New route for fobs from Somalia to enter the EU

Apollo

VIP

Hilarious way Belarus is retaliating against the EU.

uLRs4jf.png

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
the Turkey route seems to have closed these days. i know some people who went to France last year through Turkey not this year so far.

Apollo

VIP
I know some who planning to go to Finland through Russia but never heard of Belarus.

A lot of people don't know this, but Finland has one of the oldest Somali diasporas in Europe. Lots of Somali students who were studying in Moscow, Russia in the late 1980s went to Finland to apply for asylum when the regime started collapsing. But this early community is outnumbered now by people who came later.

So Somalis were there before they were in Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden etc.). Little known fact.

I think 2020 was the first year hundreds of South Sudanese took the perilous journey to the Mediterranean via the Sahara, and we've already experienced tragedies in the sea.

Our continent needs to stop these wars and should start providing economic opportunities to the people. This whole situation is embarrassing.

Apollo

VIP
Finland hardly takes refugees and when they do it's nothing compared to the levels of Swden so it's gonna be hard for them. I'd rather they try to go to Sweden than Finland.

It was hard to get into Finland in the past.

This Belarus route only started in the past few weeks.

You will notice the effects in a few months.

Keo

VIP
It was hard to get into Finland in the past.

This Belarus route only started in the past few weeks.

You will notice the effects in a few months.
They can go there but many will be turned back and few claims will be processed. It's much better for them to go to Sweden instead.

Apollo

VIP
Poland shut its borders with Belarus for this exact reason and made it very difficult to cross.

It is a huge open border with woods that is easy to cross, lol. It is not like they were using the roads and risking check points.

Fobs managed to get through the more guarded border between Yugoslav Balkans vs Austria/Hungary before, this one is much easier.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
It is a huge open border with woods that are easy to cross, lol. It is not like they were using the roads and risking check points.

Fobs managed to get through the more guarded border between Yugoslav Balkans vs Austria/Hungary before, this one is much easier.
I know a group of Somalis who took a plane from Minsk to Istanbul and suffered heavily on the border after being caught by Polish border gaurds, two of them died due to lack of food and water and the elements didnt help either. Its not as easy as you think.

Apollo

VIP
I know a group of Somalis who took a plane from Minsk to Istanbul and suffered heavily on the border after being caught by Polish border gaurds, two of them died due to lack of food and water and the elements didnt help either. Its not as easy as you think.

There are gypsies in all these Slavic countries. I bet they will set up smuggling routes and commercialize it like the Balkan route was.

This is the Poland-Belarus border, lol, easy to jump over it.

-1x-1.jpg

TekNiKo

VIP
There are gypsies in all these Slavic countries. I bet they will set up smuggling routes and commercialize it like the Balkan route was.

This is the Poland-Belarus border, lol, easy to jump over it.

-1x-1.jpg
How is life in Germany for the average FOB asylum claimant? Do they get housing immediately? Why the hell are they all running to Germany?

Apollo

VIP
How is life in Germany for the average FOB asylum claimant? Do they get housing immediately? Why the hell are they all running to Germany?

It is the easiest country for Somali fobs to get accepted, along with Sweden.

UK, Netherlands, France, Denmark etc. currently have a high rejection rate for people coming out of Somalia deeming it a safe country.

Only option (or the main option) for Somali fobs right now are Germany and Sweden.

TekNiKo

VIP
It is the easiest country for Somali fobs to get accepted, along with Sweden.

UK, Netherlands, France, Denmark etc. currently have a high rejection rate for people coming out of Somalia deeming it a safe country.

Only option (or the main option) for Somali fobs right now are Germany and Sweden.
I see so its due to rejection rates, I always wondered why they didnt like UK ileen it is deemed safe.

Apollo

VIP
I see so its due to rejection rates, I always wondered why they didnt like UK ileen it is deemed safe.

I think by the year 2030, Germany will have like 100,000 people born in Somalia living in it and it will be the biggest Somali diaspora in Europe after the UK beating Sweden.

Statistics on second and third generation are hard to get, but for the Somalia born ones it is easy to compare countries.

TekNiKo

VIP
I think by the year 2030, Germany will have like 100,000 people born in Somalia living in it and it will be the biggest Somali diaspora in Europe after the UK beating Sweden.

Statistics on second and third generation are hard to get, but for the Somalia born ones it is easy to compare countries.
Yeah but the Somalis in Germany probably will not stay there for long, many want to use it as a stepping stone to travel to North America I noticed.

Serbia has yesterday enounced it will recognise Somalia Passport, and people can come their for study and Tourism providing they have a three thousand Dollar bank statement.

Apollo

VIP
Yeah but the Somalis in Germany probably will not stay there for long, many want to use it as a stepping stone to travel to North America I noticed.

Not true.

Vast majority will stay. The job market is the best in Germany out of any European country. Unemployment rates are ridiculously low. Literally anybody can get a job.

Cost of living and social mobility are also better in Germany than Anglo countries, especially the UK. The only downside compared to the UK are tax rates, but you get much more for in return (0 tuition fees vs 10K tuition fees in the UK).

Lastly, the UK shut down freedom of movement between itself and Europe. So no eurofobs going there anymore.

Trending