No reconciliation until there's a consensus on our history

There has to be a Truth and Reconciliation Commission that, amongst other things, establishes the indisputable truth of all the evil that happened in the Somali Republic after 1969

There has to be a Truth and Reconciliation Commission that, amongst other things, establishes the indisputable truth of all the evil that happened in the Somali Republic after 1969
This will never happen and you know it too. In the end lamagodleys only know how to never take responsibility for their actions, it's always "the other qabil destroyed the nation not us". It will need at least a hundred years until lamagodle geeljire will reach the development of the Neolithic revolution and be able to live in a functioning society

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Who destroyed Mogadishu is a question of fact not opinion. When MSB left the city in Jan 1991, it was intact except for some shelling damage in the outskirts. The USC gained control of the city and began to loot everything owned by non-Hawiye. After this was done, the USC divided into two and began to shell each other with the artillery found in the government’s armories.

This shelling and inter-USC fighting over who would form the post MSB government is what actually destroyed the city. Most Hawiye are ashamed of the USC’s failure to govern, and so shift the blame onto MSB.

To see the magnitude of this failure, compare the TPLF’s takeover of Addis in May 1991 to the USC’s takeover in Jan 1991.

Muqdisho suffered more destruction during the Ethiopian invasion than the 4month war. The aerial bombardment and the shelling of the city by the ENDF destroyed about half of the city's infrastructure.

The fact no one can deny is that Xamar was destroyed like no other during Al-Shabaab vs TFG(Shariif)&AMISOM(Uganda) the street to street and house to house battles against Shabaab was devastating. Most of the turmoil Xamar suffered was during the years 2006-2011 those 5 years were by a far margin Xamar's darkest period.

Muqdisho suffered more destruction during the Ethiopian invasion than the 4month war. The aerial bombardment and the shelling of the city by the ENDF destroyed about half of the city's infrastructure.

The fact no one can deny is that Xamar was destroyed like no other during Al-Shabaab vs TFG(Shariif)&AMISOM(Uganda) the street to street and house to house battles against Shabaab was devastating. Most of the turmoil Xamar suffered was during the years 2006-2011 those 5 years were by a far margin Xamar's darkest period.
Pathological lies.

Pathological lies.
Truth is often like a hurricane. Resistance is futile.
Key West Storm GIF

You are doing exactly what TGS said :dead:

If you go on youtube you can find videos of the destruction in the 90s. There's even a video of a mob waiting for the UN peacekeepers to leave before they loot the complex.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

There is so much video and photographic evidence of Mogadishu pre-2007 that shows how destroyed it was.

Why do people say things when it can be so easily disproved.

:dead:

There is so much video and photographic evidence of Mogadishu pre-2007 that shows how destroyed it was.

Why do people say things when it can be so easily disproved.

:dead:
Are you arguing more people died and less property was destroyed in 1991 than a war involving more than 50 000 troops expanding over 5 years? You do realise how ridiculous you sound when you make arguments that can be easily disproven. 4 months of war involving rag tag militias destroyed more than a war lasting 5 years involving professional armies and airforces from Uganda and Ethiopia. Why Somalis are so anti-intellectual?

It is quite hilarious when people pretend to be experts. My argument is based on statements from the locals who lived in Xamar from 1991 to 2022 never left and have seen it all. Not some bogus online pictures showing the streets that were damaged the most. 2006 to 2011 was five years str8 of daily conflict, suicide bombings, deaths and destruction.

Ffs even the less qabiilist and intellectual folk among us are blinded by clan loyalties to the extent they straight out lie.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Are you arguing more people died and less property was destroyed in 1991 than a war involving more than 50 000 troops expanding over 5 years? You do realise how ridiculous you sound when you make arguments that can be easily disproven. 4 months of war involving rag tag militias destroyed more than a war lasting 5 years involving professional armies and airforces from Uganda and Ethiopia. Why Somalis are so anti-intellectual?

It is quite hilarious when people pretend to be experts. My argument is based on statements from the locals who lived in Xamar from 1991 to 2022 never left and have seen it all. Not some bogus online pictures showing the streets that were damaged the most. 2006 to 2011 was five years str8 of daily conflict, suicide bombings, deaths and destruction.

Ffs even the less qabiilist and intellectual folk among us are blinded by clan loyalties to the extent they straight out lie.
Take your medicine, dude.

It’s people being disingenuous for obvious reasons. Everyone knows that the reason the city was in shambles was because of the fight against Barre

It’s people being disingenuous for obvious reasons. Everyone knows that the reason the city was in shambles was because of the fight against Barre

Not really, all Hawiye including Madowwayne & RX ganged up on Abgaal, it was pretty much Abgaal vs everyone.

Most of the government buildings were actually left intact by the Kacaan, even SNM were present at the time of negotiating a new government, but they left once USC decided to embark on their holy chimpout.

Not really, all Hawiye including Madowwayne & RX ganged up on Abgaal, it was pretty much Abgaal vs everyone.

Most of the government buildings were actually left intact by the Kacaan, even SNM were present at the time of negotiating a new government, but they left once USC decided to embark on their holy chimpout.
i remeber my uncle telling me how when abgaal militamen saw madoweyne on the frontlines for caydiid, they got pissed off to say the least. They used our own jowhar brethrens against us :damn:

Take your medicine, dude.

Thanks for the video from Keydmedia it's actually quite a good evidence to my argument, in 1992 the city was still quite intact and somehow resembled the Xamar of pre 1991. After the Ethiopian invasion it literally looks like a wasteland.

Do posters on this site suffer from some sort of dyslexia? I never said the city didn't face any destruction when MSB shelled it when he fled the rebel groups or during the four months that Cali Mahdi and Caydiid fought over Somali presidency. I simply stated that Xamar's darkest period and most of its destruction was the years 2006 to 2011 these are facts that no one with an intellectual background would dare to argue against.

Ironically I will be using the video @repo posted as evidence to my argument from now on.

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Thanks for the video from Keydmedia it's actually quite a good evidence to my argument, in 1993 the city was still quite intact and somehow resembled the Xamar of pre 1991. After the Ethiopian invasion it literally looks like a wasteland.

Do posters on this site suffer from some sort of dyslexia? I never said the city didn't face any destruction when MSB shelled it when he fled the rebel groups or during the four months that Cali Mahdi and Caydiid fought over Somali presidency. I simply stated that Xamar's darkest period and most of its destruction was the years 2006 to 2011 these are facts that no one with an intellectual background would dare to argue against.

Ironically I will be using the video @repoposted as evidence to my argument from now on.
Completely delusional. I guess your bullshit stems from shame.

can't believe it idris elba GIF

i remeber my uncle telling me how when abgaal militamen saw madoweyne on the frontlines for caydiid, they got pissed off to say the least. They used our own jowhar brethrens against us :damn:

Wallahi respect to Mudolood, y'all fought them all to a stalemate :trumpsmirk:

Which is why I'll never believe any Somali blaming Barre for what transpired after he was ousted, just say you all fought for land & power, Somalis are such liars and have to over exaggerate everything, we're shameless about it.

Wallahi respect to Mudolood, y'all fought them all to a stalemate :trumpsmirk:

Which is why I'll never believe any Somali blaming Barre for what transpired after he was ousted, just say you all fought for land & power, Somalis are such liars and have to over exaggerate everything, we're shameless about it.
Harsh truth that might get me some hate but most abgaals died in the hands of other hawiye than daroods if we are truly being honest. As i always say no such thing as tribes just clans. Its all the past though