New route for fobs from Somalia to enter the EU

The most well educated and integrated Somalis in Europe are in Germany and Netherlands. The UK Somalis are the worst, Swedish Somalis are somewhere in the middle.

Apollo

VIP
The most well educated and integrated Somalis in Europe are in Germany and Netherlands. The UK Somalis are the worst, Swedish Somalis are somewhere in the middle.

You can't really say that about Germany. Large percentage, if not the outright majority, are people who arrived in the last 15 years.

Perhaps those fobs tend to be the elite people from Somalia who can afford tahriib which costs a few thousand bucks, but I am not sure if they are elite. I don't think so.

Sweden and the Netherlands have more Somalis who have been there since the 90s. Fewer fobs, but Sweden is more fobby.

UK has Somalis who came in many different waves (British colonial wave, late 80s Hargeisa bombing wave, 90s Somalia civil war wave, and the 2000s Eurofob wave).

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
It is the easiest country for Somali fobs to get accepted, along with Sweden.

UK, Netherlands, France, Denmark etc. currently have a high rejection rate for people coming out of Somalia deeming it a safe country.

Only option (or the main option) for Somali fobs right now are Germany and Sweden.
How do fobs in Germany dominate Somali tiktok?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
A lot of people don't know this, but Finland has one of the oldest Somali diasporas in Europe. Lots of Somali students who were studying in Moscow, Russia in the late 1980s went to Finland to apply for asylum when the regime started collapsing. But this early community is outnumbered now by people who came later.

So Somalis were there before they were in Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden etc.). Little known fact.
That's true, Russia's student immediately got visas from Finland, most went to Sweden or become reer Sweden as I know, I could be wrong. Get shocked when I heard about this, this country was xenophob for a long time.

Hope they don't embarrass us

I think by the year 2030, Germany will have like 100,000 people born in Somalia living in it and it will be the biggest Somali diaspora in Europe after the UK beating Sweden.

Statistics on second and third generation are hard to get, but for the Somalia born ones it is easy to compare countries.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Serbia has yesterday enounced it will recognise Somalia Passport, and people can come their for study and Tourism providing they have a three thousand Dollar bank statement.

3000 is a bit too easy lol.

A relative can transfer them that much if it means they get to study in a soon to be EU nation.

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus

How did your parents enter Australia (when they were refugees)? And what is the general method refugee Somalis enter Australia?

Seems like a tough place to get to.

No more FOBs

Im Not No Way GIF

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus

How did your parents enter Australia (when they were refugees)? And what is the general method refugee Somalis enter Australia?

Seems like a tough place to get to.

My mother had a foreign passport when she came so she had a visa.

My father came as a refugee just as the civil war started (early 91). He already had family in Australia which influenced his decision.

Many of the early Somalis that came were either refugees or students or the relatives of Somali-Australians.

Australia generally desires skilled immigrants or relatives of citizens. That’s why on a clan level, Australia’s Somali community is predominantly from one region in Somalia as someone will apply for their parents or sibling to join them.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Lukasjenka and Belarus are doing this to the EU because of the sanctions imposed on Belarus by the EU. He also hopes the EU will ease these sanctions because they are tired of immigrants.

@Apollo speaking of Germany, during the 90's they took in a lot of refugees from the Balkans due to the war, but as soon as the war ended, they kicked them out, many went to the US. Either something has changed in their immigration policy or the same faith awaits Syrians, Afghans and others.

Or was their sending people back-policy due to the economic crisis that burdened Germany for most of the 90's?

They are taking in a load of Bosniaks and other Balkanites now again due to the needs of their economy, which I find very worrying because it drains Bosnia and the Balkans of high-skilled people.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
3000 is a bit too easy lol.

A relative can transfer them that much if it means they get to study in a soon to be EU nation.

Soon to be EU nation kulaha. Everybody knows that the requirement for serbia to join eu is to recognize the self proclaimed sovereignity of kosovo. Serbs will never do that lol.

A lot of people don't know this, but Finland has one of the oldest Somali diasporas in Europe. Lots of Somali students who were studying in Moscow, Russia in the late 1980s went to Finland to apply for asylum when the regime started collapsing. But this early community is outnumbered now by people who came later.

So Somalis were there before they were in Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden etc.). Little known fact.
There's a somali man who came to Norway in the late sixties. He might be the first somali man to come to northern Europe.

Apollo

VIP
speaking of Germany, during the 90's they took in a lot of refugees from the Balkans due to the war, but as soon as the war ended, they kicked them out, many went to the US. Either something has changed in their immigration policy or the same faith awaits Syrians, Afghans and others.

They completely changed refugee policies somewhere in the early 2010s.. before DE was one of the most conservative in this regard when it came to Western Europe, but then they turned into Sweden mode and became the most liberal when it comes to refugees. Very odd indeed.

The upcoming Social Democrat-Greens-FDP coalition will likely be even more liberal than Merkel was during the late stages of her chancellorship.

I guess they don't want to end up like Japan (more diapers sold for adults than for babies) and keep vitality through immigration.

People should stay Were They Belong Europe Will Be On War Time Soon Enough Build Your Countries
Don't Come To Europe
:ayaanswag::silanyolaugh: