Once my parents die my connection with Somalia will as well

Do Y'all Pay To Relatives In The Homeland I Think Big Town Folk Lack Hard Work And Passion For Anything

#TuuloGang
giphy.gif

#TuuloGang

This is the same for me; all I need do is return home and locate people from the 4 streams of my bloodline and I'm good.

I was primarily looked after by my grandmother's family in 2016.

It is very easy for us in this day and age all we gotta do is buy a ticket and hop on a plane , it was a different story for people a century ago, that was one of the reasons why new world Europeans lost contact with their families and relatives in Europe, they had to take a boat and travel for weeks and months , a very long and expensive journey.

It is very easy for us in this day and age all we gotta do is buy a ticket and hop on a plane , it was a different story for people a century ago, that was one of the reasons why new world Europeans lost contact with their families and relatives in Europe, they had to take a boat and travel for weeks and months , a very long and expensive journey.

Europeans are extreme individualists and most don't even know their second cousins.

We consider 9th cousins to be the cut off point in my culture, and cannot marry them.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I made a thread about this a while ago, And thought about how our future children will be lost cause majority of us don’t know much about the culture too, how many of us can speak the language? Know folk stories , our nations history, our tribes , subclans , abtiris, We are done!!!!

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
lol couldn’t relate, I’m here chilling with all my distant relatives not just my uncles and cousins.

They never ask us for money either, it helps that my family back home is richer than us in Canada :mjcry:

Thats why qabil is important.
You'll learn your extended family just by qabil & if you know the city you came from it's even easier.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
So I just realised i don’t have any personal contact with my family’s relatives in Somalia , it’s the same with the majority of my friends . if my parents were to die today I wouldn’t know how to contact my extended family there . I don’t have their phone numbers etc .

so is this the future of the diaspora 🤷‍♀️

reminds me of how Europeans left for the americas and don’t know their family in Ireland or Italy😭
even if your parents passed way
It is wajib for you to xariir and support financially to your extended family especially if the family member is elderly, sick or orphan.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I think all of my parents siblings live in the west, their parents live in the west and the vast majority of my sub-sub-sub clan live outside of Somalia.

I am fluent in the language, know my qabiil/abtirsi well, know the culture/folk stories and know how to cook Somali dishes.

I have many extended family in Somalia, which I have on facebook or whatsapp.

That's why I feel secure in whoever I marry be it Somali or ajnabi, as long as I'm involved in the children's life, they won't lose their culture.

I understand u have different views since u were raised in different countries and there might even be language barrier for some of u but contact them because Somali are more welcoming when it come to family and relatives.
giphy.gif

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Same, my father ditched his high school leaver exams to flee from Somalia.

Many of his siblings were abroad for university but he decided to go the other way to Australia.

:jcoleno:

My father never sent money to his family in Djibouti, cause they are richer than us, but my mums family is reer miye, she provided them three houses use to send money monthly, but then her little brother tahribed, she got really angry cuz he left a wife and five kids but then Sweden sent him back and offered him 5000 dollars to go back and he accepted it because being refugee is really hard and my mom told him to get a job, she ain’t providing and now he’s a bajaaj driver and they rent the 2 houses so my mum doesn’t send money unless it’s medical for my grandma