Parents hassling me about marriage....help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to keep this short. My parents (mainly my mum) is on my case about getting married. I'm done with uni and working now (early 20s), so she's saying this is the perfect time to get married.

I have absolutely zero interest in it and I always tell her. I'm more interested in clearing my student debt and enjoying my 20s. I've never really done travelling before and I want to try that on my own. I'll start thinking about marriage when I'm nearing my 30s.

I'm super open with my mum and I've always been, so she knows all of this. But, it's like she forgets about what I tell her and whenever I call to talk, the marriage talk magically comes up.

So how do I get this to stop?!

That’s sad :(
Be more firm with her, whilst being polite. She probably doesn’t think you’re serious if she keeps bringing it up. Does she know about your plans to travel and such.

Abdipapaya

لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ
Marry someone whos praying most of time and stays home

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Marry a wife in Somalia and leave her there. Send money every month and travel wherever you want.

Tell them you have a very small
and you won't be able to pleasure her.

They won't bring up the subject again and you will marry when you decide to do so.

Walahi you're lucky my parents won't let my sister marry and she's 24 I keep telling them she's got no time left but they keep telling me I'm sexist :farmajoyaab:

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
I'm super open with my mum and I've always been, so she knows all of this. But, it's like she forgets about what I tell her and whenever I call to talk, the marriage talk magically comes up.

I call this the Selective Somali Memory (S.S.M), it's a very powerful tool used by Somali parents... pretty effective if you're the sensitive type.

TBH I would've believed you if you were a female, this never happens to guys rofl. I got bombarded with marriage proposals left and right from my parents the second I turned 19... guess who hasn't had a single date with anyone :)

Walahi you're lucky my parents won't let my sister marry and she's 24 I keep telling them she's got no time left but they keep telling me I'm sexist :farmajoyaab:
She's only got 6 good yrs i hope she gets married before she hit 30 it's all down hill from then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts