One of the most celebrated Oromo singers/musicians is actually Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
My elegant look doesn't lie.:gaasdrink:
It's hard to find a natural looking somali girls these days, most of them are bleached or simply use a lot of make up. :fittytousand:

I don't know how you look, so i can't say that you're elegant in any way. :gaasdrink:

@sophisticate You can dislike my post all you want. You're simply just proving my point. :pachah1:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's hard to find a natural looking somali girls these days, most of them are bleached or simply use a lot of make up. :fittytousand:

I don't know how you look, so i can't say that you're elegant in any way. :gaasdrink:

I know what you're up to, waryaa. You want me to flash a clipping of my face in the dp. :siilaanyolaugh:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
They just worked for Somalis. :childplease: We didn't do hardcore bondage. And the Oromos were apt to sell their women and children to any buyers. Hence, why I don't respect those without a Xeer System which prohibits that sort of thing.

Xeer system was a blessing and it pre-dates Islam. A Somali would never enslave a Somali. Even a prisoner of war who came from an enemy tribe would never get enslaved. There was no such thing as a Somali concubine either.

4zpl6gzsRIecEY4Tf44Lsg.png

People then wonder why Somalia so close to Arabia were never enslaved by them but Persians, Sudanese Nilotic tribes, Habesha and Bantus across southeast Africa would get enslaved by Arabs?

hAvcJj-_Sqim2wtXShhmTQ.png

Xeer system not only made Somalis very proud and strong but civilized as well.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Xeer system was a blessing and it pre-dates Islam. A Somali would never enslave a Somali. Even a prison of war who came from an enemy tribe would never be enslaved. There was no such thing as a Somali concubine either.

4zpl6gzsRIecEY4Tf44Lsg.png

People then wonder why Somalia so close to Arabia were never enslaved by them but Persians, Sudanese Nilotic tribes, Habesha and Bantus across southeast Africa were enslaved?

hAvcJj-_Sqim2wtXShhmTQ.png

Xeer system not only made Somalis very proud and strong but civilized as well.

Finally, someone that gets it. :mahubowtf: They have the audacity to call my noble line 'infiltrated'. When I'm aware of my paternal and maternal kin. They are woefully misinformed about Beesha galbeed. In theory I would have to be an outlier if I had noticeable omotic admixture from a genetic standpoint. Somalis have something that truly sets them apart.

Finally, someone that gets it. :mahubowtf: They have the audacity to call my noble line 'infiltrated'. When I'm aware of my paternal and maternal kin. They are woefully misinformed about Beesha galbeed. In theory I would have to be an outlier if I had noticeable omotic admixture from a genetic standpoint. Somalis have something that truly sets them apart.

You do realise that Gadabursi and Jarso intermarry with eachother right? They literally border eachother. Lol.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why are you so agitated. He is from the same clan as you. You should be proud.

I'm a thoroughbred, waryaa. All 4 of my grandparents hail from Gs. And everything beyond that is a Somali clan - Sheekash, Gadabursi, Issaq, Darood and Cisse. I can't relate.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

Sister, did you know there are diversity within Oromo sub-group? The Boranas form their own cluster, the Hararghe Oromos cluster with Somalis, and the Western/Central Oromos cluster near or close to the Habeshas. The Hararghe Oromos are the majority coming to SL/PL and they fit in with Somalis, hardly any difference in appearance.

Eastern Oromos are practically closest to the Somalis and some of the historians claim they are originally Somali who were assimilated by the Oromos after the fall of Adal Sultanate.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sister, did you know there are diversity within Oromo sub-group? The Boranas form their own cluster, the Hararghe Oromos cluster with Somalis, and the Western/Central Oromos cluster near or close to the Habeshas. The Hararghe Oromos are the majority coming to SL/PL and they fit in with Somalis, hardly any difference in appearance.

Eastern Oromos are practically closest to the Somalis and some of the historians claim they are originally Somali who were assimilated by the Oromos after the collapse of Adal Sultanate.

I'm a Somali, we're known to categorize. :mahubowtf:

I don't really care about clans at all, but i at lest know where i'm from.
From my mother side: Her father is rer hassen and both of his parents is also rer hassen. Her mother is a proud ogaden and so is her parents. So my mother is a mix between ogaden and rer hassen.
-
From my fathers side: All of his family members is dhulbahante, and he is the only one in his family that married someone from a another clan that i know of.

I was given the name of my fathers clan, but i also have ogaden and rer hassen mixed into me. So i got 3 daarood clans mixed into me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darod#Clan_tree

But none of this shit means anything to me. Some people might get trigger when i say that. :siilaanyolaugh:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Wow the music is very similar to qaraami classic songs played with the instrument cuud. Even the vocals and rhythm mirror that of old school Somali music. I enjoyed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending