Do you think you will ever be reunited with Sudan
Have you faced any racism up north

:cosbyhmm:

@Nilotic I have 3 question
How does the south sudanese feel about Sudan
Do you think you will ever be reunited with Sudan
Have you faced any racism up north

:cosbyhmm:

We don't really view the North all that positively and our centuries of conflict with each other are at the heart of it all.

Most of our Nilotic tribes used to reside in the Gezira and Kordofan (North Sudan) centuries ago and the Dinka were the last to arrive in South Sudan in the 15th and 16th Centuries; the Gezira is the land on the banks of the Blue Nile -- near the Ethiopian border and it extends to just South of Khartoum.

Our migration to the South was precipitated by drought, famine and constant wars with the Afro-Arabs.

We will never formally re-unite with the Sudanese State; our political, economic and security interests are intertwined and this is precisely why Khartoum is mediating the conflict in South Sudan and why we're doing the same for them in the North.

The oil is in the South but the infrastructure is in the North and so we pay them hundreds of millions of dollars in transit fees; the pipelines, refineries and export terminals are in the North -- forcing a marriage of convenience.

I've never been to the North, so I've not experienced anything personally; many of my family members lived in Khartoum and Kosti and apparently the Afro-Arabs didn't ever tell us how they really felt about us to our face, so individual Northerners were never really a concern. We were only at odds with the security apparatus and the military.

We don't really view the North all that positively and our centuries of conflict with each other are at the heart of it all.

Most of our Nilotic tribes used to reside in the Gezira and Kordofan (North Sudan) centuries ago and the Dinka were the last to arrive in South Sudan in the 15th and 16th Centuries; the Gezira is the land on the banks of the Blue Nile -- near the Ethiopian border and it extends to just South of Khartoum.

Our migration to the South was precipitated by drought, famine and constant wars with the Afro-Arabs.

We will never formally re-unite with the Sudanese State; our political, economic and security interests are intertwined and this is precisely why Khartoum is mediating the conflict in South Sudan and why we're doing the same for them in the North.

The oil is in the South but the infrastructure is in the North and so we pay them hundreds of millions of dollars in transit fees; the pipelines, refineries and export terminals are in the North -- forcing a marriage of convenience.

I've never been to the North, so I've not experienced anything personally; many of my family members lived in Khartoum and Kosti and apparently the Afro-Arabs didn't ever tell us how they really felt about us to our face, so individual Northerners were never really a concern. We were only at odds with the security apparatus and the military.

:cosbyhmm: thank you for answering so how do you feel about Ethiopian dam problem and who Sudan/south heroes

:cosbyhmm: thank you for answering so how do you feel about Ethiopian dam problem and who Sudan/south heroes

The Ethiopians have a right to build the dam and Egypt simply needs to get on board because there's no stopping it; South Sudanese support Ethiopia because they hosted us during the North-South war and the dam is a big middle finger to an Arab State.

Our mis-leaders are far too chummy with Egypt and I hope to see this come to an end very soon.

Would it be more viable to export the oil through Kenya. This would be better and it would offer more leverage for south sudan

Some Northerners are under the mistaken impression that the two million people that were taken as slaves by the Afro-Arabs in the 19th century represent the base of our population -- the Nilotics; the victims of that particular slave trade were the 'Fertit' -- a collection of a dozen or so Bantu tribes that were merely peaceful farmers.

The Fertit only have 100, 000 members today as a consequence of the slave raids they endured at the hands of the North; the area was initially suppose to be part of the Central African Republic but the British wrestled it from France and made it part of Sudan.

We (Nilotics) are not peaceful and did not suffer such a grand humiliation. We defeated the Funj kingdom that conquered the Northerners; our lands in Upper Nile State used to belong to the Afro-Arab subjects of the Funj before we took it in the 15th and 16th Centuries.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Do Somalis regularly troll as non-Somalis that you would be suspicious?

Thanks for the welcome, mate.

We sometimes have Somalis pretending to be foreigners on here and then go on to troll other Somalis from an outsider perspective. I believe you, but we had trolls use this tactic.

We sometimes have Somalis pretending to be foreigners on here and then go on to troll other Somalis from an outsider perspective. I believe you, but we had trolls use this tactic.

That's actually hilarious.

I suspected the Bosnian but he seems to have intimate knowledge of the Balkans for me to doubt him.

Apollo

VIP
That's actually hilarious.

I suspected the Bosnian but he seems to have intimate knowledge of the Balkans for me to doubt him.

Worst case scenario he is half Bosnian half Somali, but I doubt he is a full Somali. He knows way too much about that area and gets pissed off at you with qashin ratings when you insult Eastern Europe, lol.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Nilotic

what language is primarily spoken in South Sudan? When I search it up on google they say english which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Why isn’t a native language the official language?

Are there concerns that making a certain language the official language even though it’s not the absolute majority will cause divisions?

Worst case scenario he is half Bosnian half Somali, but I doubt he is a full Somali. He knows way too much about that area and gets pissed off at you with qashin ratings when you insult Eastern Europe, lol.

He seems legit because it would be too much of a hassle to research the intricate details of the Balkans like that; even esteemed historians from outside would get many things wrong.

He has to be half Somali otherwise what would possess a non-African to come here?

He seems legit because it would be too much of a hassle to research the intricate details of the Balkans like that; even esteemed historians from outside would get many things wrong.

He has to be half Somali otherwise what would possess a non-African to come here?
he's muslim
there are a few non-somali muslims on here

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Some Northerners are under the mistaken impression that the two million people that were taken as slaves by the Afro-Arabs in the 19th century represent the base of our population -- the Nilotics; the victims of that particular slave trade were the 'Fertit' -- a collection of a dozen or so Bantu tribes that were merely peaceful farmers.

The Fertit only have 100, 000 members today as a consequence of the slave raids they endured at the hands of the North; the area was initially suppose to be part of the Central African Republic but the British wrestled it from France and made it part of Sudan.

We (Nilotics) are not peaceful and did not suffer such a grand humiliation. We defeated the Funj kingdom that conquered the Northerners; our lands in Upper Nile State used to belong to the Afro-Arab subjects of the Funj before we took it in the 15th and 16th Centuries.
Which tribe are your from? It must be pretty cool to be from one of Africa’s oldest/influential people.

All hail the Nilotic Master race, father of Somalis and all of humanity
Bantus on the otherhand
mjlaugh.png

@Nilotic

what language is primarily spoken in South Sudan? When I search it up on google they say english which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Why isn’t a native language the official language?

Are there concerns that making a certain language the official language even though it’s not the absolute majority will cause divisions?

We mostly speak our own variant of Arabic -- Juba Arabic. English is the language the 'Government' put down as the official language but very few of us speak it outside the diaspora.

We have 64 tribes so we can't pick a language from any of these languages; the Dinka constitute 40% of the population and occupy 7 of the 10 States, but picking Dinka would be grounds for more war.

My tribe (Dinka) are already unreasonable and arrogant so choosing our language would make us more tyranical; 80% of the Government is already Dinka -- a scale of power that is 2x in excess of our demographic standing.

We chose English because of its utility in the modern world; we also want to leave any vestige of Arab influence behind us; even Swahili is too close to Arabic for many of us.

Our disdain for Arabs is excessive and we need to curb that; a middle-age South Sudanese woman refused to work in an English group assignment with a Lebanese woman and cited the North-South war as a reason.

Which tribe are your from? It must be pretty cool to be from one of Africa’s oldest/influential people.

I'm from the Dinka tribe.

We're an old population but we're not that influential. The only truly famous Nilotic tribe is the Maasai and they're not full Nilotes; I think some of them range from 30% to 70% Nilotic.

Nilotics can't even dance; all we do is jump up and down; the only thing I appreciate about our dances is that we don't have dances with sexual undercurrents.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I'm from the Dinka tribe.

We're an old population but we're not that influential. The only truly famous Nilotic tribe is the Maasai and they're not full Nilotes; I think some of them range from 30% to 70% Nilotic.

Nilotics can't even dance; all we do is jump up and down; the only thing I appreciate about our dances is that we don't have dances with sexual undercurrents.
You just said the Dinka tribe isn’t that influential, you know you guys produced a a lot of basketball players right. If South Sudan was in good position it would be a basketball hub.

All hail the Nilotic Master race, father of Somalis and all of humanity
Bantus on the otherhandView attachment 194352

We're so far removed from being a master race that it's depressing ; I want us to become more Western in terms of our philosophies, psychology and managerial practices; we should retain our languages, food, music, clothing and dances but everything else must change.

I think we should change our cultures at the grass-roots level; it should start in our households with the morals and ethics we believe in; the books we read; the philosophies we embody and espouse; and the training we provide to our youth.

If I had it my way, every child would be enrolled in a boarding school.

The boarding schools must be well structured, well funded academies in which only thoroughly vetted and highly qualified professionals can teach - just like Finland.

We should embark on a program of full spectrum education instead of just academic education; we should teach principles, ethics & morals, emotional intelligence, inference, critical thinking, problem solving, cooperation, leadership and creativity.

I want my people to adopt the teachings of Marcus Aurelius, John Locke, Jean Rousseau, Voltaire, David Hume and have them taught in school -- starting in primary school.

We need to foster strength, patriotism, civic duty, responsibility and accountability. Courses on parenting should be mandatory and people should be taught how to form and maintain Marital relationships.

Trending