Northern Somali settlements growth potential is limited by terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Surprisingly Berbera has a lot of space. Maydh has the entire east of it to expand.

Berbera
upload_2017-9-19_14-0-2.png

Bosaso
upload_2017-9-19_13-44-40-png.30387

Maydh
upload_2017-9-19_14-3-0.png

Laasqoray
upload_2017-9-19_14-4-30.png

Qandala
upload_2017-9-19_14-5-51.png

Apollo

VIP
Somalia has extremely low population densities.

You have to drive for hours before you find the next major city. Very different from what I'm used in Europe where population density is ridiculously high.

Bohol

VIP

You have to drive for hours before you find the next major city. Very different from what I'm used in Europe where population density is ridiculously high.

That is because it is huge. The distance between Maydh and Ras Kamboni is like the distance between Toronto and Florida.

SO_area.jpg

Interesting, Laas qoray can grow parallel to the coast, I'm planning to open a business there to rapidly increase other Somalis to immigrate.We should build a port to counter Bosasos growing influence, increase in ports allow a faster rate of imports and hence economic prosperity.

Apollo

VIP
That is because it is huge. The distance between Maydh and Ras Kamboni is like the distance between Toronto and Florida.

England population density 420.5/km2
Netherlands population density 413.1/km2
North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany) pop density 520/km2

Somalia: 18/km2

Western Europe is overcrowded as f*ck, yet they keep importing refugees. Quite baffling.

Yep I was driving through Switzerland :whew:

Every 10 - 15 minutes you will pass by a city With 300k population.

Heck the 3rd biggest city is same size as muqdisho

Bohol

VIP

Western Europe is overcrowded as f*ck, yet they keep importing refugees. Quite baffling.

They can afford it since they are wealthy and always building new high rise buildings.

Bohol

VIP
Interesting, Laas qoray can grow parallel to the coast, I'm planning to open a business there to rapidly increase other Somalis to immigrate.We should build a port to counter Bosasos growing influence, increase in ports allow a faster rate of imports and hence economic prosperity.

Yh Laasqooray can grow both sides.

Apollo

VIP
They can afford it since they are wealthy and always building new high rise buildings.

Hong Kong 6,544/km2
Singapore 7,797/km2
Taiwan 650/km2
Honshu Japan 447/km2

^ Some East Asians outdo them in density.

I'd rather have max 100/km2 nation-wide. That's about the optimal number.

maybe Because Europeans have empathy ?

All of Somalis in the world (~20-25 Mil) could live comfortably in Mogadishu and Kismayo IF WE HAD SIMPLE PROPER MANAGEMENT. This is whats so frustrating we have been blessed by natural resources land and space but not by Human resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending