narrative which is destabilizing.

Som

VIP
Parliamentary system is much better as it forces parties to negotiate. Presidency causes an Us vs them narrative which is destabilizing.
Somalia is de facto semi presidential even though we should be parliamentary according to our constitution.
In parliamentary systems like italy or germany nobody cares about the president. The president just signs laws approved by the parliament and has the power to call for new elections, nominate a prime minister selected by the parliament etc. The prime minister has the real executive power while the president is almost just a unity figure like the queen of england. In somalia it's the opposite, we focus way to much on the president despite being a parliamentary system. Nobody gives a damn about the prime minister jn somalia snd everyone is focused on the president

Ibro

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.
Somalia is de facto semi presidential even though we should be parliamentary according to our constitution.
In parliamentary systems like italy or germany nobody cares about the president. The president just signs laws approved by the parliament and has the power to call for new elections, nominate a prime minister selected by the parliament etc. The prime minister has the real executive power while the president is almost just a unity figure like the queen of england. In somalia it's the opposite, we focus way to much on the president despite being a parliamentary system. Nobody gives a damn about the prime minister jn somalia snd everyone is focused on the president

Yes and no. Your right that Somalia is a defacto semi presidential system. However that's due to the fact Somalia uses the 4.5 electoral system which discourages for the formation of political parties which a prime minister's requires.

You saw this during the negotiations between Farmaajo, Deni and Madoobe. Deni and Madoobe opposed political parties because of this, it meant a weak parliament can't resist the authority of the president.

However if direct elections were to happen, it would eventually means political parties would emerges against the president. Giving the prime minster a chance to govern without the need of a president.

:dead:

Parliament can pass the election guidelines by themselves. The upper house doesn't have to be present. It's written in the constitution. In the first place we are in this mess because we didn't go ahead with the 1m1v that both the houses passed. We had to cater to foreign backed rogue states, who have no authority over electoral laws.

As for Jubbaland, you really are shameless :drakekidding:. I always find it funny when you talk about elections and the parliament :mjlol:. Kulaha weak institutions :hahaidiot:

Parliament can pass the election guidelines by themselves. The upper house doesn't have to be present. It's written in the constitution. In the first place we are in this mess because we didn't go ahead with the 1m1v that both the houses passed. We had to cater to foreign backed rogue states, who have no authority over electoral laws.

As for Jubbaland, you really are shameless :drakekidding:. I always find it funny when you talk about elections and the parliament :mjlol:. Kulaha weak institutions :hahaidiot:
What the future for deni madoobe if farmaajo wins election do you think he'll have full control of somalia

What the future for deni madoobe if farmaajo wins election do you think he'll have full control of somalia

Madoobe's time ends in the next few months. As for deni his time will also end during the extension. You sound similar to django are you you're not him?

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
now that you understand the difference stop claiming that you are for federalism, skinnies need to educate themselves. I am for devolution of power to the states.

the only thing that is incorrect about this video is when he said 50/50 relationship, its actually 49/51 because the central government will always have a slightly bigger role.

Trending

Latest posts