No somali should ever call themselves “black”

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mjpls:Weren't you the one that said Habeshas were the closest people to Somalis and they refer to themselves as black so why can't you?

:mjohreally:This was elementary.

Just because two countries decided to refer to their land as the land of Blacks, does not mean me or other Somalis should refer to ourselves as black.

:mjpls:Weren't you the one that said Habeshas were the closest people to Somalis and they refer to themselves as black so why can't you?

:mjohreally:This was elementary.
What type of logic is that? It doesn't matter whether or not they're closest to me. Just because they refer to themselves as black (even though nobody in Ethiopia calls themselves black), does not mean I should refer to myself as black.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Nigga you joined yesterday and your first post is about race :gucciwhat:

Why are y’all somalians obsessed with race and color :birdman:

Ps: Somalians are black

Let the bashing commence...
images

Jennifer, tell your sister Xalima that you consider yourself a black woman :ufdup:and don't lie.

What type of logic is that? It doesn't matter whether or not they're closest to me. Just because they refer to themselves as black (even though nobody in Ethiopia calls themselves black), does not mean I should refer to myself as black.

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
Most African Americans have no idea what they originally where it's embarrassing and sad that's why they adopted the title black so easily I mean sure there was a few educated ones who realised that they aren't black but different tones of brown but it became a mainstream thing and then it became appropriate for whites to use it in media and irl

If you can't call arabs black then you can't call somali's who where around before the arabs there is evidence the cushites migrated north into arabia and the current arabs are of ancient cushistic stock lots of in-breeding with the Mesopotamians and other races that's probably why they look like that, look up different migrations. however if Knowles sees black as ''African'' in a sense you could call arabs black aswell even though they are distinct and from the arab peninsula or middle-east I'm not sure about the right terminology but you understand what I mean arabs being in a way descended partially from cushistic settlers in Knowles opinion makes them black

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
that's whats so contradicting about this whole argument somali culture makes it very clear we aren't black however we are African but very isolated from the rest of the continent in a way

Ethiopians have even less sub Saharan admixture than Somalis. It kinda seems silly to draw a biological distinction which is what race is, when people that are even more distant to the people that you deem are 'black' than you are, identify as black.

You won't admit it but that's what it boils down to.

You want to secretly be known as arab!!

In reality if you called me a slave.You'd be sucking food through a straw for the rest of your days.

Tread lightly .

giphy.gif
Learn how to speak to your betters or else I'll have you on a boat to jeddah by thursday.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
R.I.P this Somali generation who actually consider themselves a madow or black. Imagine the older Somali generation calling themselves madow. What a shame.

Learn how to speak to your betters or else I'll have you on a boat to jeddah by thursday.

Ramadan nears
so i'll spare you today .

Instead... I'll leave you with this.

SOMALIA
fa_mogadishu2_f.jpg

We wuz Caucasians & ish.

Mogadishu%20bombing.jpg

SUDAN
Khartoum.jpg

timthumb.php

24sudan_market2.jpg

No hate towards somalia or its people.Just thought id show the donkey a bit of reality.

As you were .:sass2:

Ramadan nears
so i'll spare you today .

Instead... I'll leave you with this.

SOMALIA
fa_mogadishu2_f.jpg

We wuz Caucasians & ish.

Mogadishu%20bombing.jpg

SUDAN
Khartoum.jpg

timthumb.php

24sudan_market2.jpg

No hate towards somalia or its people.Just thought id show the donkey a bit of reality.

As you were .:sass2:
You're loyal to a country that treats you like slaves. How many darfurians have janjaweed killed this year?

You're loyal to a country that treats you like slaves. How many darfurians have janjaweed killed this year?

Name a nation that hasn't had some form of conflict or civil war?

Darfur crisis was at it's peak mid 2000's.The war was much more complex than what western media portrayed with it's typical black/white narrative.

War is messy it always will be.No different to today's Somalia,
even worse because you guy's are homogeneous.

By your logic you should hate Somalia.

Name a nation that hasn't had some form of conflict or civil war?

Darfur crisis was at it's peak mid 2000's.The war was much more complex than what western media portrayed with it's typical black/white narrative.

War is messy it always will be.No different to today's Somalia,
even worse because you guy's are homogeneous.

By your logic you should hate Somalia.
You are still discriminated against I know that for a fact. If you were to propose to an arab sudanese girl you would be laughed at while if they saw my silky curls they would offer me their daughter cheap mehr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts