Oral Minoxidil

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Idk how old you are but there are bunch of teens/early 20s guys here who don’t know any better. Neither of these meds provide permanent solutions and you have to take them for life once you start to get results. Once you stop you’ll shred tons of hair. I suggest you don’t promote it here and if I were you I’d stop using it and look for more natural alternative for hair growth. Research Rosemary.

It's important to note that this is only true for scalp hair. Any facial or body hair he gains, once it hits the terminal stage will be permanent. Scalp hair needs continuous minoxidil treatment because the underlying issues that cause male pattern baldness are not addressed and will continue to cause hair loss once you discontinue your minoxidil use but facial and body hair gains are different and there's no balding mechanism for them in the body. They go through three stages if memory serves me right:
  • Vellus: the soft, light, very wispy, almost invisible hairs all over our bodies
  • Intermediate: still rather soft and wispy but more dark and visible now. This is what you see on a teenager's face when they're first developing facial hair
  • Terminal: dark and coarse hair you see on a fully developed beard
Once the terminal stage is reached he will not lose any of his facial or body hairs. But he has to really give it time. Could take almost a year or more sometimes.

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
It's important to note that this is only true for scalp hair. Any facial or body hair he gains, once it hits the terminal stage will be permanent. Scalp hair needs continuous minoxidil treatment because the underlying issues that cause male pattern baldness are not addressed and will continue to cause hair loss once you discontinue your minoxidil use but facial and body hair gains are different and there's no balding mechanism for them in the body. They go through three stages if memory serves me right:
  • Vellus: the soft, light, very wispy, almost invisible hairs all over our bodies
  • Intermediate: still rather soft and wispy but more dark and visible now. This is what you see on a teenager's face when they're first developing facial hair
  • Terminal: dark and coarse hair you see on a fully developed beard
Once the terminal stage is reached he will not lose any of his facial or body hairs. But he has to really give it time. Could take almost a year or more sometimes.
I plan to take these medicine for life with progress like this. I haven’t washed my hair for over a week and I’m always wearing a hat, I want to be surprised on my 1 month mark.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I plan to take these medicine for life with progress like this. I haven’t washed my hair for over a week and I’m always wearing a hat, I want to be surprised on my 1 month mark.

I wouldn't advise that, abowe. Unless your diet and exercise routine are on point but even then... Minoxidil is originally a blood pressure medicine and heart palpitations are a documented side-effect of taking too much of it or taking it for a long time. Wouldn't toy with it for anything other than facial hair gains after 1-2 years of use max if it were me.

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
I wouldn't advise that, abowe. Unless your diet and exercise routine are on point but even then... Minoxidil is originally a blood pressure medicine and heart palpitations are a documented side-effect of taking too much of it or taking it for a long time. Wouldn't toy with it for anything other than facial hair gains after 1-2 years of use max if it were me.
I’ll probably take it for a few years while my hair grows super long, then just stick with finasteride for maintenance :kanyeshrug:

If I ever cut my hair again, back to minoxidil! (Probably won’t ever cut my hair)

I plan to take minoxidil for life. I take 2% topical right now. Might take a low dose of oral minoxidil in the future.

Minoxidil only causes heart palpitations at higher dosages.

Rosemary is proving to work, not the oil but the actual plant. Also you’re getting your meds from India?? That’s absolutely insane! You’re putting your health at risk all for hair? Smh. Why not get a prescription? As for new meds coming along, both minoxidil & finasteride have been in the market long time, the chances of better alternative coming along anytime soon is slim.
There are several others drugs in research stages and some even on trial phases. In the coming years hairloss treatment is going to be a gold mine for pharmaceutical companies.

So far the most effective drug on the market is finasteride. However, some people are hesitant to use finasteride because the drug directly acts on male hormones.

thats tough yall using it for receding hair, im using it on my beard for a 6 months on and off. alhamdulilah i wont bald till 30

Minoxidil is the best only heard positive things about it ,even used it myself.
There's no natural alternative that's close to minoxidil
been on it since 17 foam version, no side effects. would have a full beard if consistent but it ran out. got a new batch full beard by summer and once the hairs are vellus ill have them until the day I die even if shaved

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
I’ve been on Oral Minoxidil for about a week now (10mg), I’ll report my progress here:

Beard: Grown significantly
Mustache: Grown significantly
Eyebrows: Grown decent amount
Eyelashes: Grown a bit
Hairline: My hairline was never receding but I’ve had a naturally “receding” looking hairline, I see some hairs growing and filling the area.
Crown Area: (was slightly thinning) has grown a decent amount as well.

I have some finasteride coming in soon, I’ll provide updates when I’m 1 month on oral minoxidil, 1 month on finasteride and so on.
Waryaa go to Turkey and get transplant ya bidaar loof. Stop suffering with Minox and Fin. Fin will make your dick limp and you won't be able to f*ck, Min will give you baggy eyes, dry face and you'll have a more aged looking face. Get off them drugs boy, and do what real men do. I had transplant and some others on this sub have seen my great results. I only spent $700 in Turkey. I had a giant forehead and major receeding and diffisue thinning and things greatly improved now, my forehead size got looks somewhat smaller now and not as large as before and my hair is full thick and rich bwoy. I also had that PRP injection in the head.

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
Waryaa go to Turkey and get transplant ya bidaar loof. Stop suffering with Minox and Fin. Fin will make your dick limp and you won't be able to f*ck, Min will give you baggy eyes, dry face and you'll have a more aged looking face. Get off them drugs boy, and do what real men do. I had transplant and some others on this sub have seen my great results. I only spent $700 in Turkey. I had a giant forehead and major receeding and diffisue thinning and things greatly improved now, my forehead size got looks somewhat smaller now and not as large as before and my hair is full thick and rich bwoy. I also had that PRP injection in the head.
Saxib I don’t have bidaar, I got long nice curls, it’s just a prebidaar measure and it’s been working great.

Here’s my hair:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
Which brands you use ? & when you use gel
Uhh for the leave in I use mielles, I use Shea moisture curl smoothie for the curl cream and aunt jackies gel to lock the moisture.

First I wet my hair, pick it out, wet it again, add some leave in, wet it a little and shake my head, add some curl cream, add some water, shake my head a little, add some gel and shake my head like crazy

Uhh for the leave in I use mielles, I use Shea moisture curl smoothie for the curl cream and aunt jackies gel to lock the moisture.

First I wet my hair, pick it out, wet it again, add some leave in, wet it a little and shake my head, add some curl cream, add some water, shake my head a little, add some gel and shake my head like crazy
Those exact 2 ?

Attachments

• 819XjLD6cCL._SL1500_.jpg
    819XjLD6cCL._SL1500_.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 104
  • download.jpeg-24.jpg
    download.jpeg-24.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 133
I’ll be hopping on that soon.
You're better off with that than with 10mg of oral min, that's WAY too much sxb.
Start with like 2.5mg and slowly titrate the dose upward till you find what's effective for you. Even 1.25mg of oral min can be extremely effective depending on how aggressive your male pattern baldness is. Read this study when you get the chance.

Last edited:
Even if get a hair transplant, the native hair on the scalp will still be affected by DHT and fall out. You have to be on medication after a hair transplant, no ifs no buts. Otherwise it's just a waste of your money wallahi.

@Admin, can we have a dedicated, general hairloss thread please adeer?

don't listen to anyone who shits on minoxidil, minimal side effects and 0 with foam unless you have underlying conditions

fin has side effects, so I can't speak on that. good to use precautions than wait till youre actually receding