No end to sanctions. Time to manufacture our own arms

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Doesn't need a genius to figure out that SNA can't control all of Somalia without having a dominant military advantage over AS and rebel groups.

The UN won't remove the arms embargo until there's security in Somalia and we can't secure Somalia without sufficiently arming SNA.

So do we just roll over and hope that they'll take pity on us and remove it in 2030?

The arms embargo prevents the importation of weapons and dual use materials but doesn't say anything about using domestic materials to manufacture our own weapons.

Not talking about small arms that would end up in civilian hands but large artillery and tanks.

Can't we build shit that the West were manufacturing over a century ago?

Even more modern weapons systems aren't that hard to replicate.

If FGS doesn't do it then Puntland or even Somaliland should do it and make this sanction moot.

Only then will the West change their minds and quickly arm their puppets in Xamar.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
800px-USArmy_M114_howitzer.jpg

Here's a towed howitzer from the 40s

Just a bit more complex than a technical.

Tow with land cruiser and dominate anything within 10 miles.

A dozen of these and no bush militia would want to come anywhere near your bases.

A dozen bases protected by these would be able to enclose the south within a couple months.

AS would be starved out of resources since there will be a permanent base in every corner of the south instead of the current temporary moving convoys.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
To early for this, gotta for now secure debt relief, and proper loans for infrastructure in all regions.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
To early for this, gotta for now secure debt relief, and proper loans for infrastructure in all regions.

We've been saying that for 20 years sxb.

We can't build shit when the government can't even travel 10 km outside Xamar without a battalion to protect their ass.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The pakis do it in pakistan they make their own weapons in some caves

That's an example of what we should avoid.

Most those small arms end up in the Taliban's hands and in our case that would be AS or clan militias.

Let's build cheap crappy tanks instead that could roll over technicals like ants.

The Germans built those in ww1 so why can't we build them now?

They r not removing the arms embargo to protect ur insignificant skinny ass. Last thing da world needs is skinny Bush n1ggers to maim eachother for qabiil 4.5 country in 2020. & they dont believe what ur skinny fragile mind likes to tell them, "we're 1 nayshan, 1 beeble"

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
They r not removing the arms embargo to protect ur insignificant skinny ass. Last thing da world needs is skinny Bush n1ggers to maim eachother for qabiil 4.5 country in 2020. & they dont believe what ur skinny fragile mind likes to tell them, "we're 1 nayshan, 1 beeble"

All nation states are built on the graves of countless of people.

Europe, America, China etc all had decisive civil wars to establish a single ruling faction that defined the nation states.

Somalia never had it's chance to define itself.

We tried with the darawish but Brittain and Italy armed traitors within.

We finally had the chance in the 90s but America swooped in and enforced the current stalemate we're in.

Only a final all out war would bring lasting peace to Somalia.

Like the Scots say: tutum te robore reddam

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
qAbIl is just a tool we use in a time of scarcity.

All civilizations have outgrown it.

Once you have a secure livelihood would you risk it all just to chimp out just because your clan told you too?

Clans would lose their holds over people once there's a more stable national identity.

We can't create that identity without consolidating power over all of Somalia first and creating a safe zone for economic development.

You walk by putting one foot in front of the other.

You somehow are expecting us to just transport to a time when qAbIls have somehow agreed to peacefully co-govern Somalia.

That's as likely as the West removing the arms embargo anytime soon.

All nation states are built on the graves of countless of people.

Europe, America, China etc all had decisive civil wars to establish a single ruling faction that defined the nation states.

Somalia never had it's chance to define itself.

We tried with the darawish but Brittain and Italy armed traitors within.

We finally had the chance in the 90s but America swooped in and enforced the current stalemate we're in.

Like the Scots say: tutum te robore reddam

This isn't 1800 or 1900s. All that happened b4 globalism and mass media. & dervish were armed by the Italians and were not trying to make a nation. Best chance was 1960

Bruv:drakewtf:...I can give u 68 reasons why this post is retarded..nvm:jaynerd:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
This isn't 1800 or 1900s. All that happened b4 globalism and mass media. & dervish were armed by the Italians and were not trying to make a nation. Best chance was 1960

Bruv:drakewtf:...I can give u 68 reasons why this post is retarded..nvm:jaynerd:

Best chance was in 60s but the politicians then were just as incompetent as the ones today.

How many PM did we have from independence to 1969?

It was all ramping up to a civil war if Siad Barre didn't appear.

He could've been the solution but unfortunately he also wasn't strong enough to rule all of Somalia singlehandly.

Best chance was in 60s but the politicians then were just as incompetent as the ones today.

How many PM did we have from independence to 1969?

It was all ramping up to a civil war if Siad Barre didn't appear.

He could've been the solution but unfortunately he also wasn't strong enough to rule all of Somalia singlehandly.
Doing the same thing for decades and expecting a different result is beyond 68.

Somali Republic 1960-1991 and Somalia 1991-2020 has been only presidents from 2 qabiils, the darud/hawiye luv affair with all other Somalians watching in shock. 68IQ is reflection of those 2 clans leadership :chrisfreshhah:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I'd rather for Somalis to manufacture our own industries and less on weapons.

I'm not saying we should rely on the weapons industry to run our economy...

Just that we won't have any industries without one.

The embargo won't go away and in the meantime our people are starving while we wait for Xamar to take control of the country through "dialogue"...

Inshallah another 20 years and it'll work right?

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I'm not saying we should rely on the weapons industry to run our economy...

Just that we won't have any industries without one.

The embargo won't go away and in the meantime our people are starving while we wait for Xamar to take control of the country through "dialogue"...

Inshallah another 20 years and it'll work right?

Somalis should fund their own freedom instead of looking for Xamar to save them.

Tell your respective regions to act human, instead of waiting for Farmaajo to save you. But I agree with you, but I wish Somalia had less weapons so less people would die.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Somalis should fund their own freedom instead of looking for Xamar to save them.

Tell your respective regions to act human, instead of waiting for Farmaajo to save you. But I agree with you, but I wish Somalia had less weapons so less people would die.

That's why we should focus on large arms like artillery designed against vehicles and bases instead of an urban setting.

Small arms (assault rifles) do the most damage to civilians and they wouldn't give us an advantage over AS.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
That's why we should focus on large arms like artillery designed against vehicles and bases instead of an urban setting.

Small arms (assault rifles) do the most damage to civilians and they wouldn't give us an advantage over AS.

I'd would just bribe people to act normal, then do a hostile take over and force the normality, you don't have to use guns to get what you want.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I'd would just bribe people to act normal, then do a hostile take over and force the normality, you don't have to use guns to get what you want.

That's like trying to fight entropy.

If you can do that in Somalia's chaotic politics then you deserve both a Nobel Peace prize and physics prize lol.

Unfortunately there's nothing to take over.

Each faction is a mishmash of different interests and new opportunist pop up every 2 days.

Only solution is flooding Somalia with jobs and the only way you can do that is by physically controlling the land.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
That's like trying to fight entropy.

If you can do that in Somalia's chaotic politics then you deserve both a Nobel Peace prize and physics prize lol.

Unfortunately there's nothing to take over.

Each faction is a mishmash of different interests and new opportunist pop up every 2 days.

Only solution is flooding Somalia with jobs and the only way you can do that is by physically controlling the land.

Somalia operates by "Hunguuri" you can literally bribe people to act normal, then you can force the caadi/normal agenda by teaching their kids how to act normal, and forcing the police to enforce the normality rules. But you have to sneak it in.

The only problem is somalis just bribe others to act crazy and commit crimes, Im just flipping our current system and using it to make Somalia better. That's Farmaajos tactic lol, I see what he's doing on the low.

You can bring Jobs to Somalia quite easily, all you gotta do is give jobs to the individuals who would otherwise be tools for criminal gangs/ al shabaab. But... Who am I but a normal person.

But I do think certain regions are better/civilized then others, its up to the diaspora to make their respective regions a normal fucking place.

Trending