No minimum age limit at which marriage can take place in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
@waraabe The marriage took place when she was 6 bro and it was consummated at 9 regardless narrations say she was still playing with her dolls with at the time.

image.png

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Even the Messengers biggest enemies and critics at his time did not attack the concept of marriage in Islam. They all knew he was a truthful honest man, the only thing they could do was try to lie about the Qur'an and claim it was sorcery. They were challenged many times in the Holy Book to try come up with a scripture just as divine and powerful but they couldn't. Bear in mind this was 7th century Arabia where the classic literature was well understood and highly valued.

In some countries the legal age of consent is 18, meaning that is the age when some governments decide a person is mature enough to be in a sexual relationship. 1400 years ago, there were 18 year olds leading nationwide armies in some of the biggest battles in World History. Go and learn about Osama bin Zayd. They were Men, not boys.

Bob Marley

retired
What in the world is the difference btwn a 14 yo girl a 14 yo boy? Why is one ok and the other not?

You do realize that most places including the country that I live in allow for under 18 marriage with parental consent?

And yes I would allow or consider my teenager To get married, as long as they finished high school (you can graduate early) and had adequate maturity level.

Many teenagers have sex well before 18, how is it any different? Please explain your reasoning? Is it the financial responsibility? Because whether you're are married or not you still have the same risks of getting pregnant with sex. See your famous tv show 16 and pregnant.

I really don't see your logic? Smh

Under 18 sex is sex whether married or unmarried.
:wtfguccimane: did anyone ever say there was a difference, because I didn't and I sure as hell don't think it's okay for neither a young boy or girl.

What's the difference between kids messing around & having sex at a young age (majority of the time with someone their own age) vs a kid being in a married/sexual relationship with an adult, you ask?? It should be obvious

Well anyway, if you'd let your young daughter marry older men then that's none of my business :kobeok:

Can you bring the evidence were abu Bakr was suprised by muhamads's saw proposal.

You do know that we are talking about 6th century not 21st century. What I'm trying to say to you is marriage at young age was permissible in prophet saw time same way as the Ancient Rome time. Girls matured and took responsibilities in early age.

We are not sure whether the prophet married Aisha at the age of 9 since the hadith is not sahih and it is more likely that he did not married her at that age. There is also another hadith that states prophet muhammed may pbuh infact married Aisha when she was a teenager.

"The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."
Bukhari 7:62:18

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Ultimately the Prophet and his companions were just men of their times. They were just a product of their environment and culture so they acted the way people did in the 6th century I. e. marrying young girls. No different to the Romans or any other culture at the time.

The difference is nobody today is trying to live like the Romans did but Muslims do try and live like the Sahaba and prophet.

Muslims here are correct in this saying that those were 6th century values but that contradicts the notion that Islam is for all times.

Religious values (Christianity too) are incompatible with 21st century values.

PS: That doesn't mean everything the West do is 100% right but at least they're open to evolving culturally and socially, whereas Muslims still try and justify crappy shit that was done in the 6th century.

Ultimately the Prophet and his companions were just men of their times. They were just a product of their environment and culture so they acted the way people did in the 6th century I. e. marrying young girls. No different to the Romans or any other culture at the time.

The difference is nobody today is trying to live like the Romans did but Muslims do try and live like the Sahaba and prophet.

Muslims here are correct in this saying that those were 6th century values but that contradicts the notion that Islam is for all times.

Religious values (Christianity too) are incompatible with 21st century values.

PS: That doesn't mean everything the West do is 100% right but at least they're open to evolving culturally and socially, whereas Muslims still try and justify crappy shit that was done in the 6th century.

Sniff sniff* you've summed it up perfectly. But seriously what's with this bull about women physically growing faster back in those days.:siilaanyolaugh:

Never trust the Internet.

And You came out?? What was their reaction?

They kept asking if I was gay for months. Cause the only reason someone would leave Islam is if they were gay, apparently. They'd make little remarks every once in a while to try to trick me into saying arabic Islamic phrases and stuff like that. For example, when I sneezed, they'd be like, "Say alhamdulilah" then stared at me.

Prototype

Heads high
They kept asking if I was gay for months. Cause the only reason someone would leave Islam is if they were gay, apparently. They'd make little remarks every once in a while to try to trick me into saying arabic Islamic phrases and stuff like that. For example, when I sneezed, they'd be like, "Say alhamdulilah" then stared at me.

What is your Qabil??

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
I'm guessing Qabil mean clan? I don't know much somali tbh.

My dad is Dhulbahante and my mom is Hawiye.
what is the subclans of your parents:jgjrrmx::jgjrrmx:
you know dhulbahante -->___,___ . hawiye---> ___, ___ etc you know how it goes :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts