Nilotic the thread

You just said the Dinka tribe isn’t that influential, you know you guys produced a a lot of basketball players right. If South Sudan was in good position it would be a basketball hub.

I thought you meant cultural influence as in music and dance.

We could definitely compete on the international stage in basketball if we improve nutrition, training and provide adequate facilities to our players.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We're so far removed from being a master race that it's depressing ; I want us to become more Western in terms of our philosophies, psychology and managerial practices; we should retain our languages, food, music, clothing and dances but everything else must change.

I think we should change our cultures at the grass-roots level; it should start in our households with the morals and ethics we believe in; the books we read; the philosophies we embody and espouse; and the training we provide to our youth.

If I had it my way, every child would be enrolled in a boarding school.

The boarding schools must be well structured, well funded academies in which only thoroughly vetted and highly qualified professionals can teach - just like Finland.

We should embark on a program of full spectrum education instead of just academic education; we should teach principles, ethics & morals, emotional intelligence, inference, critical thinking, problem solving, cooperation, leadership and creativity.

I want my people to adopt the teachings of Marcus Aurelius, John Locke, Jean Rousseau, Voltaire, David Hume and have them taught in school -- starting in primary school.

We need to foster strength, patriotism, civic duty, responsibility and accountability. Courses on parenting should be mandatory and people should be taught how to form and maintain Marital relationships.
you’re right, almost all african ethnicities need a cultural and societal reform.

We need future generations to be enlightened, educated, cooperative and rational. We need less greed, ignorance and unnecessary pride.

Unfortunately colonialism has bred a certain mindset among africans and their leaders that will forever prevent them from
prospering. We just need one african country to take the first steps to cause societal change and other countries would follow suit.

I actually agree with your boarding school idea, but the problem is where would all these educated individuals come from to apply this at a national level? Would you just start off with a couple of these schools in large cities and then slowly branch out?

Productivity should also be a top priority side by side with education. Although china isn’t the best nation to copy when you look at their humanitarian issues, they have done a good job in fighting poverty and becoming developed.

Those that are uneducated can pick up tools and still farm to feed the children who are getting educated. They can pour cement to pave the way for future generations. You have so many human resources at your hands, if you can organize them and set up farms, factories, construction sites, you can very quickly turn things around.

Clean the streets, build schools and recreation centres to keep people busy. I love playing basketball and would love to see more basketball courts in Somalia, but I know they like soccer there more so they should build more soccer fields, introduce more sports and community centres too.

you’re right, almost all african ethnicities need a cultural and societal reform.

We need future generations to be enlightened, educated, cooperative and rational. We need less greed, ignorance and unnecessary pride.

Unfortunately colonialism has bred a certain mindset among africans and their leaders that will forever prevent them from
prospering. We just need one african country to take the first steps to cause societal change and other countries would follow suit.

I actually agree with your boarding school idea, but the problem is where would all these educated individuals come from to apply this at a national level? Would you just start off with a couple of these schools in large cities and then slowly branch out?

Productivity should also be a top priority side by side with education. Although china isn’t the best nation to copy when you look at their humanitarian issues, they have done a good job in fighting poverty and becoming developed.

Those that are uneducated can pick up tools and still farm to feed the children who are getting educated. They can pour cement to pave the way for future generations. You have so many human resources at your hands, if you can organize them and set up farms, factories, construction sites, you can very quickly turn things around.

Clean the streets, build schools and recreation centres to keep people busy. I love playing basketball and would love to see more basketball courts in Somalia, but I know they like soccer there more so they should build more soccer fields, introduce more sports and community centres too.

Please bear with me, because the post below will be an exhausting read. Apologies in advance:

We should employ the services of international education experts and pay them handsomely to teach thousands of highly intelligent, passionate and competent quick learners in tertiary institutions; we would then deploy this army of teachers in our boarding schools.

Our cultural reform programs are decades overdue. We need to embark on programs of philosophical, cultural, political, economic and institutional change -- and we need to expedite it all.

Systemic change must take place and it must result in a cultural revolution. Our cultures are weak and retrogressive — wholly unsuited for the 21st century and the many challenges it presents.

We need to establish our own political systems and institutions; systems that directly give the power back to the people and constrain our representatives significantly more so than even Western leaders.

Rather than being a cure, electoralism has failed Africa. African dictators always use sham elections to provide themselves with democratic legitimacy and unearned mandates that span 3 to 4 decades.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but perhaps the solution is to campaign for the removal of elections for candidates at all levels of Government.

Replacing the entire electoral system is precisely what we must do; it should be replaced with sortition -- jury-duty applied to politics.

Sortition would greatly reduce the prospects of sinister State takeover, nepotism, kleptocracy and corruption.

A body could be established to determine the most suitable candidates; this body would screen out criminals, hostile, vain, uncooperative, incompetent and corrupt people.

The sortition criteria should require as a minimum a high school diploma or a trades qualification -- and this would truly be representative; it would also require a comprehensive education and training program over a period of 2 years.

The education and training program would cover units on constitutional law, human rights, separation of powers, economics, budgets and economic history. There would be units on writing legislation and committee meetings & hearings.

Sortition members would only serve for 5 years and could never return; Government Departments and Ministries would be technical in nature but would come under the purview of sortition members.

Executive power is highly concentrated in Africa, so the office of the Presidency should be scrapped and replaced with an Executive Council of at least 5 members -- just like Switzerland's 7 person Executive council; this Executive Council should make decisions on consensus -- hence the odd number.

These Executive Council members would serve for 1 term of 5 years -- without the possibility of ever returning.

Elections would still take place but they would be for platforms and policies instead of politicians and personalities.

We can't just blame the politicians; a people’s government is more often than not a reflection of their society.

A Nation's elite don’t just drop out of the sky or manifest themselves from another dimension — they are us… even if they are a little more corrupt or a little more murderous.

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Please bear with me, because the post below will be an exhausting read. Apologies in advance:

We should employ the services of international education experts and pay them handsomely to teach thousands of highly intelligent, passionate and competent quick learners in tertiary institutions; we would then deploy this army of teachers in our boarding schools.

Our cultural reform programs are decades overdue. We need to embark on programs of philosophical, cultural, political, economic and institutional change -- and we need to expedite it all.

Systemic change must take place and it must result in a cultural revolution. Our cultures are weak and retrogressive — wholly unsuited for the 21st century and the many challenges it presents.

We need to establish our own political systems and institutions; systems that directly give the power back to the people and constrain our representatives significantly more so than even Western leaders.

Rather than being a cure, electoralism has failed Africa. African dictators always use sham elections to provide themselves with democratic legitimacy and unearned mandates that span 3 to 4 decades.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but perhaps the solution is to campaign for the removal of elections for candidates at all levels of Government.

Replacing the entire electoral system is precisely what we must do; it should be replaced with sortition -- jury-duty applied to politics.

Sortition would greatly reduce the prospects of sinister State takeover, nepotism, kleptocracy and corruption.

A body could be established to determine the most suitable candidates; this body would screen out criminals, hostile, vain, uncooperative, incompetent and corrupt people.

The sortition criteria should require as a minimum a high school diploma or a trades qualification -- and this would truly be representative; it would also require a comprehensive education and training program over a period of 2 years.

The education and training program would cover units on constitutional law, human rights, separation of powers, economics, budgets and economic history. There would be units on writing legislation and committee meetings & hearings.

Sortition members would only serve for 5 years and could never return; Government Departments and Ministries would be technical in nature but would come under the purview of sortition members.

Executive power is highly concentrated in Africa, so the office of the Presidency should be scrapped and replaced with an Executive Council of at least 5 members -- just like Switzerland's 7 person Executive council; this Executive Council should make decisions on consensus -- hence the odd number.

These Executive Council members would serve for 1 term of 5 years -- without the possibility of ever returning.

Elections would still take place but they would be for platforms and policies instead of politicians and personalities.

We can't just blame the politicians; a people’s government is more often than not a reflection of their society.

A Nation's elite don’t just drop out of the sky or manifest themselves from another dimension — they are us… even if they are a little more corrupt or a little more murderous.
I’ve actually heard of sortition before and think it’s a good idea. My problem with this is how could you possibly implement this? What steps should be taken to give the power back to the people in a peaceful manner?

I also disagree with you that the nation’s elites are the same as the rest of the people. These elites have been living in a bubble closed off from the rest of society. They enjoy clean clothes, food, and all types of amenities. This is all they need to be satisfied, they are extremely shortsighted and don’t care about the progress of their people as long as they can live in luxury.

But then again, who’s to say a poor man wouldn’t end up the same once he receives riches? So you’re right, regardless, ethics and morals must be instilled in the populace. So at the very least they can see evil and recognize it.

I don’t know much about South Sudan diaspora and how much there are, but what would you say about calling them back to repatriate them. Many of them have education and knowledge just from living in the west. I know this would serve to help Somalia out a lot as we probably have one of the highest emigration rates with all the refugees fleeing throughout the past 30 years.

This would help fill the vacuum in educated personnel even by a little. In fact, your average joe here in the US or Canada can VERY easily serve as a highschool teacher. Maybe not in physics and chemistry but in other subjects.

Out of all of this I feel that the biggest hurdle to overcome is power and decision-making. You have a pretty solid (at least to my sense) plan laid out, but how you could implement this is beyond me.

Unless by pure luck and grace from god the next leader who’s chosen through nepotism and corruption actually has competence and some semblance of a moral compass. But you can’t rely on that lol.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

also, I don’t think it was too long of a read. Unlike most internet users my attention span is a little over 2 mins lol

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I've learned the words that relate to ethnic groups; words like Indoyeer, Madow, Cadaan and Carab. Abowe means brother and Abayo means sister. Basra uses words like Huuno and it means dear.
rather than abowe and abaayo you’re more likely to hear the gender neutral term walaal. Abowe and Abaayo are from certain regions.

I’ve actually heard of sortition before and think it’s a good idea. My problem with this is how could you possibly implement this? What steps should be taken to give the power back to the people in a peaceful manner?

I also disagree with you that the nation’s elites are the same as the rest of the people. These elites have been living in a bubble closed off from the rest of society. They enjoy clean clothes, food, and all types of amenities. This is all they need to be satisfied, they are extremely shortsighted and don’t care about the progress of their people as long as they can live in luxury.

But then again, who’s to say a poor man wouldn’t end up the same once he receives riches? So you’re right, regardless, ethics and morals must be instilled in the populace. So at the very least they can see evil and recognize it.

I don’t know much about South Sudan diaspora and how much there are, but what would you say about calling them back to repatriate them. Many of them have education and knowledge just from living in the west. I know this would serve to help Somalia out a lot as we probably have one of the highest emigration rates with all the refugees fleeing throughout the past 30 years.

This would help fill the vacuum in educated personnel even by a little. In fact, your average joe here in the US or Canada can VERY easily serve as a highschool teacher. Maybe not in physics and chemistry but in other subjects.

Out of all of this I feel that the biggest hurdle to overcome is power and decision-making. You have a pretty solid (at least to my sense) plan laid out, but how you could implement this is beyond me.

Unless by pure luck and grace from god the next leader who’s chosen through nepotism and corruption actually has competence and some semblance of a moral compass. But you can’t rely on that lol.

Starting is the crucial and most difficult part of it all. Establishing a system like this would take decades and would have to be put into place gradually. It would necessarily start out as organisations at the local level -- like counties.

We can't directly contend with our violent political establishments for official positions and power so we need to create our own parallel political, economic and corporate systems.

I think that unofficial citizen assemblies and un-official sortition members could give local constituents an idea and a taste of what independent, local self-rule actually looks like. An aware, organised and globally interconnected diaspora is essential.

We could establish our own local public banks and liase with qualified members in the diaspora to provide technical expertise in building our own schools, clinics and community owned enterprises.

These local, community-owned cooperative could be used to fund our own programs, schools and tertiary institutions. We would need to create our own treasury.

A distributed digital ledger could be created and it could be made so that it would allow citizens to see how much money was in our treasury -- in real time. Community accounts that required automatic community consent for the use and transfer of funds -- especially for large figures.

Creating transparent and accountable local, unofficial governments is the only way we could ever hope to redefine political participation, governance, leadership, transparency and accountability.

Our own non-profit private schools would instill principles, morals and ethics and extol the virtues of human rights; this is planting the seed for taking back our Countries.

Our mis-leaders may have achieved State capture but we can beat them with social capture and educate the population into new ways of doing things.

An educated population is the only way we can challenge the establishment and the process may take over 20 years.

I'm sorry if it all sounds like wishy-washy nonsense. I have a great deal of reading to do -- but I just felt like sharing these thoughts.

We can't possibly convince the majority of the diaspora to return home, so we should pay educated and experienced members of our communities to return home on a contractual basis for 4 years and teach in our own tertiary institutions...

..These individuals would be tasked with transmiting their knowledge, experience and expertise to thousands of intelligent, passionate and competent students in our own schools back home.

We could probably achieve all of this with 1,000 people and the tens of thousands of our people in the diaspora would play a supporting role.

Do you prefer Bantus or Cushitics

Nilotics are related to both populations, so choosing either party doesn't make sense; we're also related to the San and have some non-Eurasian North African DNA. We're at the nexus of virtually every African population.

I like that Cushitic populations are not as sexual in their dances and that you are extremely proud; the Niger-Congo populationd have beaten all of us (demographically) and the continent is virtually synonymous with them.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Gladys and Scomo are incompetent and corrupt and I honestly don't know how the Liberal Party keeps winning elections.

Its because the average Australian wants a government that's anti-immigration rather than a competent government.

Its because the average Australian wants a government that's anti-immigration rather than a competent government.

And this is precisely why we need to teach our children/youth (from the very beginning) that our place in the West is precarious and that our time is limited; we need to tend to our own gardens and take back our Countries.

World

VIP
Thanks for the welcome. I'm 6'5.
What do you think the average Nilotic man would be with good diet? I have three south Sudanese friends, tallest is 6’7, second tallest is 6’3 and the other is my height 6’0. I think you guys have the tallest genes in the world.

Trending

Latest posts