Olympic silver medalist Nageeye was asked about representing Somalia

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
He had alot to say about the topic;

1. Says the last time he has been in Mogadishu is '95 , says it is crazy to expect someone to rep a place he hasn't been in contact with for so long.

2.There is a long waiting period for people that want to change country of representation and changing to Somalia will mean waiting till 2024 to run. (3 year waiting period I guess)

3.Says Somalia has just started to rebuild, basic infrastructures and necessities are just being established , basically alludes to patience lol.

Here is the audio interview.

He made some points

No wonder I don't celebrate other countries' medals:tocry:and achievements, I'm a salty bish like that :tocry:

wasnt there only 1 person repping somalia, and it was a female boxer that got eliminated? we're 15 million+ strong, this is shameful.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
wasnt there only 1 person repping somalia, and it was a female boxer that got eliminated? we're 15 million+ strong, this is shameful.
The was a long distance runner rep'ing Somalia that came too close to qualifying to the semis, was 2 secs off. He is young though, long distance runners peak in their late 20's and 30's. The potential is there, hopefully the whoever was responsible continues with him and does more recruitment.

Winning a medal for a western country will result in more noteriety and money and will do much more for your career than winning for a third world country:manny:. I don’t blame people for choosing it.

on top of that. Somalia has nobody to blame but themselves for the reason these guys aren’t representing them.

There was a lot of Somalis at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. There was Somalis representing Holland like Abdi Nageeye and Sifan Hassan. There were also Somalis representing Belgium and Germany.

Trending

Latest posts