OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Mooge the new mayor of Hargeisa, which party does he represent? wadani?

Is the Borama mayor back in business or has he been defeated in the elections?

I think some of my fellow Somalilanders don't exactly know about the fine details of the local council elections that just happened. The position of mayor of a city/district is INDIRECTLY elected not DIRECTLY elected. Who cares if ina Ahmed Mooge is the local Councillor with the highest number of votes. Those votes for him was technically for him AS LOCAL COUNCILLOR not mayor.

Therefore if somebody else is elected Hargeisa mayor then blame the members of the Hargeisa local council only since only they choose the mayor.

@fais @Wir @angelplan @Ciidagaleloos @mr steal your naag @Gantaal97 @Gucci mane @Sandvaer @0117

I think some of my fellow Somalilanders don't exactly know about the fine details of the local council elections that just happened. The position of mayor of a city/district is INDIRECTLY elected not DIRECTLY elected. Who cares if ina Ahmed Mooge is the local Councillor with the highest number of votes. Those votes for him was technically for him AS LOCAL COUNCILLOR not mayor.

Therefore if somebody else is elected Hargeisa mayor then blame the members of the Hargeisa local council only since only they choose the mayor.

@fais @Wir @angelplan @Ciidagaleloos @mr steal your naag @Gantaal97 @Gucci mane @Sandvaer @0117

Mooges position:

The presidents position:

The peoples position:

If Wadani and UCID want to be very unpopular with the people of Hargeysa - and that can be fatal in the presidential election next year - they will stand behind Mooge.

giphy.gif

@fais it appears that UCID is against Waddani having both the Hargeisa mayor position and the Speaker of Golaha Wakiilada at the same time. Who do you think will replace Baashe as the new speaker

@fais it appears that UCID is against Waddani having both the Hargeisa mayor position and the Speaker of Golaha Wakiilada at the same time. Who do you think will replace Baashe as the new speaker

They new guy could be Yasin Haji Mohamoud (KULMIYE)
But most likely Abdirisaq Khalif Ahmed (WADANI)

Trending