Oromos came from Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shouldn't be news to anyone. As if we came from a group of failures such as the Oromo. They let a small group of Habesha rule over them for generations.
:farmajoyaab:
But yeah, Somalis are one of the purest Cushitic groups in Africa. The only people who aren't that mixed like us are probably the Afar. Oromos have diluted their blood with Madow groups like the Omotics alongside their Habesha brothers. No wonder they're all short and look noticeably different in appearance compared to Somalis.

right but after doing some research and talking to some oromo i feel they were conquered with the help of the west and the west is also destabilizing Somalia anything that has to do with Somalia the west will try and destroy it

Rahanweyn clans are local confederations based on geography, most Rahanweyn actually have dual membership, in a local Rahanweyn clan and also a Samaale or Digil clan. Digil is quasi-federal as well for instance Garre are Gardheere Samaale or Dir but are also considered a Digil clan. Digil and Mirifle kinship is looser and more federal than Samaale kinship and has more overlap, it's more like the Oromo kinship system.

In the south you can't draw clear lines between groups because there's a lot more overlap and clans can be considered part of 2 or even 3 different clans simultaneously, a lineage clan, an alliance clan and a matrilinear clan affiliation. This is how Garre for instance are simultaneously Hawiye, Digil and Gardheere.

right but after doing some research and talking to some oromo i feel they were conquered with the help of the west and the west is also destabilizing Somalia anything that has to do with Somalia the west will try and destroy it
The Oromo have always been a weak people sxb. All other Horners (Somalis, Habesha, Afar, etc.) have always looked down upon and subjugated them.

But I can admit that the the West never had the intention to let the Oromo break off from the Habesha and form their own nation. Instead they rewarded the Habesha with Somali (Ogaden) and Oromo land for their help in bringing us down. But with all the instability happening in Ethiopia, they may have a shot in the future of gaining independence.
:hmm:

Rahanweyn clans are local confederations based on geography, most Rahanweyn actually have dual membership, in a local Rahanweyn clan and also a Samaale or Digil clan. Digil is quasi-federal as well for instance Garre are Gardheere Samaale or Dir but are also considered a Digil clan. Digil and Mirifle kinship is looser and more federal than Samaale kinship and has more overlap, it's more like the Oromo kinship system.

In the south you can't draw clear lines between groups because there's a lot more overlap and clans can be considered part of 2 or even 3 different clans simultaneously, a lineage clan, an alliance clan and a matrilinear clan affiliation. This is how Garre for instance are simultaneously Hawiye, Digil and Gardheere.
I heard digil subclans like geledi are originally hawiye while tunni is originally dir

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The Oromo have always been a weak people sxb. All other Horners (Somalis, Habesha, Afar, etc.) have always looked down upon and subjugated them.

But I can admit that the the West never had the intention to let the Oromo break off from the Habesha and form their own nation. Instead they rewarded the Habesha with Somali (Ogaden) and Oromo land for their help in bringing us down. But with all the instability happening in Ethiopia, they may have a shot in the future of gaining independence.
:hmm:
The West didn’t award Habeshas with Somali/Oromo land.

They conquered it.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I heard digil subclans like geledi are originally hawiye while tunni is originally dir

All false. Both Geledi and Tunni are mentioned living in southern Somalia before Samaale even migrated to southern Somalia. Sab clans are real sxb and their dialect exist for a reason because they separated from Samaale clans since the 1st century.

Geledi are originally a whole other thing, they trace to a man named Geledi who is supposedly an Arab immigrant named Cumardiin, like all the Somali founders. Geledi are Digil matrilinearly as Cumardiin's wife was Caasha, from the Caleemow Reewiin (or Rahanweyn).

I've never heard of Geledi having a Hawiye connection, do you know more about this?

The West didn’t award Habeshas with Somali/Oromo land.

They conquered it.
Of course they conquered our lands. But you can’t deny that the Ethiopians were working alongside the Europeans. Haile Selassie himself went to Europe to kiss white ass. But I don’t deny that we lost though. We definitely took an L when we lost Ogaden. Anything is fair game when it comes to war.
:meleshame::kendrickcry::mjcry:

Geledi are originally a whole other thing, they trace to a man named Geledi who is supposedly an Arab immigrant named Cumardiin, like all the Somali founders. Geledi are Digil matrilinearly as Cumardiin's wife was Caasha, from the Caleemow Reewiin (or Rahanweyn).

I've never heard of Geledi having a Hawiye connection, do you know more about this?
Yea I heard about them being cumardiin paternally and I thought cumardiin was under sheekhaal

The story from the Geledi perspective is Cumardiin was the brother of Fakhraddiin (the first Sultan of Mogadishu). I have no idea if this is true or not.

Lol. Yes.

Your suugo-science is making you go crazy. Somalis may have more links to ancestral east Cushites because we remained relatively homogeneous and purebred. But that, in no way, implies that we are the ancestors of Oromos. That's like saying Baltics are the ancestors of Indo-Europeans because they remained linguistically and ethnically purer.

Apollo

VIP
Your suugo-science is making you go crazy. Somalis may have more links to ancestral east Cushites because we remained relatively homogeneous and purebred. But that, in no way, implies that we are the ancestors of Oromos. That's like saying Baltics are the ancestors of Indo-Europeans because they remained linguistically and ethnically purer.

Lowland East Cushitic originated in Somalia, not Ethiopia.

Lowland East Cushitic originated in Somalia, not Ethiopia.

That's irrelevant. The point I'm disputing is that Somalis are ancestral to our oromos, which is nonsense. Correlation is not the same as Causation. Just because we have very little foreign genetic input doesn't mean we created the oromos.

Apollo

VIP
That's irrelevant. The point I'm disputing is that Somalis are ancestral to promote, which is nonsense. Correlation is not the same as Causation. Just because we have set little foreign genetic input doesn't mean we created the oromos.

Hypothetically, if we had a time machine, went back to 4,000 BCE, took some cheek swaps from the first LE Cushites and plotted them on a multidimensional PCA they would cluster with modern Somalis the most. Probabilistically, they lived either in Afar or Ogaden territory (Eastern Ethiopia) or in Somalia proper. Hence, it is fair to say that they were Somalis in the broad sense of the term.

Hypothetically, if we had a time machine, went back to 4,000 BCE, took some cheek swaps from the first LE Cushites and plotted them on a multidimensional PCA they would cluster with modern Somalis the most. Probabilistically, they lived either in Afar or Ogaden territory (Eastern Ethiopia) or in Somalia proper. Hence, it is fair to say that they were Somalis in the broad sense of the term.

I'm not disputing the first part. I'm disputing your conclusion. We may cluster closer to ancient LE Cushites more so than the current Oromo. But you are coming to a fallacious conclusion. Either way, more genetic studies and archeological surveys need to be done on the region before any definite theories can be put forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending