Over 350k Somalis live in Europe and none play for the top tier EFL teams

The truth is somali men will never be great at football because of how our bodies are built. But Somalia can become a great football nation in the future if recruit many of our somali bantu and bajuni brothers into the national team the same way France and other nation do with their more athletically gifted minorities.
Are Messi and Ronaldo bantus? The only reason Somalis are nowhere to be seen in sports is because Somali parents want all their kids to focus on STEM careers not kicking a ball around. Some of y'all on this forum act like different ethnic groups are their own subspecies wallahi 💀

Certain groups of people have a genetic advantage in sports not I'm denying that but that doesn't mean other people can't push themselves to be at their level or even greater it just takes extra work, just like it would take extra work for someone from a single parent household to outperform someone else who's well off with both parents at their school studies.

Dedication determination and discipline can take you to crazy places no matter what foot you've been dealt with in life.

No somali in premier league, la liga, bundasliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, eredivisie, etc
:whoa: :mjcry:
None in the nba, nfl, nhl, mlb etc but football is a worldly sport
:liberaltears:
We dont need professional atheletes, we need people with degrees and faith, we need people in tech, people in education, in health sector, agriculture, food industry, shipping industry and with expertise in these field we will have bunch of high value companies and when Somalia is free, we can move all that capital and industry to Somalia. You think we can do the same if we athletes? What does Neymar and Messi contribute to the country other than pr? You not that smart, not that it surprises looking at your other comments and threads.

The truth is somali men will never be great at football because of how our bodies are built. But Somalia can become a great football nation in the future if recruit many of our somali bantu and bajuni brothers into the national team the same way France and other nation do with their more athletically gifted minorities.
it has nothing to do with body, you weirdo, messi and neymar dont have the body of ronaldo yet they top class players.

90 % of our genetics is shared with people from south sudan(50 %) and egypt(40 %). both of these countries are athletic and well represented in sports. plus you don’t need to be that athletic to be a football player, it’s not the NFL.
You need athleticism in any kind of high level sport. North Africans have the genetic predispositions ,horners on the other side not .
IMG_20221226_021944.jpg

I know 2 premier League footballers, and they were playing for their academy teams from 6/7 years old. The parents and kids need good discipline from a young age, and even then, the chances of making it are remote.

You don't need elite athleticism to make it, but you have to be exceptionally good to play in the premier league.

Actually there is 1 in french league Troyes and i expect minimum 2 more Somalis to join big leagues in the next year or 2 . Scandinavia is bound to produce some Somali stars alot of the youth national teams have a bunch of somalis in them.

somalis are not athletic people. just that simple, i don't think it has to do with anything else except for us not liking sports for some reason .
No excuse. Look at Japan and Morocco this World Cup. We have similar frame to them, slim and lean with great stamina. If they can do it so can we. Problem is culture

You don’t even need to be athletic to play soccer. Your telling me midget Spaniards can dominate the sport just off skill but Somalis can’t learn it? Soccer is based on skills. It’s obvious these parents of Somalis are not inclined to get their kids involved in sports early.

I blame the parents. Usually small minded.

He is telling the truth, stop projecting your insecurities on other Somali guys, and go to the gym so you can be comfortable in your skin.
Nothing he said had any relevancy or truth in it . Him saying you don't even need athleticism to be a good football player and there's still no good somali players says all you need to know.

Nothing he said had any relevancy or truth in it . Him saying you don't even need athleticism to be a good football player and there's still no good somali players says all you need to know.
You need to be put through Football education from a very young age and be brought up in an academy. Tell me more than a 100 Somali kids in such academies?

Tell me the raw athleticism that Brit’s, Spanish, and Italians have that Somalis don’t posses? Football is largely a skill sport. If you said something about the NFL, I’d agree.

Don’t hate yo self :tacky:

I rather we focus on stem, academia business and entrepreneurship then being a entertainment athletic class of people tbh

I know many Somalis who tried to be professional long distance runners. The pay to be professional is really not worth it. I’d advise somalis to use athletics only as a tool for scholarships and opportunities

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Alexander Isak is Eritrean who now plays for new castle and was bought for 70 million. Somalis aren’t as gifted athletically as west Africans but we are built for soccer which requires endurance and decent speed. Where we will have tough time breaking into is nba or nfl which all about being explosive. East Africans are built for long distance endurance sports which is why we we have so much success in track, cross country , and marathons unfortunately they aren’t as glamorous as other sports

I rather we focus on stem, academia business and entrepreneurship then being a entertainment athletic class of people tbh

I know many Somalis who tried to be professional long distance runners. The pay to be professional is really not worth it. I’d advise somalis to use athletics only as a tool for scholarships and opportunities
This is a cop out, groups of people that are in stem, business, and entrepreneurs have people that excel in athletics.

Why do we as a people have this obsession with a Somali being a professional football player? It is so you can vicariously live your dream through them since you were never good enough yourself.

Or is it to hide behind as your Twitter profile pic while you go on your ravenous incel and racist rants?

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Why do we as a people have this obsession with a Somali being a professional football player? It is so you can vicariously live your dream through them since you were never good enough yourself.

Or is it to hide behind as your Twitter profile pic while you go on your ravenous incel and racist rants?
It’s national pride every race and nation does it, look no further than World Cup. Presidents and heads of state showing up to support country. China spends countless dollars to train athletes under 10 and turn them into prodigy’s for Olympics

Trending