Owning a Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Somali and other gun owners in the US, please bring your expertise here. I intend to buy a gun at the end of this month or insha'Allah in next month. I have these concerns:

(1) Safety. I have kids and worry about their access to it. I would like to hear from you how on you safely secure it.

(2) How to deal with police. This white guy who used to work with me in my previous job told me that when police stops you, you need to put your two hands on the driver-side window where the police officer can see them. Apparently, the police officers will automatically know that you're a gun owner once they stop you. And if they can't see your hands when you're stopped, and they suspect a movement from your hands, they will not take chances, so they will shoot and take you out. That is how they are trained. Now, have you ever been stopped by a police officer while owning a gun and did you encounter any issues?

(3) Many states have separate rules for gun ownership and carrying it with you while driving, so how do you satisfy different state rules? For instance, my understanding of Ohio law is, you gotta have the magazine in the trunk if you carry the pistol itself with you in the car. Heck, what is the purpose of carrying a gun if you can't have the gun and loaded magazine together?

(4) Some of the guns are too expensive. I am budgeting $500 for this purchase. Which pistol would you recommend that is easier to manage, more accurate, and can be easily secured?

(5) Did you face any suspicions from gun dealers and gun range owners when buying it or when shooting it in their ranges? Apparently, some gun range owners don't want to sell it to Muslims, so please share your experiences.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I'm a avid practice shooter. I've posted many times here of me shooting.

It is part of becoming American to own a gun because as a home owner or even with a family I'll highly recommend you own one and that you know how to use it.

From my experience I've never had any problem with the the shooting range folks. They are actually very friendly and helpful.

I would suggest that you buy the less pricey one called glock 17 .9mm pistol.

While at you want have that carrying license. The main reason you'll needed is actually when you're outside your home. You don't always have to fire it but you can use it as a deterrent.

I will send evidence to the police that you wish to harm gays and atheists and hopefully the authorities don't grant you a gun licence but instead monitor you. And I will notify the gun stores and Wal Mart and Target headquarters.

Menace, I expect you to give me this man's full legal name and license plate number. I will do everything I can to make sure you have no access to weapons in the U.S.

I will send evidence to the police that you wish to harm gays and atheists and hopefully the authorities don't grant you a gun licence but instead monitor you. And I will notify the gun stores and Wal Mart and Target headquarters.

Menace, I expect you to give me this man's full legal name and license plate number. I will do everything I can to make sure you have no access to weapons in the U.S.

:drakelaugh::mjlaugh::pachah1::russ:

watch out AbdiJohnson, he is coming for u:ufdup:

AJ is desperate and delusional if he thinks he can set the authorities on people simply because they want to own a gun. Gun ownership in enshrined in the US constitution and since I don't have a prior criminal conviction, I am set to buy one.

Thanks for the info Menace. Here is a video of Glock 17 Gen 4 pistol:

How about securing and leave it in a safe place when you are not caring?

How do you deal with police when they stop you and find out you're a gun owner through your car's plate number?

menace

VIP
AJ is desperate and delusional if he thinks he can set the authorities on people simply because they want to own a gun. Gun ownership in enshrined in the US constitution and since I don't have a prior criminal conviction, I am set to buy one.

Thanks for the info Menace. Here is a video of Glock 17 Gen 4 pistol:

How about securing and leave it in a safe place when you are not caring?

How do you deal with police when they stop you and find out you're a gun owner through your car's plate number?

You inform them ..when you're stopped , like I got stopped the other night ( tail light was out, got a warning, fixed it next morning ) I placed my hands on the steering wheel and I already started filming the interaction on my phone that was placed on my dashboard. He came and I asked him " officer what is the purpose of you stopping me" and he told me. Then he asked my driving license and I said to him " officer I'm going to get my wallet out of my pocket " and so I handed him the wallet. If he had proceeded to say " I'm gonna search your car " then I would've told him " officer I have a carry-on licensed pistol in my glove department". This was unnecessary because I knew that he was just checking.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Guns should be illegal. No way Jose. I don't support owning a gun. Even the police should be revoked from their gun access.

menace

VIP
Guns should be illegal. No way Jose. I don't support owning a gun. Even the police should be revoked from their gun access.

You're playing with fire if you don't exercise this right you are endowed with by the constitution. These people are all armed. You can't imagine runtii. You must be prepared walahi. A little road rage can lead to maniac pulled it on you. As a family man now I have to protect my family. :denzelnigga::diddyswag:

Anyone come near my baby I'll blow their head off ..I've been going to the shooting range for a while now and I hit the bullseye consistently.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
If you legally purchase it, properly secure it, and have the proper permit(if you intend to carry it), then you shouldn't have any problems.

If the cops pull you over, you are required to inform them that you are carrying registered firearm.

As for placing your hands where cops can see, that's routine precaution for everyone.

May I ask what you intend to with it? For protection or simply exercising your second amendment rights?

menace

VIP
If you legally purchase it, properly secure it, and have the proper permit(if you intend to carry it), then you shouldn't have any problems.

If the cops pull you over, you are required to inform them that you are carrying registered firearm.

As for placing your hands where cops can see, that's routine precaution for everyone.

May I ask what you intend to with it? For protection or simply exercising your second amendment rights?

Don't forget to turn on your camera and to tell them your next move

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
I am pro gun. You would be too stupid not to own one. Simply because everyone else got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending