OFFICIAL NBA THREAD

Tbh i don't see scottie barnes becoming a player which will take toronto to the next step he's an asset to build around a core of talented players. He will thrive if the team thrives.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Tbh i don't see scottie barnes becoming a player which will take toronto to the next step he's an asset to build around a core of talented players. He will thrive if the team thrives.
Interesting take. Masai thinks he’s better than Suggs so we’ll see what he does. Imagine this 6’9” point forward develops a reliable jumper

At this point we better overpay for Jarrett Allen since we missed out on Mobley. Sign Gary Trent Jr. for 18m per year, sign and trade Lowry and pick up some depth pieces.

The original plan was to package 4th pick with players for a superstar but the backup plan now is to go through a few years of “growing pains”,young team getting bounced out in the 1st round multiple years. That’s why I hate this, especially since we have proven championship players on this team
I'd throw up if Trent got 18 mill/yr. He's a RFA, no reason to overpay him like that. 15 is most I'd go.

Interesting take. Masai thinks he’s better than Suggs so we’ll see what he does. Imagine this 6’9” point forward develops a reliable jumper
On his reddit AMA earlier today, Jake Fischer said Suggs tanked his workout with the Raptors lmao maybe that was enough for the Raps to pass up on him

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I'd throw up if Trent got 18 mill/yr. He's a RFA, no reason to overpay him like that. 15 is most I'd go.

On his reddit AMA earlier today, Jake Fischer said Suggs tanked his workout with the Raptors lmao maybe that was enough for the Raps to pass up on him
Some other team will absolutely pay him 18m or more. We thought Powell would walk for nothing so we traded for a younger RFA who is a better defender. We can’t just let him walk.

I don’t believe the Suggs tanking thing. The reason they passed on him was because they have plenty of guards and Barnes has higher potential than anyone currently on the Raptors outside of OG. He really wanted to go too 4 and was hyping himself up. I don’t think he’ll reach his potential in Orlando

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I’m gutted we’ve lost KCP :francis:Hopefully we sign good vets or shit ain’t gonna work out for us. Bron and AD need to do load management can’t have em playing meaningless season games. Westbrook is always available he’s gonna be so good for us when Bron needs a rest. Alx no more relying on Caruso and co:russ:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I’m gutted we’ve lost KCP :francis:Hopefully we sign good vets or shit ain’t gonna work out for us. Bron and AD need to do load management can’t have em playing meaningless season games. Westbrook is always available he’s gonna be so good for us when Bron needs a rest. Alx no more relying on Caruso and co:russ:

Lakers too stacked now not gonna lie hoping for a Lakers v Nets Final imagine Russel Westbrook defeating his former teammates :lolbron:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I was gonna say sign and trade for Lowry but you lost Kuzma, KCP and Montrez. Now you have no bargaining chips

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Some other team will absolutely pay him 18m or more. We thought Powell would walk for nothing so we traded for a younger RFA who is a better defender. We can’t just let him walk.

I don’t believe the Suggs tanking thing. The reason they passed on him was because they have plenty of guards and Barnes has higher potential than anyone currently on the Raptors outside of OG. He really wanted to go too 4 and was hyping himself up. I don’t think he’ll reach his potential in Orlando
Raptors dun goofed Jalen Suggs was our best bet for a championship cant believe Masai chose Barnes:jcoleno:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Lakers too stacked now not gonna lie hoping for a Lakers v Nets Final imagine Russel Westbrook defeating his former teammates :lolbron:
Raptors dun goofed Jalen Suggs was our best bet for a championship cant believe Masai chose Barnes:jcoleno:
Suggs is not particularly good at one thing and has a Jrue Holiday ceiling. Barnes is a 6’9” point forward with obscene upside. Imagine OG and Barnes both on the court at the same time. Defensive terrorism

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
6B6E5E17-3EDF-4125-99EE-F5F034974F40.jpeg

After landing a potential future superstar in the draft, we might be getting a high upside young power forward and a pretty good backup point guard from Miami. The Nigerian sorcerer is working his magic and I love it.
gonna be 😢 to see Kyle go.

@digaagjecel What do you think

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
View attachment 195775
After landing a potential future superstar in the draft, we might be getting a high upside young power forward and a pretty good backup point guard from Miami. The Nigerian sorcerer is working his magic and I love it.
gonna be 😢 to see Kyle go.

@digaagjecel What do you think
I like this move but how much are they willing to give him? If they give him any more then 15 mill a year then I believe it’s a bad idea. What happened to pursuing kawhi.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I like this move but how much are they willing to give him? If they give him any more then 15 mill a year then I believe it’s a bad idea. What happened to pursuing kawhi.
Lol I don’t care about the Heat. Kyle is absolutely worth over 20m per year and they should give it to him. Kawhi left a chance to win back to back mvp to go home. He’s not leaving after two seasons. He might never win a title again and he’s ok with it.

digaagjecel

Lol I don’t care about the Heat. Kyle is absolutely worth over 20m per year and they should give it to him. Kawhi left a chance to win back to back mvp to go home. He’s not leaving after two seasons. He might never win a title again and he’s ok with it.
So your willing to give him a max contract?

digaagjecel

@No pun intended it’s sometimes hard to have discussions with you because your a die hard Toronto fan. While I’m a fan of a bunch of different teams which sometimes I am not loyal to. I come with an unbiased point of view.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
@No pun intended it’s sometimes hard to have discussions with you because your a die hard Toronto fan. While I’m a fan of a bunch of different teams which sometimes I am not loyal to. I come with an unbiased point of view.
If I’m Miami yes of course I’d give him the max. With two workhorses like Jimmy and Bam in his front court and a young rising star as his shooting guard, Kyle can lead this team to at least challenge the Nets, Bucks or the 76ers for the east crown. They can go at least 6-7 games against any of these teams and if the stars align, upset them to go back to the finals. Lowry is extremely underrated by US media and casual fans. I don’t expect the Raptors to go far into the playoffs next year because of Lowrys departure

digaagjecel

If I’m Miami yes of course I’d give him the max. With two workhorses like Jimmy and Bam in his front court and a young rising star as his shooting guard, Kyle can lead this team to at least challenge the Nets, Bucks or the 76ers for the east crown. They can go at least 6-7 games against any of these teams and if the stars align, upset them to go back to the finals. Lowry is extremely underrated by US media and casual fans. I don’t expect the Raptors to go far into the playoffs next year because of Lowrys departure
If Miami signs him there gonna give him a max contract just cause Pat Riley is an idiot. If Miami makes it to the conference finals with Lowry I’ll give you $50.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
If Miami signs him there gonna give him a max contract just cause Pat Riley is an idiot. If Miami makes it to the conference finals with Lowry I’ll give you $50.
That’s what is going to happen tomorrow. Only one year would be guaranteed I think. Kyle is a stud. They’ll go very deep into the playoffs.

As a miami heat fan i dont want no 35-year-old kyle lowry i would rather keep kendrick nunn unless lowry comes for less than 20 million because there is no way he's improving the heat that dramtically.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
As a miami heat fan i dont want no 35-year-old kyle lowry i would rather keep kendrick nunn unless lowry comes for less than 20 million because there is no way he's improving the heat that dramtically.
Gonna happen any minute now 😂 Stop with the disrespect. 35 KLO > Dragic and Nunn combined, hence why they’re not resigning Nunn

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Lonzo to the Bulls. The pelicans had a 6’8” point guard who’s a good three point shooter, good facilitator and good defender and for some absurd reason, decided to “move in a different direction”. They lost Lonzo to get Garett Temple

Trending

Latest posts