Nomads don't build civilizations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
First we need to distinguish between a kingdom and civilization . Kingdoms are usually a group or groups under on a "king". Kingdoms don't usually produce any thing worth a note . King's collect tax's and offer protection. Kingdoms can became a civilization I.e England ,China , Persian, , Arabs ,even ethopia. But that's only after after a few succession of king's or few hundred years . The people natural want to spread Their culture .

Civilization usually produce, works of philosophies, art , architecture, religion and so on. And very importantly civilization can make a kingdom , but a kingdom can not make a civilization, they build to it but not make it .

We got the short end of the stick. we weren't warrior people , look down on the metal worker the most important man in the village. Nomads hate to do manual labor , even farming the most essential work in the country you couldn't get them to do it , the book calls them stiff-necked , hard hearted , stubborn, and rebellious. .

We deserve our current plight.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Where does this self hatred come from

You do know that not everyone was a nomad.
We did have the all you need to become a kingdom, sultanate and empires. From sea faring people to nomads every single part of our society has a great history. For starters it was the nomads that mostly expanded their territories that is the reason the 5 somali regions are so big compared to the somali population. The coastal empires and sultanates defeated the portugees, romans etc with some help from the ottomans. The fight against the brittish and italians our ancastors where great fighters. Do not blame them all for our misfortunes now. Just sit back and see the republic grow again in the decades to come.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Where does this self hatred come from

You do know that not everyone was a nomad.
We did have the all you need to become a kingdom, sultanate and empires. From sea faring people to nomads every single part of our society has a great history. For starters it was the nomads that mostly expanded their territories that is the reason the 5 somali regions are so big compared to the somali population. The coastal empires and sultanates defeated the portugees, romans etc with some help from the ottomans. The fight against the brittish and italians our ancastors where great fighters. Do not blame them all for our misfortunes now. Just sit back and see the republic grow again in the decades to come.
What's funny is we are not the only nomads most of the afro asiatic people's are, arabs where nomads berbers and also horn of Africans

Yet they all built civilizations and we're all quite advanced

World

VIP
The reason why Somalis are nomads is because we live in a damn desert.

Central-Northern Somalia cannot support large dense populations that are farmers. Comparing places that don’t even receive 300mm of rainfall a year to England, China, Ethiopia is ridiculous.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Ah shit, here we go again. I'm really getting sick to death about this debate, of wether the Ancient Egyptians were black, white, yellow, blue or beige.
And im even more sick, of anyone and everyone claiming it. From pale Northern Italians to blick AAs and Afro-Caribbeans to langaab smelly Copts and Armenians to savage sandnigger Arabs and Berbers, and now confused skinny Geljires.

Alhamdulillah, my ancestors were humble fishermen off the North Bari coast, from my father's side, and humble nomads wandering the Southwestern Frontiers of Somaliweyn, from my mother's side.

This is me, who I am, and I'm pleased with this. I don't have any hurt and bitterness, that they were this, and not part of a glorious Ancient Empire. A Civilization mind you, that i, as a Muslim, should be vehemently against and dislike, due to the many crimes it had committed. In the forms of persecuting and enslaving the Children of Isreal (When they were pious believers). As well as mistreating, going against, not believing, not accept, harming, jailing, and many other crimes, against three Prophets of Allah SWT: Musa AS and his brother Harun AS and Yusuf AS.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Ah shit, here we go again. I'm really getting sick to death about this debate, of wether the Ancient Egyptians were black, white, yellow, blue or beige.
And im even more sick, of anyone and everyone claiming it. From pale Northern Italians to blick AAs and Afro-Caribbeans to langaab smelly Copts and Armenians to savage sandnigger Arabs and Berbers, and now confused skinny Geljires.
if we're being completely honest copts are the only people alive today that can claim the ancient egyptians as they're literally the direct descendants of them, everyone else needs to leave the ancient egyptians alone

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
if we're being completely honest copts are the only people alive today that can claim the ancient egyptians as they're literally the direct descendants of them, everyone else needs to leave the ancient egyptians alone

No matey, copts are not the Egyptians that built the Pyramids and the Sphinx. They are in fact descended from Ancient Greeks, who settled in Egypt when Alexander The Great conquered Egypt from the Persians.

After the death of Alexander, a fellow Macedonian of his, a general named Ptolemy I Soter, took control of Egypt, took on Egyptian titles and customs, converted himself and Greek settlers to Egyptian religion, and dumped Greek for the native language, thus starting the Ptolemy Dynasty.

This whole thing of 'Copts being the Ancient Egyptians', is nothing more than an anti-Islam narrative, which seeks to make out the Copts being the indigenous people of Egypt, thus they should rule the country, and not the Muslims. What they love to leave out is, that the bulk of Egyptian Muslims, were too Copts, who gradually converted to Islam over the last 1400 years Islam has been around. Heck when Napoleon took Egypt in the late 1700s, the Muslims were around 70% of the populations, while Copts were 30%. Today it's at 90% Muslims, 10% Coptic.

I swear, a simple history lesson can easily dispel any historical lies people come up with.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
What's funny is we are not the only nomads most of the afro asiatic people's are, arabs where nomads berbers and also horn of Africans

Yet they all built civilizations and we're all quite advanced

We did have civilizations just not as grandios as others, islam teached our forefathers piousness. For example the ethiopians are glorified because of their christianic believes. But if you look at the reality the somali city states competed with the abisinians one on one. And military wise where pretty much stronger unified. You do not need fancy buildings and other nations to acknowldge you for you to believe in your peoples past. We all know by now that many great tales have become fiction and that history is a political game. Stop doubting nomadic people as they where a great step for humanity in regards of evolving to a better society.

How many self hating people are on here?
And why do they insist on posting lies in the holy month of ramadan. Ilahi ka cabso

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
No matey, copts are not the Egyptians that built the Pyramids and the Sphinx. They are in fact descended from Ancient Greeks, who settled in Egypt when Alexander The Great conquered Egypt from the Persians.

After the death of Alexander, a fellow Macedonian of his, a general named Ptolemy I Soter, took control of Egypt, took on Egyptian titles and customs, converted himself and Greek settlers to Egyptian religion, and dumped Greek for the native language, thus starting the Ptolemy Dynasty.

This whole thing of 'Copts being the Ancient Egyptians', is nothing more than an anti-Islam narrative, which seeks to make out the Copts being the indigenous people of Egypt, thus they should rule the country, and not the Muslims. What they love to leave out is, that the bulk of Egyptian Muslims, were too Copts, who gradually converted to Islam over the last 1400 years Islam has been around. Heck when Napoleon took Egypt in the late 1700s, the Muslims were around 70% of the populations, while Copts were 30%. Today it's at 90% Muslims, 10% Coptic.

I swear, a simple history lesson can easily dispel any historical lies people come up with.
:russ::russ::russ:

Apollo

VIP

It has nothing to do with Islam or Islamophobia why people say this.

The reason why this idea became popular, especially in the past few years after the publication of this study: Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods.

Is that Egyptian Muslims carry much more Sub-Saharan African genetics than the Ancient Egyptians did. This can be explained by the Trans-Saharan slave trade.

Meanwhile Copts did not absorb SSA slaves due to religious/cultural restrictions. They remained genetically identical to Egyptians of around Roman times (over 2,000 years).

Copts don't have any Greek ancestry, they may have Hyksos Semitic, but most definitely not Greek.

The reason why this idea became popular, especially in the past few years after the publication of this study: Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods.

Is that Egyptian Muslims carry much more Sub-Saharan African genetics than the Ancient Egyptians did. This can be explained by the Trans-Saharan slave trade.

Meanwhile Copts did not absorb SSA slaves due to religious/cultural restrictions. They remained genetically identical to Egyptians of around Roman times (over 2,000 years).

Copts don't have any Greek ancestry, they may have Hyksos Semitic, but most definitely not Greek.
What % SSA do modern regular Egyptians have

A lot of Somali history is actually unknown.

The period between 150AD and 1300AD is virtually unknown.

Sade Mire said that most of the town ruins that she found in Somaliland were in between Sheikh-Burao And Hargeysa with the area around Borama also having lots of ruins.

If Somalia sees stability then perhaps we may be able to find clues about our history but as of right now we barely know nothing.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
We did have civilizations just not as grandios as others, islam teached our forefathers piousness. For example the ethiopians are glorified because of their christianic believes. But if you look at the reality the somali city states competed with the abisinians one on one. And military wise where pretty much stronger unified. You do not need fancy buildings and other nations to acknowldge you for you to believe in your peoples past. We all know by now that many great tales have become fiction and that history is a political game. Stop doubting nomadic people as they where a great step for humanity in regards of evolving to a better society.

How many self hating people are on here?
And why do they insist on posting lies in the holy month of ramadan. Ilahi ka cabso
You are babbling nonsense I couldn't get any of it

I think I know you're problem because I was their you keep contemplating Somali history or Somali people as it's own distinct group with no influences and connections this is false

Somalis are not a group of their own and they belong to the cushitic people's of North East Africa including the Ethio semitic speaking cushites

That where the somalis started of as a people from among those people

I hope this makes things clear for you

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Ofcourse i know that i am a bit of a history geek myself. However if you study the history of our people and use both good and bad perspectives you must know that we come from a hostpitabel people. However they liked their form of isolation and where neighbours with pagan/christian shortly non muslims. Yes they interacted with others (first african in china) but they also waged war on their neighbors through out history. The somali society is based on somali qabiil you are not from the major/powerfull ones you will be threated as such. If you think that because somalis belong to the cushetic family their histories are intertwined as if it was a kumbaya family? If that is the case you are not ready to openly debate on the matter.

civilizations are mostly born along large rivers with dense populations ,,desert areas neither have enough water to sustain millions of people nor the cultivation needed for a stable communities that can develop a civilization.

somali ancient civilization thou.

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Ofcourse i know that i am a bit of a history geek myself. However if you study the history of our people and use both good and bad perspectives you must know that we come from a hostpitabel people. However they liked their form of isolation and where neighbours with pagan/christian shortly non muslims. Yes they interacted with others (first african in china) but they also waged war on their neighbors through out history. The somali society is based on somali qabiil you are not from the major/powerfull ones you will be threated as such. If you think that because somalis belong to the cushetic family their histories are intertwined as if it was a kumbaya family? If that is the case you are not ready to openly debate on the matter.
Of course it's not kumbaya, I never suggested this their, have all ways been conflicts in the past its called history

have you ever checked the history of Europe they have been killing each other genocide massacres etc for centuries what about France and England who hated each other 100 years wars battle of Hastings napoleonic wars etc
Yet they aided France in the second and first world wars against Germany

Now they are United as part of the eu and all call each other brothers and are United

What makes you think that can't happen for us and our cushite relatives

Last edited:

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Of course it's not kumbaya, I never suggested this their, have all ways been conflicts in the past its called history

have you ever checked the history of Europe they have been killing each other genocide massacres etc for centuries what about France and England who hated each other 100 years wars battle of Hastings napoleonic wars etc
Yet they aided France in the second and first world wars against Germany

Now they are United as part of the eu and all call each other brothers and are United

What makes you think that can't happen for us and our cushite relatives

It would be great if we could form a united cushetic/ region union (not merging Nations). But the main issue is religion. If the day comes that we create an economic pact one can only hope.

No DNA tests were done pre- New Kingdom/Ptolemaic dynasty . So until this very day there is NO actual representative Ancient Egyptian sample.

Referring to Ptolemaic dynasty to New Kingdom as representative of the Ancient Egyptian sample is fraudulent. Even those who carried out the tests made a clear disclaimer saying that those tests are NOT representative.

So why do you keep pushing this narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts