Pan-africanism is not for somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ideology is mainly based on victimhood which Somali people generally dont have , atleast those I know.
Further more the advocates of this movement dont seem very bright minded. They can't even get a piont across without mentioning the white man every 5 seconds.
Because of these reasons and many others, I distance myself from any identity besides somali and muslim.
what are you thoughts on pan-africanism when economical benifits are set aside ?

Pan-africanism is a black thing. More specifically an AA and afro-caribbean concept. They didn't know which country they came from so they conjured up a fantasy and imagined every african could live in harmony. Kumbaya type shit. They had been treated badly for such a long time i believe they needed to feel powerful to take revenge on the white man. It is a revenge thing deep down, it stems from a inferiority complex. And they thought they could rekindle their inner negro pride and feel welcome everywhere in africa, but they clearly were ignorant of the fact that africa was the most genetically and culturally diverse continent in the world. Even the bantus has substantial cultural differences.

Last edited:
The only Somalis that believe in Pan-Africanism are the brainwashed SJW's looking for acceptance from the AA community. I have never and will never buy into their victim mentality when it comes to white Americans because it stems from taking accountability away from yourself and blaming someone else for your misfortune. Which is why this concept in itself might work for people still grappling with the idea of slavery, but that boat has sailed long ago and people are on equal footing in this day and age. You're responsible for your own success or failures no more white boogeyman.

You are confusing Afro-centric with pan African.
"Pan-Africanism is a worldwide movement that aims to encourage and strengthen bonds of solidarity between all people of African descent. Based on a common fate going back to the Atlantic slave trade, the movement extends beyond continental Africans, with a substantial support base among the African diaspora in the Caribbean, Latin America, and the United States. It is based on the belief that unity is vital to economic, social, and political progress and aims to "unify and uplift" people of African descent. The ideology asserts that the fate of all African peoples and countries are intertwined. At its core Pan-Africanism is "a belief that African peoples, both on the continent and in the diaspora, share not merely a common history, but a common destiny"

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
"Pan-Africanism is a worldwide movement that aims to encourage and strengthen bonds of solidarity between all people of African descent. Based on a common fate going back to the Atlantic slave trade, the movement extends beyond continental Africans, with a substantial support base among the African diaspora in the Caribbean, Latin America, and the United States. It is based on the belief that unity is vital to economic, social, and political progress and aims to "unify and uplift" people of African descent. The ideology asserts that the fate of all African peoples and countries are intertwined. At its core Pan-Africanism is "a belief that African peoples, both on the continent and in the diaspora, share not merely a common history, but a common destiny"

Simple Google definition

pan-Af·ri·can·ism
/panˈafrəkəˌnizəm/
noun
  1. the principle or advocacy of the political union of all the indigenous inhabitants of Africa.

The only Somalis that believe in Pan-Africanism are the brainwashed SJW's looking for acceptance from the AA community. I have never and will never buy into their victim mentality when it comes to white Americans because it stems from taking accountability away from yourself and blaming someone else for your misfortune. Which is why this concept in itself might work for people still grappling with the idea of slavery, but that boat has sailed long ago and people are on equal footing in this day and age. You're responsible for your own success or failures no more white boogeyman.
Even till this day African Americans have this mindset. They literally cry over other races not wanting to date them.

They always portray Africa as homogeneous continent.

Pan-Africanism is like the LGBTQIAXYZ coalition. False association between groups that have no logical connection with each other besides some superficial shit.

There is different variations of pan African but the real definition of it is economic and political unity of Africa basically good version of AU
Many other things are taken into account in panA which goes in to culture and other things, and the concept is created by the very people that lacked any real connection to the continent.

An african economic union creating infrastructure and better trade deals between all african countries is ofc needed for our future survival. We don't need to adopt that type of thing to push for an continental economic reform.

If you guys have friends of African descent next time you discuss slavery just tell them Somali people have never been enslaved. I have so far do this with two and both started arguing and ridiculing me. It's was almost as the feelt disturbed by it.

If you guys have friends of African descent next time you discuss slavery just tell them Somali people have never been enslaved. I have so far do this with two and both started arguing and ridiculing me. It's was almost as the feelt disturbed by it.
Lol do madows think everyone got enslaved like them?

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Many other things are taken into account in panA which goes in to culture and other things, and the concept is created by the very people that lacked any real connection to the continent.

An african economic union creating infrastructure and better trade deals between all african countries is ofc needed for our future survival. We don't need to adopt that type of thing to push for an continental economic reform.

Again the people you are talking about are generally afrocentric that's very different from pan Africa which we could benefit hugely with free market where we can freely trade. Like this whole visa free thing that's pan Africa

Again the people you are talking about are generally afrocentric that's very different from pan Africa which we could benefit hugely with free market where we can freely trade. Like this whole visa free thing that's pan Africa
Sxb this ideology isn't based on a script so we will judge by the majority of it fallowers. Just a quick research will show what most of pan-africanism preachers think.

Status
Not open for further replies.