Oromos came from Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a well known fact that Maya people were their own Cushitic tribe until they were conquered and assimilated by Oromos.

Av528EMYQe_9IC7opwc0KA.png

That statement is incorrect. First off, when the hell did Boranas border hararge Oromos?

The name Maya is also an Oromo name and the clan is one of the oldest.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Hadiye and Sidamo are both highland east Cushitic native to southern highland of Ethiopia. During Al-Farah Al-habesha, it's very possible that Hararis migrated and intermarried with Hadiye people. I heard Silte are lost Harari people.

I heard the Maya tribe were also eastern highland Cushitic closely related to Sidamo and Hadiye that lived in northern Arsi. They got slaughtered and assimilated by Oromos.

Adal was called for help by hadiya because harar had ties with hadiya/halaba long before the 16th century, they seem to have been separated by the sidama movements. Silte were a separate group that got invaded by amda seyon and were forced to be gurege in the 14th century. Amda seyon basically brought northern gurege into east Ethiopia to set up a barrier against Muslims. I don’t think silte are lost hararis but they have many harari and Somali forefathers because of the Adal military occupation.

Sidama arent native they migrated before oromo. Sidama destroyed western Ethiopia especially the Amhara population. There’s not a lot of study on this, we only have info on recent oromo migration.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Adal was called for help by hadiya because harar had ties with hadiya/halaba long before the 16th century, they seem to have been separated by the sidama movements. Silte were a separate group that got invaded by amda seyon and were forced to be gurege in the 14th century. Amda seyon basically brought northern gurege into east Ethiopia to set up a barrier against Muslims. I don’t think silte are lost hararis but they have many harari and Somali forefathers because of the Adal military occupation.

Sidama arent native they migrated before oromo. Sidama destroyed western Ethiopia especially the Amhara population. There’s not a lot of study on this, we only have info on recent oromo migration.

I've heard about the great wave of Sidamo expansion. They were responsible of destroying Axum Empire led by their Sidamo queen called Gudit and occupied vast areas in Ethiopia but I don't know what happened to them after the Oromo expansion?

All I know is they established the Bale Sultanate which was the most powerful Sultanate in Ethiopia. Did you know the dynasty that ruled Bale Sultanate had Somali origins?

Apparently, Sheikh Hussein from Mogadishu converted the Sidamo population into Islam and established a dynasty in Bale highlands.

I have hundreds of distant relatives on 23andMe and not a single one is E-V1792.

This lineage (E-V1792) is utterly laangaab and irrelevant.

A Garre man (Raxanweyn) on 23andMe is E-M78 like most Somalis and not V1792. A study sampling a hundred Garre in Kenya also found E-M78 to predominate and not E-Z830 derivatives such as those you mentioned.

You are talking out of your ass and have a malicious agenda.
He’s probably an oromo tryna divide us, I’ve also seen them claim hawiye as berentuma oromo multiple times

Young Popeye

Call me pops
I've heard about the great wave of Sidamo expansion. They were responsible of destroying Axum Empire led by their Sidamo queen called Gudit and occupied vast areas in Ethiopia but I don't know what happened to them after the Oromo expansion?

All I know is they established the Bale Sultanate which was the most powerful Sultanate in Ethiopia. Did you know the dynasty that ruled Bale Sultanate had Somali origins?

Apparently, Sheikh Hussein from Mogadishu converted the Sidamo population into Islam and established a dynasty in Bale highlands.

Sidama migration seem much recent then Axum though, the writer of futuh al habesha mentions female queen who attacked Axum in passing, he says she was a leader of the sultanate of dahlak. Axum moved their capital east and ended up in welo, she went there and also had presence in north Somalia. The queen is mentioned as harari queen so that includes the ogaden area. I think this is where the arawelo legends originated.

Somalis certainly had a presence in bale so a dynasty there isn’t far fetched. The question is, was bale under somali dynasty before or after a sidama migration. It’s already known oromo took land from Somalis in bale but the population of bale seems very mixed to this day

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Sidama migration seem much recent then Axum though, the writer of futuh al habesha mentions female queen who attacked Axum in passing, he says she was a leader of the sultanate of dahlak. Axum moved their capital east and ended up in welo, she went there and also had presence in north Somalia. The queen is mentioned as harari queen so that includes the ogaden area. I think this is where the arawelo legends originated.

Somalis certainly had a presence in bale so a dynasty there isn’t far-fetched. The question is, was bale under sidama before or after a sidama migration. It’s already known oromo took land from Somalis in bale but the population of bale seems very mixed to this day

Queen Arawelo and queen Gudit are two different queens with two different era's lol. Queen Gudit homeland was stated to be modern-day Sidamo area and most scholars agree she was Sidamo led a Sidamo army that destroyed Axum empire.

Sidamo expansion was long time ago, it wasn't recent at all. That's what most studies agree on and Bale Sultanate was largely Sidamo, just the dynasty were Somali. Somalis love to claim Bale because it's where our rivers originate from. Geopolitics is a . :icon lol:

Last edited:
North Somalis lived in South Somalia a few thousand years ago (around Moses' time). South Somalia belongs to North Somalis.

Ancient DNA from South Somalia will be identical to modern Issa Djiboutians, Somalilanders, and Puntlanders.

Will be? Is this a prediction or something established in fact? Are you talking Cushites or Somalis?

How do you explain groups like the Eyle and Boni?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Queen Arawelo and queen Gudit are two different queens with two different era's lol. Queen Gudit homeland was stated to be modern-day Sidamo area and most scholars agree she was Sidamo led a Sidamo army that destroyed Axum empire.

Sidamo expansion was long time ago, it wasn't recent at all. That's what most studies agree on and Bale Sultanate was largely Sidamo, just the dynasty were Somali. Somalis love to claim Bale because it's where our rivers come from. Geopolitics is a . :icon lol:

Somalis say Arawelo is a myth so which era is she from? Is there any historical writings that she was real? If not then based on writings there’s only a handful of female leaders, the wife of imam and gudit. They are the only two females recorded to have governed both Somalia and Ethiopia

If Somali dynasty popped up in a sidama held country in bale then it was an invasion. So they have rights to claim over it. Bale and arsi supported harar and ogaden against Haile Selassie they felt they should be one country with their brothers.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Somalis say Arawelo is a myth so which era is she from? Is there any historical writings that she was real? If not then based on writings there’s only a handful of female leaders, the wife of imam and gudit. They are the only two recorded to have governed both Somalia and Ethiopia

If Somali dynasty popped up in a sidama held country in bale then it was an invasion. So they have rights to claim over it. Bale and arsi supported harar and ogaden against Haile Selassie they felt they should be one country with their brothers.

Queen Gudit only governed western Ethiopia (Sidamo area) and Imam Ahmed wife was no leader figure so none of them ever governed Somalia but Arawelo is believed to have been a queen of Macrobia which was an ancient tribal Somali kingdom and the Macrobian kingdom existed in the same period as Dʿmt Kingdom and Sabaean kingdom.

Fc32WrezRRGdMR9WqAI-YQ.png

CAlWUwRyQRuZrAdvLsZDcQ.png

Last edited:
you are clearly ignoring the elephant in the room. Rahanwen are farmers, most somalis are not. they speak a very different language than us. and they belong to a low caste clan called sab. this is enough proof they are not real somalis. so their origin is obviously something else, and the best candidate here is oromo.

Not all Rahanweyn are farmers, some are pastoralists. Secondly , all cushites, including Somalis, were at one point farmers/ and or cattle herders. Words like Sareen,Soor, Misinga, Qoti, Digir-all point to a past farming lifestyle for ancient cushites. Some Somali clans adopted a lifestyle of camel herding after the camel was brought to East Africa from Arabia. The Oromo and Somali split well before the Af Maxa Tiri and Af May speakers split. You are mixing a lot of issues up sxb.

I'm pretty sure Oromo's came from northwest Bale in the mountains. Their history as well as traditional Ethiopian history both say they came from Mada Walabu which is northwestern Bale.

Oromo and Somali are sibling peoples, one did not come from the other, rather they share a common ancestor.
Right, why do Somalis get a superior complex when discussing where Oromo came from they call them gypsies then say they came from us,

Argobba people still exist in tiny communities along the edge of the highlands but many of them have become Oromo or Somali or Amhara or Afar over the centuries. They used to have their own kingdom back in the old days, the Sultanate of Shawa. Sheekhaal were originally a clan of the nation that would later become the Argobba and part of the Harari nations, the Gabala people or people of the mountains.
As a Sheekhal I do notice that many sheekhal of a omatic look to them and our history told us our origin was in Harar and that we became somalizized over the generations same as darods

Apollo

VIP
As a Sheehan I do notice that many sheekhal of a omatic look to them and our history told us our origin was in Harar and that we became somalizized over the generations same as darods

Sheekhaals have a bunch of weird Middle Eastern haplogroups not found in other Somalis:

E-M123
E-M81
J2
R1a

I think they have absorbed Middle Eastern men, but not much women.

Somalis say Arawelo is a myth so which era is she from? Is there any historical writings that she was real? If not then based on writings there’s only a handful of female leaders, the wife of imam and gudit. They are the only two females recorded to have governed both Somalia and Ethiopia

Somali oral historians says Araweelo was pre Islamic. Her burial place is in the Sanaag region. Men throw stones at her grave and females lay flowers in tribute to her legacy. I don’t think she has anything to do with the other figures you mentioned.

you are clearly ignoring the elephant in the room. Rahanwen are farmers, most somalis are not. they speak a very different language than us. and they belong to a low caste clan called sab. this is enough proof they are not real somalis. so their origin is obviously something else, and the best candidate here is oromo.
And so what? My mother's side have also been farmers for the longest they can remember and we are pure Somali you dumbass. Majority of Rahanweyne are pure Somali just like any other clan, and dialects mean nothing. You will only fine some Somali Bantus claiming their clan but that's about it

And so what? My mother's side have also been farmers for the longest they can remember and we are pure Somali you dumbass. Majority of Rahanweyne are pure Somali just like any other clan, and dialects mean nothing. You will only fine some Somali Bantus claiming their clan but that's about it
@Apollo What is your take on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.