Nilote/East African and Natufian/MENA

The Somali phenotype existed before Proto Nilotes.
The earliest Proto Nilotes existed in the 2nd Millenium BC. So its factually incorrect to call them Nilotes.

Whoever they were, they were Ancestral East Africans.
i bet they were dark af, skinny and 7 ft :trumpsmirk:

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Somalis are a mix of proto kushites(who were actually kassites from Iran and most likely proto Indians) and proto nilo-saharans.
We have zero genetic ties with Indians and our neolithic iranian dna is very minor, our non SSA ancestry is almost entirely natufian

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
We have zero genetic ties with Indians and our neolithic iranian dna is very minor, our non SSA ancestry is almost entirely natufian

I would say it is more of a group related to Natufians (probably Egyptians living in Egypt at the same when the Natufians lived. The anthro community fixates on Natufians because they are the only sequenced population from that era around the Levant, but others similar to them existed nearby (in Egypt).

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
I would say it is more of a group related to Natufians (probably Egyptians living in Egypt at the same when the Natufians lived. The anthro community fixates on Natufians because they are the only sequenced population from that era around the Levant, but others similar to them existed nearby (in Egypt).
Speaking of egypt, they did a DNA analysis of some ancient Egyptian mummies and they came back with 4-8% northeast African dna, did the ancient Egyptians absorb some minor cushitic ancestry?
1318ABDB-2541-42A3-A318-D7DC591FFC19.jpeg