NEWLY ELECTED xaliimo out of Lewiston Maine appears on CNN.(I cant stand Ilhan, move over)

@astorecalledkmart

She looks like your "typical" Somali. What makes you think that she is a Bantu Somali? Is it the way she looks? I don't see any Bantu Somali in this celebration picture after her win. Most probably, the girl on the right is her sister.

_109544871_0614ad4d-a67c-4a95-8ebe-b3e64026ae55.jpg

@astorecalledkmart

She looks like your "typical" Somali. What makes you think that she is a Bantu Somali? Is it the way she looks? I don't see any Bantu Somali in this celebration picture after her win. Most probably, the girl on her right is her sister.

_109544871_0614ad4d-a67c-4a95-8ebe-b3e64026ae55.jpg

She's from Lewiston, Maine, where the majority of Somalis are of Somali Bantu descent as I understand. Local media were interviewing members of the Somali Bantu Community of Lewiston after her victory. I stand corrected if she isn't, but it doesn't matter if she is or isn't - she's Somali regardless and I wish her the best.
As an aside, sometimes you cannot distinguish Somali Bantu from "ethnic" Somalis based on phenotype, so I'd be careful in assuming anything based on pictures alone - I too made an assumption, but it was based on demographic patterns more than anything else.

She's from Lewiston, Maine, where the majority of Somalis are of Somali Bantu descent as I understand. Local media were interviewing members of the Somali Bantu Community of Lewiston after her victory. I stand corrected if she isn't, but it doesn't matter if she is or isn't - she's Somali regardless and I wish her the best.
As an aside, sometimes you cannot distinguish Somali Bantu from "ethnic" Somalis based on phenotype, so I'd be careful in assuming anything based on pictures alone - I too made an assumption, but it was based on demographic patterns more than anything else.

@astorecalledkmart

You are right, it doesn't matter if she is a Bantu or other Somali and it was only a hunch from me because there are many non-Bantu Somalis who live in Maine. Her family moved from New Jersey.

Anyway, she has a bright future in politics.

Safiya For City Council

"For the last six months I’ve been knocking doors and no matter where I am I have had the best conversations with Lewiston residents about how we help this city we love. Nancy here was one of these lovely people and even showed off her first aid skills by lending me a band aid. People are tired of dirty personal politics, throw across social media. It’s time for politics to move away from the screens and back to the people. Let’s talk with each about the issues even if we disagree. Together, and only together, we can build a vibrant community for all our residents. Join Nancy in voting Safiya Khalid for City Council tomorrow."

Dont see the point of electing airhead teenage girls. They need a few more users to wise up. Ilhan is a grown and politically shrewd woman--there is no comparsion

Dont see the point of electing airhead teenage girls. They need a few more users to wise up. Ilhan is a grown and politically shrewd woman--there is no comparsion

Pray tell how did you elucidate that she is an airhead? All we know for certain is that she's young, beautiful, a winner, and Somali. City councillor at an age when most kids are doing tide pod challenges and the nae nae sounds like a genius to me.
Ramses II was battling pirates in the Mediterranean at 15 before ruling as Pharoah for 66 years of glory. True greatness starts early my brotha

Ilhan is a fake crock though and far from a shrewd politician m. I do think 23 is too young for her position though

Pray tell how did you elucidate that she is an airhead? All we know for certain is that she's young, beautiful, a winner, and Somali. City councillor at an age when most kids are doing tide pod challenges and the nae nae sounds like a genius to me.
Ramses II was battling pirates in the Mediterranean at 15 before ruling as Pharoah for 66 years of glory. True greatness starts early my brotha

i saw one video of her speaking. she talks like the typical teenage girl--not even one who seems knowledgable about politics. so once again, what is the point of electing a young and naive girl as if public office is a student council position?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
i saw one video of her speaking. she talks like the typical teenage girl--not even one who seems knowledgable about politics. so once again, what is the point of electing a young and naive girl as if public office is a student council position?

She will grow into it. She is stepping up to leadership. America is a land of Freedom. U can be whatever u want.

Not the gaajo UK u live in. Oh i am sorry, do u live in Hennessy land?

she is more of symbol of hope and to inspire others. You can’t expect a 23 year old to have much experience about anything. As long as she takes her time and stay humble she can learn the job. Having said that you shouldn’t learn on the job in her position

Old doesn't necessarily equate with wisdom or experience i.e., DT, oldest president in US history, zero experience in politics.
I'd argue that the majority of city councillors are people with zero political experience, at least in North America - they're usually regular citizens such as business people, teachers, and increasingly, young people who want to implement some sort of change. What this young woman is doing is actually quite clever - 100% she's using city councillor to learn so that she can eventually move on to State politics or beyond.
In any case, you have to start somewhere and I say we should give her a chance and support her. Better her than an old, Islamophobic, anti-Somali racist

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Old doesn't necessarily equate with wisdom or experience i.e., DT, oldest president in US history, zero experience in politics.
I'd argue that the majority of city councillors are people with zero political experience, at least in North America - they're usually regular citizens such as business people, teachers, and increasingly, young people who want to implement some sort of change. What this young woman is doing is actually quite clever - 100% she's using city councillor to learn so that she can eventually move on to State politics or beyond.
In any case, you have to start somewhere and I say we should give her a chance and support her. Better her than an old, Islamophobic, anti-Somali racist

This girl will do 10x better than that skeleton of a woman.

That woman is an enemy to herself. Why allow that Palestinian lady compromise you like that. Who accepts from someone else “ hey advocate for my shithole...I won’t advocate for your shithole tho. I hope you ok about it”

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Here! Here! Bang the UK parliament table! Cheers!

Trending