Our hair is so beautiful/distinctive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'd definitely say that gives away my Somali heritage is my hair. It seems to be very distinctive and unique to us! People (Americans) always say that its "perfect". I never understood it, because I guess it's my hair? I guess when something belongs to you , you don't wake up every morning looking at what's nice about it, instead you're looking at what's off about it that day. LOL

And it's just not just AA's who find it intriguing.

People always talk about how African-Americans are obsessed with "good hair", but White people seem to be intrigued by my hair as well. It feels kinda good because it's usually the other way around (Black people worshipping White features). And the fact that I know it comes from Africa -- not Europe. Makes me feel even better. :banderas:Like yes, we are beautiful to all people!

People describe it as "regal". I never understood that either until I noticed how similar the hair is to ancient Egyptians. And, the fact that some of you refer to us as the "master race". LOL You guys are nuts!

But, do some of you have that experience too? :cool:

As someone with experience in posting hair pics and getting ridiculed, I'd advise against posting any hair or skin pics.
LMAOO
I'm very proud of my hair!!
I don't mind!!

ra7QPHe.jpg

FR0qLW9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts