Niiko: Bantu Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis who love niiko need to love the origins of niiko and the people who brought it to Somalia. Don't hate and mistreat the people and appropriate their dance/culture.
I am talking to Reer Mogadishu specifically since Niiko isn't really celebrated or performed in other areas in Somalia.

Personally, I think the dance should not be done in public since it is sexually provocative. You'll see variations of this dance performed in all Bantu nations, which is most of Africa.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Somalis who love niiko need to love the origins of niiko and the people who brought it to Somalia. Don't hate and mistreat the people and appropriate their dance/culture.
I am talking to Reer Mogadishu specifically since Niiko isn't really celebrated or performed in other areas in Somalia.

Niiko Hargeysa

Niiko iyo Garoowe

Niiko iyo Burco

Niiko Puntland

CaliTedesse

VIP
Do you have documented proof yaa ukhti, because I believe Somalians just like shaking their futo .

CaliTedesse

VIP
I am talking about the niiko dance, its origins is from the Bantu people not ethnic Somalis.
Yes in my honest opinion I believe it did not originate with the Bantus because many cultures shake their ass it is normal. Don't act like Somalis are free of filthy customs. yaa ukhti even Arabs perform Niiko.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
so all bantus did in africa was shake their booty
also i heard they brought a similar dance to the arabs aswell
something called maaliyah or something cant quite remember it

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Yes in my honest opinion I believe it did not originate with the Bantus because many cultures shake their ass it is normal. Don't act like Somalis are free of filthy customs. yaa ukhti even Arabs perform Niiko.
its not practised in puntland or somaliland their are some who do it but not many
mostly in the south niiko is mostly performed by the bantu ethnic group in somalia

CaliTedesse

VIP
its not practised in puntland or somaliland their are some who do it but not many
mostly in the south niiko is mostly performed by the bantu ethnic group in somalia
That might be correct , but do you have proof that niiko originated with the Bantus from Southern Somalia. I'll wait for proof akhi. I'm merely asking you guys proof nothing more...

100%. This is their dance that Somalis have also taken on (you can ask your parents). It's a cultural exchange. They are a part of Somalia and these diaspora kids disrespecting and abusing them make me sick. That first vid is too funny.

Apollo

VIP
Niiko is the best Somali dance because it comes from bantus (superior race)

You are raising my suspicions again. :notsureif:

giphy.gif

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

MY+EYES.gif

The same way some caucasians fought side by side with blacks during civil rights
8B1F880E-EC0B-4FF2-A131-13A75EFE9EF0.jpeg

I will stand side by side with my bantu brothers and fight for their rights.
Viva Madowweyne (I’m a Somali ally)

CaliTedesse

VIP
Can I have the proof written proof that niiko originated with the Bantus?

Apollo

VIP
The same way some caucasians fought side by side with blacks during civil rights
View attachment 71526
I will stand side by side with my bantu brothers and fight for their rights.
Viva Madowweyne (I’m a Somali ally)

Not the same dynamic. It is more like White Americans being oppressed in Mexico when they got the opportunity to go back to richer America. Southeast African countries are better off than Somalia.

Can I have the proof written proof that niiko originated with the Bantus?

It likely did, only Somalis do it. It is more common in the South of Somalia than the North where it is more recent. None of the other Cushites do this.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Not the same dynamic. It is more like White Americans being oppressed in Mexico when they got the opportunity to go back to richer America. Southeast African countries are better off than Somalia.

It likely did, only Somalis do it. It is more common in the South of Somalia than the North where it is more recent. None of the other Cushites do this.
but there are a lot of things that the Somalis do but other Cushites dont yaa akhi does that make it foreign then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending