One of my profs said something racist to me

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
The indoyhar are a very upfront and no nonsense people. They cut the bullshit. What he said was true and I doubt he meant any offense

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
You should acknowledge and appreciate the wisdom of those who try to help you, instead of calling them racists.
how is he "helping" me?? like by that being the first thing he asked me, he's basically telling me only way i can get it is cuz am black.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?
He is just giving u the plug

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
ngl i would be offended especially if you worked hard to get there but i try to think the best of people so dont take it as if it was a racist comment.

What a brutal racepill. You should show that ricecel some of your negro might by becoming a top student in his class. Prove Lee wrong

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
What a brutal racepill. You should show that ricecel some of your negro might by becoming a top student in his class. Prove Lee wrong

Disappointed GIF by Leroy Patterson

Joe Biden No GIF by The Democrats

Trending