Pan-arabism pan-islamism pan-communism

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
dictionary speaks for itself. kh is not even used as much as most other consonants.
View attachment 195092

View attachment 195093

Glad you're being civil. But again, I'm not arguing against the fact that many "kh" words are loans. Can you two stop with the straw-manning? What I want Piracy to back up is that it is not native to Somali or Lowland East Cushtic or the Somaloid group of languages. Somali could have easily had it in earlier stages and phased it out naturally the way Maay did with ca and xa as I explained. It's a normal progression, then Arabic loans heavily reintroduced it. That's plausible. And I was never arguing against it.

All I'm asking is for some sources (he claimed they exist) illustrating all of this and honestly also acknowledgment as to whether he can hear it in Rendille and I guess now even Iraqw. The claim that "Kha" is foreign to Cushitic and thus Somali is unfounded as far as I know. No linguist claims this and it was definitely present in Proto-AA and Proto-Cushitic, as far as I am aware.

reer

VIP
Glad you're being civil. But again, I'm not arguing against the fact that most "kh" words are loans. Can you two stop with the straw-manning? What I want Piracy to back up is that it is not native to Somali or Lowland East Cushtic or the Somaloid group of languages. Somali could have easily had it in earlier stages and phased it out naturally the way Maay did with ca and xa as I explained. It's a normal progression, then Arabic loans heavily reintroduced it. That's plausible. And I was never arguing against it.

All I'm asking is for some sources (he claimed they exist) illustrating all of this and honestly also acknowledgment as to whether he can hear it in Rendille and I guess now even Iraqw. The claim that "Kha" is foreign to Cushitic and thus Somali is unfounded as far as I know. No linguist claims this and it was definitely present in Proto-AA and Proto-Cushitic, as far as I am aware.
kh is a common consonant across africa asia and europe. specific consonants are DH X C Q etc those are a bit harder to pronounce. kh was incorporated to somali.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
kh is a common consonant across africa asia and europe. specific consonants are DH X C Q etc those are a bit harder to pronounce. kh was incorporated to somali.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Okay, I'm done here. All I asked is to be shown a source or two from actual linguists explaining through comparative linguistics how a consonant was adopted from another language and that it is indeed foreign to Somali. And I guess acknowledgement as to whether you can clearly hear it in Rendille and now even Iraqw because if it's in Rendille it's clearly not foreign to the Somali group of languages. Crickets. Just the same "Look at dictionary, many "kh" words are loans so it is not native." layman stuff. This is a waste of time.

why can't you just accept that it isn't. its not native. give me a source saying its native.

No linguist takes the time to point out that consonants in a language are or aren't native unless they aren't. Why would someone write a paragraph or a chapter about the nativity of "B" in English? Who even questions that? Unless it is actually a loaned sound you wouldn't have to address it and as the one who made the claim the onus is on you, saxiib. You said linguists agree with you and point it out so share the sources. I just want to see but all this avoidance just confirms you were lying.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
Okay, I'm done here. All I asked is to shown a source or two from actual linguists explaining through comparative linguistics how a consonant was adopted from another language and that it is indeed foreign to Somali. And I guess acknowledgement as to whether you can clearly hear it in Rendille and now even Iraqw. Crickets. Just the same "Look at dictionary, many "kh" words are loans so it is not native." layman stuff. This is a waste of time.
af somali anaa kaa badiyo. kh is incorporated its morphology is not even agreed upon. qamiis and khamiis are both used. kharaar and qaraar. khamiir and qamiir. khamiir is arabic for yeast.
interchanging between r and dh has established rules. j is pronoinced as ch but ch is not a official letter. people mix up kh and q so much its normal to use either one.

kh is uncommon with most words that begin with kh being loanwords! thats enough evidence.

@Shimbiris stop it sxb ,Kha waa carabi dhegcas ah and it needs to be purged from af soomaali .
Matter of fact , let's purge all Ayrabic influence in af Soomaali and make pure again , we can't have horumar iyo horukac without doing so.
# linguistic purism is the answer
-11599877375obqsk7xhka.png