October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
As Somalia lies in ruins, subject to a hundred nations, let us take a few moments to reflect upon this most holy of days and the promise that was once Somaliweyn

With humility, allow me to quote what I consider to be my most patriotic and heartfelt comment of my brief somnet adventure:

"On this most holy of days, on this day of days, we remember and honor the blessed October Revolution that ushered in an unprecedented and so far unmatched era of power, peace, prosperity, and progress. Truly, this era remains the zenith of Somali solidarity and strength, this day forever linked with the memory of a glorious nation, a hegemon whose purpose and strength was determined solely by the immutable ideals of Somalinimo.

Jaalleyaal, let us take a moment to reflect on the splendor and magnificence of the unparalleled epoch ushered in by Kacaankii Barakeysnaa. Let us take a moment to reflect on the courage and sheer brilliance of the small group of men, or rather, heroes, who took it upon themselves to transform a weak and corrupt nation into the preeminent power of the Horn, who fearlessly defined an era, who resisted imperialists and their lackies and instituted a state based on the equitable ideology of hantiwadaag, who defiantly proclaimed the rights of Somalis the world over, who challenged superpowers and refused to compromise on the noble idea that all Somalis must be free to choose their own destinies.

It is my fervent hope that within our own lifetimes, we can be witness to a new Kacaan, a new transformation that raises Somalia from perdition and returns us to our rightful state as the preeminent power not only in the Horn, but in Africa and beyond. The events of the 21st of October and the subsequent state established by our forefathers will always be a reminder of the unlimited potential of Somalis when they abandon the divisive and narrow worldview that has continuously hindered our progress. It is incumbent on us to not only honor the glorious legacy our forebears left us, but to replicate it and refuse to accept anything less than complete and utter supremacy."
----------------- Based 2013

Jaalleeyaal, it is my belief that the Somali nation will emerge from the crucible of war stronger and more united than at any point in our past. Our entire history as a people has been moving towards this singular goal of a Greater Somalia that stretches from the desolate deserts of Djibouti to the plains of Wajiir, from the mountains of Harar to the rocky shores of Cape Guardafui. We must break the chains that bind us to the past if we are to find our common bonds, if we are to move forward in the future, if we are to survive as a free people and enjoy the blessings of the land given to us by the Almighty. Somaliweyn is inevitable, but every Somali must ensure (s)he is on the right side of history to make the inevitable sooner rather than later.

Jaalle Based

How have you not lost hope yet?
JnVyhh9.jpg

JnVyhh9.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.