Not praying a deal breaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's not a deal breaker. Why? Back in the day Somalis weren't very religious, some didn't pray at all. Some of these same people now never miss a salat. Bear in mind, you can't change anyone. And it's easier marrying someone at a similar level of religiosity to yourself. However, sometimes circumstances do and people experience a religious revival because of it while others experience a decline. God guides whom he wills.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
I dont discriminate malabs due to their shades, ethnicity, race or religion.

I havent prayed since 10 ramadans ago :meleshame:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
No because hes beyond the pale of islam.

You mean veil. I guess geeljire who didn't pray bari hore were also outside of the veil of Islam. Alx, we have dugsi everywhere, today. :rejoice: I would rather bring people back then discard them for not falling in line. Prayer is good for your soul. Provided your heart is in the right place and you don't act like a robot when you do it.

N

nadia

You mean veil. I guess geeljire who didn't pray bari hore were also outside of the veil of Islam. Alx, we have dugsi everywhere, today. :rejoice: I would rather bring people back then discard them for not falling in line. Prayer is good for your soul. Provided your heart is in the right place and you don't act like a robot when you do it.
i didnt mean it in that sense praying salah is part of the 5 pillars without your empty with the label "muslim" and its very sad to say im the only person in my family that prays salah

Iโ€™m not perfect with this myself so I would feel bad to say I expect him to be. There should be an effort though. He canโ€™t be the type that completely abandons his prayers, or always lazy about it (sleeping in, delaying prayers for no reason...)

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
I personally wouldnt marry someone who doesnt pray 5 times a day, because that is the basic requirement of a muslim. I want someone who understands the value of islam and has it as a priority.
What would she teach the children if she herself doesnt pray? I want the importance of Islam to be instilled into my children and you can only do that if both the parents views are not conflicting.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If your religion needs to be complemented by another human being doing the same as you, your not really a confident in your beliefs!!! I mean are they going to be there when you stand with god? makes no sense, religion is a personal journey you might not be at the same playin field. That's why religion is off putting to people, we class everyone as one 'ummah' when it shouldn't be like that at all. U dont class every student of every age into one class room, you break it down to individual!!!

That's why you get people who are not getting spiritual satisfactions anymore and hence leave islam!!! Would u get educational satisfication if they put you in a year 2 class when your 20 years old? I have also seen people satisfied with the standard rituals and thats great let them be, that's as far as they can go spiritually!!!

Last edited:
78e798eed8e11bf5c8d953c96b7d0486--hidup-quran-quotes.jpg
yh.....mhhmmm.....tell me more??? :farmajoyaab:

7929c3c046d1bb19074083da2c50ed06--sick-kids-kids-boys.jpg

listen at the end of the day its between u and allah , its not for him its for you , like i said the body needs exercise to stay in shape same way you soul NEEDS salah as nourishment or it slowly dies. Its for your own good , allahs wisdom cannot be beat by ur crusty knees :susp:
I feel bad now :/ I need to fix my iman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts