Next Covid variant could kill 1 in 3 people

Don't viruses generally mutate to be less leathal or risk burning through the host population too quickly? Covid's either a biological weapon and indoyaar bug-eater lied or I call bullshit lol
They lied. A probe from WHO was blocked by China. The Chinese then said that we should investigate the US. And the US's intelligence team in less than 30 days are gonna come out with a report on the origins.

The MSM is now doing damage control on the narrative. I might get an extended vacation by the end of August, if you catch my drift.

Alx, they stopped lockdowns in the UAE ages ago (mid last year). Only Abu Dhabi is a bit extra with you needing to have been vaccinated to go into the city and to go to malls and such. And work places in the other Emirates as well as Unis and schools do push being vaccinated but otherwise; home free.
Always wondered how does the avg Somali afford living UAE? Isn’t it hella expensive to rent or buy? Do you guys have maids?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Always wondered how does the avg Somali afford living UAE? Isn’t it hella expensive to rent or buy? Do you guys have maids?

What is the "average" Somali to you, sis? We're not like most western Geeljires here. The Somalis spread across Asia and Africa are a different breed entirely. Usually people who, or the descendants of people who, were well off enough after the civil war to not need to seek asylum in Europe or the Anglosphere but could move to another country and start a business or work as professionals or in some cases just poor folks who don't live so far from the hooyoland and can afford to go to a nearby country for menial jobs so they can send money back home.

It doesn't apply all over Africa and Asia. Asian and African Somali diasporans have to deal with the fact that most of these countries don't offer citizenship (barring Kenya, Ethiopia and Jabuuti), or a social safety net and you basically have to work to survive or even just not get deported.

Somalis in these parts of the world are usually anything from laborers, low-skilled workers, educated professionals, middle to upper class entrepreneurs, diplomats and so on. Very different sort of community from that in the west. It's one reason why all the crazy crime stories that come out of places like Canada and Europe always startled me. That is not the Somalis I know in the gulf by a mile.

Just examples from the kids I grew up with (using fake names):

• Axmad: Aabo was a radiologist and hooyo was a cop with the Dubai police
  • Cabdi & Hodan: Aabo was some sort of analyst for an oil company and hooyo was an assistant to the CEO or some other big wig
  • Xirsi and Jamac: Aabo owned a large stake in a telecom business and had many assets all over the place and hooyo was a housewife
  • This large group of sisters I know: Aabo was a Pediatrician and hooyo owned a stake in a telecom business and had a managerial role (generally a businesswoman)
  • These girls who don't live too far from where I do: Both aabo and hooyo were cops until they retired recently I believe (Sharjah police, I think)

Geeljires in these parts work for their keep. No naxariis and social safety net here. And yes, a lot of Somali families in the gulf do tend to have housekeepers. My family always did. We had two at certain points when the house we lived in was rather big.

Last edited:
What is the "average" Somali to you, sis? We're not like most western Geeljires here. The Somalis spread across Asia and Africa are a different breed entirely. Usually people who, or the descendants of people who, were well off enough after the civil war to not need to seek asylum in Europe or the Anglosphere but could move to another country and start a business or work as professionals or in some cases just poor folks who don't live so far from the hooyoland and can afford to go to a nearby country for menial jobs so they can send money back home.

Geeljires in these parts work for their keep. No naxariis and social safety net here. And yes, a lot of Somali families in the gulf do tend to have housekeepers. My family always did. We had two at certain points when the house we lived in was rather big.
An entire diaspora of Wealthy Somalis????

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
An entire diaspora of Wealthy Somalis????

Not everyone in the gulf is rich at all but many, many are at least middle-class. Business owners, doctors, engineers, diplomats and the like are fairly common here. It's only natural. There is no social safety net here and these countries don't offer citizenship or asylum. If you lose your job and can't afford a visit or freelance visa you're gone once that visa expires in whatever 1-3 year period it's meant for or if your employer cancels it on the spot and no one is gonna pickup your rent or food bills, not the government at least. You either hustle like the boys who do taxi work for the Somali community in souq al dahab or you have money and real skills to keep you here. And these countries are never going to stand for any crime. The second they notice illegal activities from ajanabis it is jailtime and deportation for you, especially in the police-state gulf.

Last edited:

Trending