Northern Somali settlements growth potential is limited by terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalia is losing talent from immigration, no you are not benefiting.
True, but if what you say is right there will be a breaking point .A point where the West says enough and we return to Somalia.All that accumulated knowledge.Its already happening as the Alt - right is causing people to fear for their lives.

Bohol

VIP
Eyl is located in the middle of a valley and below the mountains
upload_2017-9-19_14-42-7.png

It is not the type of hills/mountains you can build houses on. They are pointy big mountains.

Example:Western Maydh
CeKBoNdUMAA9Epr.jpg
U don't need to make huge settlement their, just enough to mine those mountains, it has all the resources to turn our dirt roads into paved roads, coals for electric and other materials

Bohol

VIP
U don't need to make huge settlement their, just enough to mine those mountains, it has all the resources to turn our dirt roads into paved roads, coals for electric and other materials

Lol those mountains won't be touched anytime soon. They are a important part of the Maydh scenery.

Maydh_background.jpg

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
A lot of these villages need bridges and tunnels to get to, billions and billions of dollars to connect coastal villages to inland towns. Will it be worth it?

Bohol

VIP
A lot of these villages need bridges and tunnels to get to, billions and billions of dollars to connect coastal villages to inland towns. Will it be worth it?

Nah. Most of them existed for hundreds to a thousand of years yet never became a big city. Bridges and tunnels will be needed only when they turn into big cities.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Duke of Bohol I don't think there will be any new cities in Northern Somalia. I think the main cities will remain the ones that are above 150k as of now. Bosaso may have some problems with expansion in the future, but most of the rest of those towns will stay small and never reach those limits. The lack of plentiful water limits almost all towns on the coast in the north. Even Bosaso is starting to have water quality issues.

Bohol

VIP
@Duke of Bohol I don't think there will be any new cities in Northern Somalia. I think the main cities will remain the ones that are above 150k as of now. Bosaso may have some problems with expansion in the future, but most of the rest of those towns will stay small and never reach those limits. The lack of plentiful water limits almost all towns on the coast in the north. Even Bosaso is starting to have water quality issues.

It depends on the location to be honest. For example Maydh has highlands surrounding it and those areas get alot of rainfall annually + many springs & lakes in the vicinity.

Ceel Dibir, Maydh district
Ceel_Dibir_Ceerigaabo.jpg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It does depend on that for sure. A place like Las Qorey probably has a good amount of groundwater due to it being downstream of Cal Madow, but Qandala will always have water problems. This is why the people of Qandala now have Carmo as their largest town.

Bohol

VIP
It does depend on that for sure. A place like Las Qorey probably has a good amount of groundwater due to it being downstream of Cal Madow, but Qandala will always have water problems. This is why the people of Qandala now have Carmo as their largest town.

Indeed. I like how each Puntland sub clan built their own town from scratch. It shows productivity.

upload_2017-9-20_21-58-18.png

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
All of Somalis in the world (~20-25 Mil) could live comfortably in Mogadishu and Kismayo IF WE HAD SIMPLE PROPER MANAGEMENT. This is whats so frustrating we have been blessed by natural resources land and space but not by Human resources.
Muqdisho is not a joke, one district of muqdisho equals to a town. heck, there are districts in muqdisho with over 100,000 population. 17 districts of muqdisho = 17 towns with over 40,000 populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts