Paper claims there's Bantu DNA in southern Somalis

Som

VIP
No its regions Juba, and NFD samples , I'm geussing they are Dagodia Garre, Ogaden and my sample I posted my resultsin Somali Anthrogenica.
are online calculators reliable though? if I get a certain percentage on GEDmatch or similar tools what is the margin of error compared to scientits studies?

Som

VIP
Oromo's and Amhara carry some Niger Congo alongside Omotic. All populations in the Horn that engage in Agriculture carry some Niger Congo admixture.
who has more niger congo and omotic among amhara,somali,tigray,oromo and afar? I'm pretty sure habesha have more omotic than us

who has more niger congo and omotic among amhara,somali,tigray,oromo and afar? I'm pretty sure habesha have more omotic than us
I think the only Habash that don't carry any Niger Congo are eritreans. Omotic and Niger Congo are different population groups. I carry 5%, Omotic, but where I differ from Oromo, Amhara and Somali Galbeed populations is my 0% Niger Congo, I probibally obsorbed some Omotic from Garre I think ☺.

The low sample size and a couple of highly Bantu-heavy individuals skew the average, like the people above said, my brother.

It's lazy science, IMO. It makes it unrepresentative. I guess Somalis were not the primary cohort of focus, so it is not consequential.

@Som and I used 23andme for my coordinates, aparently if you use ancestry and family tree, you will score less Omotic, if I were to use Ancestry I would probibally score around 2% Omotic instead of the 5% on 23andme many people told me that.

Oromo's and Amhara carry some Niger Congo alongside Omotic. All populations in the Horn that engage in Agriculture carry some Niger Congo admixture.

that's nonsense. Only population of Niger-Congos in the Horn are in south Somalia and east Ethiopia, how is an Eritrean getting niger-congoid?

Som

VIP
that's nonsense. Only population of Niger-Congos in the Horn are in south Somalia and east Ethiopia, how is an Eritrean getting niger-congoid?
It could come from admixture with nilotes. Modern nilotes have some Bantu ancestry apparently. Overall we are talking about tiny things, white Americans probably have more

chill bro, we are more madow nilotic compared to Oromo. At least according to this very confusing chart
I feel like this is why we are taller than those midget habeshi 😂

That little more nilotic dna gave us more height

World

VIP
Habesha and Oromos have less Nilotic and more Mota-man related ancestry. Their African component can be up to half Nilotic half Mota.

The southern Somalia sample includes three somali bantus clustering close to the cushitic admixed Kikuyus. They're like 50% ethnic somali. Other somali bantus tests I have seen also have more or less somali/cushitic admixture, it seems widespread amongst them

World

VIP
The southern Somalia sample includes three somali bantus clustering close to the cushitic admixed Kikuyus. They're like 50% ethnic somali. Other somali bantus tests I have seen also have more or less somali/cushitic admixture, it seems widespread amongst them
Not 50 % Cushitic, that’s how much the Masai score and they cluster closer to other Cushitics as can be seen from PCA plot. Those Bantus look about 30 % Cushitic.

Not 50 % Cushitic, that’s how much the Masai score and they cluster closer to other Cushitics as can be seen from PCA plot. Those Bantus look about 30 % Cushitic.
PCA plots can be misleading sometimes .Kikuyus got nilotic admixture besides their cushitic admixture unlike Somali Bantus who are a more direct cushitic-bantu admixed people as far as I know. If you check their position, Somali Bantus are literally inbetween ethnic Somalis and West africans. Kikuyus must plot with them here because this PCA doesn't differentiate well the West African, the Nilotic like found amongst cushitics and the proper Nilotic ancestry. Where would a mixed half Yoruba half Somali plots? Where those Somali Bantus are located. The PCA I posted is from another study using the same Somali samples, you can see more clearly how these three Jarreerweyne(in green) are inbetween ethnic Somali and "pure" Bantu/ West africans. They're close to Kikuyus, some rwandans but not exactly overlapping with them since they don't have this slight proper nilotic admixture which make them(Kikuyus, Rwandans) closer to Nilotics on the top left corner. Their admixture is seen on the second screenshot amongst the "Somalia_Somali" group, They don't seem to be only 30% Somali-like to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-02-01-28-31-037_cn.wps.moffice_eng-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-02-01-28-31-037_cn.wps.moffice_eng-1.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2022-12-02-01-54-40-025_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-02-01-54-40-025_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63

World

VIP
PCA plots can be misleading sometimes .Kikuyus got nilotic admixture besides their cushitic admixture unlike Somali Bantus who are a more direct cushitic-bantu admixed people as far as I know. If you check their position, Somali Bantus are literally inbetween ethnic Somalis and West africans. Kikuyus must plot with them here because this PCA doesn't differentiate well the West African, the Nilotic like found amongst cushitics and the proper Nilotic ancestry. Where would a mixed half Yoruba half Somali plots? Where those Somali Bantus are located. The PCA I posted is from another study using the same Somali samples, you can see more clearly how these three Jarreerweyne(in green) are inbetween ethnic Somali and "pure" Bantu/ West africans. They're close to Kikuyus, some rwandans but not exactly overlapping with them since they don't have this slight proper nilotic admixture which make them(Kikuyus, Rwandans) closer to Nilotics on the top left corner. Their admixture is seen on the second screenshot amongst the "Somalia_Somali" group, They don't seem to be only 30% Somali-like to me
Kikiyus are about 35 % Cushitic on average. But those Somali bantu samples look like they cluster near the lower end of the Kikiyu samples which is why they appear to be around 30 %.

Trending

Latest posts