Once my parents die my connection with Somalia will as well

So I just realised i don’t have any personal contact with my family’s relatives in Somalia , it’s the same with the majority of my friends . if my parents were to die today I wouldn’t know how to contact my extended family there . I don’t have their phone numbers etc .

so is this the future of the diaspora 🤷‍♀️

reminds me of how Europeans left for the americas and don’t know their family in Ireland or Italy😭

Just use their cellphones
08231BB8-BADD-402F-A94A-E61DD68D710B.png

This what keeps me awake at night. Will Somalia develop fast enough before somali diaspora disappear. We only got three generation. so far we are in 1 generation aging replace by 2 generation. The problem is not that you dont have connection, you can just ask your parents somali numbers it can fix the problem. the actual problem is your kids or grandkids will they have connection.

Get Your Contact's Up In Somaliyee The West Is Falling Day By Day In Europe Climate And It's People Will Swallow The Whole Continent Up

giphy.gif

This what keeps me awake at night. Will Somalia develop fast enough before somali diaspora disappear. We only got three generation. so far we are in 1 generation aging replace by 2 generation. The problem is not that you dont have connection, you can just ask your parents somali numbers it can fix the problem. the actual problem is your kids or grandkids will they have connection.

Ngl my Somali is 50/50 but I would send my kids to a Somali that teaches the language

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Go to Somalia yourself as soon as your finances can accommodate you. Establishing links with your distant tol( kin) for that shouldnt be hard. The thought of your offsprings being second class citizens forever should terrify you.

Go to Somalia yourself as soon as your finances can accommodate you. Establishing links with your distant tol( kin) for that shouldnt be hard. The thought of your offsprings being second class citizens forever should terrify you.

im planning on building a house next year I already bought land

Aint gone lie, Im in the same boat. Outside of few talks through the cellphone, I have not met my relatives from Somalia. I have met only those who have moved from there recently or earlier. Its a must to go to Somalia before links get cold🤔

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
So I just realised i don’t have any personal contact with my family’s relatives in Somalia , it’s the same with the majority of my friends . if my parents were to die today I wouldn’t know how to contact my extended family there . I don’t have their phone numbers etc .

so is this the future of the diaspora 🤷‍♀️

reminds me of how Europeans left for the americas and don’t know their family in Ireland or Italy😭
This is proberly the future of the somali diaspora but if you look it from the brightside you dont have to send money to them in the future :mjdontkno:

A lot of somalis born and raised in the diaspora can relate. not many of us have deep ties with lots of Somalis or people in Somalia. I know i have relatives in Somalia, but they only talk on the phone with my parents and never really us not sure why tho lol

Just visit Somalia , go to where you clan lives and tell the people who your parents are and what sub clan you're from, they will welcome you and take you to your closest relatives, one of the benefits of being a tribalist society , even if they don't know you they will treat you as family.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
So glad I went back made so many local friends Somalia cured my introvert nature they are an outrovert driven people

I love giving charity:rejoice:

Just visit Somalia , go to where you clan lives and tell the people who your parents are and what sub clan you're from, they will welcome you and take you to your closest relatives, one of the benefits of being a tribalist society , even if they don't know you they will treat you as family.

This is the same for me; all I need do is return home and locate people from the 4 streams of my bloodline and I'm good.

I was primarily looked after by my grandmother's family in 2016.

Latest posts