Oromos move to wherever Somali people are residents and complain being mistaken for Somali,

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will respect them if they free their country from habashi rule, even Eritrea (4 million) freed itself but them 50 million Oromo under 5 million! How could anyone respect them?

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
You should see how it is in Arabsiyo, everytime I go for a walk along the road to the farms, I see these poor niccas walking all the time two by two, from the direction of Gabiley towards Hargeisa. I often ask them where they're headed, they always say Hargeisa, wallahi they walk by foot from ethiopia all the way to Hargeisa, they sleep in the wilderness and carry on their journey, if a car is caught carrying Oromo's by the soldiers by the control posts, you will be arrested.

That being said, Ethiopia is a blessed country, may Allah strengthen it, they played a key role in the early years of Islam, and the Prophet called it " The Land of Truth".

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somalis and Oromos don't look alike. Somalis look Cushitic while Oromos look like they were bastardized by West Africans. We don't look alike. Secondly they should stop following us around.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Oromos honestly aren't an ethnic group. Around 1600-1700s a bunch of warrior tribes from Southeast Ethiopia subjugated all the ethnic groups who used to live in current Oromiya (Sidamas, Agaws, Omotics, and many more) and made them speak Oromo.

They've assimilated thousands of somalis over hundreds of years. Somalis trying to escape the ajuraan sultanate and looking for better pastures. If you speak to any older somali, they'll tell you that oromos are lost somalis. Not to mention they're already trying to assimilate clans that live around them, garre,gurre,gurgura etcetc.

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Oromos are taught to hate somalis from an early age. I would love to know the reason why.

The only horn of africans I like are muslim Eritreans, they are the most genuine people wallahi.

The gaalo Eritreans only like somalis because they hate ethiopians, but they're not bad either. Lol

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Oromos are taught to hate somalis from an early age. I would love to know the reason why.

The only horn of africans I like are muslim Eritreans, they are the most genuine people wallahi.

The gaalo Eritreans only like somalis because they hate ethiopians, but they're not bad either. Lol
Eriterians are the coolest Habeshas.
I've noticed they're more reer magal than the others. They know how to deal with people.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You should see how it is in Arabsiyo, everytime I go for a walk along the road to the farms, I see these poor niccas walking all the time two by two, from the direction of Gabiley towards Hargeisa. I often ask them where they're headed, they always say Hargeisa, wallahi they walk by foot from ethiopia all the way to Hargeisa, they sleep in the wilderness and carry on their journey, if a car is caught carrying Oromo's by the soldiers by the control posts, you will be arrested.

That being said, Ethiopia is a blessed country, may Allah strengthen it, they played a key role in the early years of Islam, and the Prophet called it " The Land of Truth".

They should stay in their country and fight for their rights

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP

Ethiopia is my enemy . I wish them what they wish for my parents country.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP

Muslim Eritreans are mostly non Habesha, they have been subjected by the Habesha just like Oromos for the longest.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Eriterians are the coolest Habeshas.
I've noticed they're more reer magal than the others. They know how to deal with people.

Is just because they see Ethiopia as enemy otherwise local association they see amhara as their distant cousins.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
They should move to Massachusetts or somewhere where there are no Somalis and stop focking following us if they don't want anything to do with us.
Boston alone Ives 10,000 Somalis, I don't know about rest of Massachusetts. But anyway, Oromo maxaa nadaba dhigey horta?

Boston alone Ives 10,000 Somalis, I don't know about rest of Massachusetts. But anyway, Oromo maxaa nadaba dhigey horta?

they want what you have, go to any state in the u.s or any country in the world and ask them if they heard of oromo region/ppl and see how many answes you'll get, then ask them if they heard about somalia:gnzbryw:.

somalis have a identity they don't and they are almost twice our population.

Honestly, i wouldn't get too upset about this. If you actually read the full article then you'll see why they want to be recognized. Just like Somali's face the language barrier and assimilation is initially a difficult thing, they have and are currently facing the same problems. So let's not blame people for saying they want to be called what they are. These people never said they hate Somali's, neither have they disparaged Somali's. They only said they want to be differentiated and want to build a community for themselves that supports them. They have a right to this, so let's not get triggered about something that isn't even there.

Honestly, i wouldn't get too upset about this. If you actually read the full article then you'll see why they want to be recognized. Just like Somali's face the language barrier and assimilation is initially a difficult thing, they have and are currently facing the same problems. So let's not blame people for saying they want to be called what they are. These people never said they hate Somali's, neither have they disparaged Somali's. They only said they want to be differentiated and want to build a community for themselves that supports them. They have a right to this, so let's not get triggered about something that isn't even there.

Why they had to bring the name Somalia in this matter? They are Ethiopian, build your org community and stop bringing somalia name in your own issues.

Why they had to bring the name Somalia in this matter? They are Ethiopian, build your org community and stop bringing somalia name in your own issues.
^I can see where you sentiment is coming from. But they brought it up because OTHER people were calling them somali. Not because they want to go around telling everyone they're not somali. It's kinda like if you were greek, and i kept calling you italian even though you don't speak the language and can clearly tell the differences between the two. At some point it'll get really annoying and you'll have to speak up. But regardless, i think it's a good idea. There's been more than enough accidents and troubles caused by people not being able to read signs or get around because they're english is just not good enough yet. I say more power to them, and i think as a community we should support them. Cause the only way to defeat prejudice is to disprove it, so let's disprove their prejudice, if they have any, against us. And hopefully that'll be enough to disprove our prejudice of them, since some people still have some based on this threads existence.

image.jpeg
^I can see where you sentiment is coming from. But they brought it up because OTHER people were calling them somali. Not because they want to go around telling everyone they're not somali. It's kinda like if you were greek, and i kept calling you italian even though you don't speak the language and can clearly tell the differences between the two. At some point it'll get really annoying and you'll have to speak up. But regardless, i think it's a good idea. There's been more than enough accidents and troubles caused by people not being able to read signs or get around because they're english is just not good enough yet. I say more power to them, and i think as a community we should support them. Cause the only way to defeat prejudice is to disprove it, so let's disprove their prejudice, if they have any, against us. And hopefully that'll be enough to disprove our prejudice of them, since some people still have some based on this threads existence.

I totally agree in what you said but it seems that they do not want us from first place. I do not like begging acceptance from people who do not care for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending