Noah's Ark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the flood did happen therefore it would be mentioned by non-abrahamic traditioned people who lived in the same area (the middle east) right? AKA Sumerians? I was saying that the Sumerian accounts (which are older) attribute the hero of the flood to their king Gilgamesh who lived in 2500BC (approximately). Even if the flood did happen it's unlikely it has anything to do with Noah. In the same way the Sumerians attributed the events to their king, Abrahamic religions such as Judaism (which is the oldest) could have attributed it to Noah - if there was a flood that is, and it's not just a story.
It's king Ziusudra that they attribute to saving humans from the gods wrath I still honestly don't understand what you're getting at the event most likely happened due to numerous stories about it also Islam doesn't say when the flood exactly happened lastly king
Ziusudra isn't real

Kratos

Sonder
It's king Ziusudra that they attribute to saving humans from the gods wrath I still honestly don't understand what you're getting at the event most likely happened due to numerous stories about it also Islam doesn't say when the flood exactly happened lastly king
Ziusudra isn't real

Sorry I got it mixed up, the story was about Gilgamesh searching for the survivor of the great flood. From the very beginning I was insinuating that the flood most likely didn't happen and there could be a good chance that the story of Noah originated from there. There are many similarities between Abrahamic religions and ancient Near Eastern traditions which suggest the possibility of the former being inspired by the latter.

Sorry I got it mixed up, the story was about Gilgamesh searching for the survivor of the great flood. From the very beginning I was insinuating that the flood most likely didn't happen and there could be a good chance that the story of Noah originated from there. There are many similarities between Abrahamic religions and ancient Near Eastern traditions which suggest the possibility of the former being inspired by the latter.
there is evidence the Euphrates and the Tigris ha a huge flood in their past I do not see why it is not possible it happened

VixR

Veritas
That's because the flood did happen so of course it's story will not only be in abrahmic religions
Yes, a flood did happen. Many floods happened. All the world over. As they’ve always done and as they do to this day.

And what does a flood do? It washes the land out. Kills the crops. So men told themselves the story that this god(s) or that brought them these floods, because of the wickedness of men (the root and reason for every catastrophe or pestilence, just name it), and they consoled themselves that it was washing away their sins and evils.

Yes, a flood did happen. Many floods happened. All the world over. As they’ve always done and as they do to this day.

And what does a flood do? It washes the land out. Kills the crops. So men told themselves the story that this god(s) or that brought them these floods, because of the wickedness of men (the root and reason for every catastrophe or pestilence, just name it), and they consoled themselves that it was washing away their sins and evils.
If you wanna interpret it that way then go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts