One of my profs said something racist to me

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?

Chinese are like Somalis. Milk the system. Completely lack of Morals.

1677906883637.png

You should ask him how to ride cadaan peoples dick in the corporate world, in everyday life, in the afterlife, etc etc. I’m sure he has much experience, you know since we’re keeping it real
:wow:
Also ask him if he rides cadaan dick because his is smol
:wow:
Rides cadaan dick cause he's small? U implying the dude is gay

World

VIP
So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?
well maybe you won’t get it if you don’t say you’re black, it’s a competitive field and you need to use every available advantage to your benefit

he has your interests at heart

you don’t see white people complaining about white privilege

You should ask people why they said something weird in the moment. Not in a confrontational way but rather an inquisitive and joking manner. Sometimes they give you a glimpse into their true feelings and you can get an authentic response from them. You wouldn’t have to be mad (or questioning) about his intentions if you had asked him then.

If he hasn’t said anything else that’s close to sounding racist, I wouldn’t dwell on this one instance. Become his research assistant and get the recommendation later if he is a good professor that will help you develop your skills.

Indicate it if you want to make sure you get into that program. Nothing wrong with using all your resources. Who cares what other races think. Do what is going to benefit your career aspirations in the long-term.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Majority of the people are racist, this is why I don’t give a f*ck about others except other somalis, literally even other blacks who aren’t Muslim are very racist, just mind your business, laugh the fake laugh and do your own things

Shu
shush your victim mentality is peaking, don’t be a weakling

You're right to feel insulted, no matter what the people in this thread are saying. The insinuation that your race is the most imperative factor instead of the work and things you achieved would make any rational person upset if it wasn't the case. I don't understand why people are agreeing with him.

Trending