New Proposed Federal Map of Somalia

To all my federalist what do you think of a restructure of the current system of federalism. I believe we can convince the centralists in federalism. Its pretty clear that the current system is flawed as the new states are based on clan geography rather than the original administrative regions. These two maps is what i propose as the new Democratic States of Somalia. One map is the original 18 regions and even more decentralized. The second map is more or less similar to the current states however are more inclusive and isn’t based on clan borders.
AC89ACC5-BD18-4FE0-888D-8A5DC2851A53.jpeg
ED4B385B-9435-40BA-ACC4-3119875383DE.jpeg

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
That map looks like it will cause another civil war all over again, Sool and Sanaag belongs to Northeast and also where is Southwest and Hirshabelle, the best way for a federalism to work in Somalia is if it is based on clan lines and borders,let us use the corrent FMS map instead of this one.

federalism-state-building-in-somalia-and-peoples-state-ownership-10-638.jpg

There are no 18 regions. They were created by siad barre during his dying embers. Somalia has 2 republics and 8 original provinces.
259E6BD8-BBF9-401E-903C-8F2FD386BB28.jpeg
C24F0C7F-2635-4913-892A-14B545229679.jpeg

That map looks like it will cause another civil war all over again, Sool and Sanaag belongs to Northeast and also where is Southwest and Hirshabelle, the best way for a federalism to work in Somalia is if it is based on clan lines and borders,let us use the corrent FMS map instead of this one.

We can most agree decentralization is the better option. I doubt the people in sool and sanag have the same outlook as lets say people from mudug lets be honest here they will have difficulties are not able to relate as much. The more decentralized the better as you can hold leaders more accountable with local governance. Clan federalism is what eventually is going to lead to another civil war as there is going to be a reason to fight over land and resources rather than to live in peace based on tradition.

Last edited:
Let federalism collapse. Such a backward approach to state forming.

Federalism will not work for a qabilist nation who isolate themselves and disassociate with a central government. Will we have 6 different macroeconomic policies and trade deals. Plus our enemies are too many and will pick us off one by one.

We need a patriotic dictator with an authoritarian approach. Nothing more, nothing less.

Farm

VIP
Another useless thread. Most of the southern states are paper states, and that has nothing to do with the borders of their “state”. Why not address the root problem first....?

Federalism will not work for a qabilist nation who isolate themselves and disassociate with a central government. Will we have 6 different macroeconomic policies and trade deals. Plus our enemies are too many and will pick us off one by one.

We need a patriotic dictator with an authoritarian approach. Nothing more, nothing less.
:damedamn:
What happened last time we had a dictator?
2bda551d79f0c9448a712a745247cedd--siad-barre-somalia.jpg

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer

Somalis need gacan bir ah. Preferably Beesha Barakaysan

:wow:

I dont think clan fiefdoms will ever work my friend and im also sure centralism and dictatorship wont work either. The people should be able to decide who leads them and should also have a voice in local decision making. The days of ruling with a iron fist are long gone we should look to build a inclusive country that promotes equality and rejects primitive clan mentality

The central state's population is at least 3x-4x that of the northwest state and yet northwest will have access to 2 big ports(Bosaso/hobyo). Mean While the center state will have access to Mogadishu port. If that won't trigger civil war idk what will.
I think you mean northeast. But even if thats the case whats stoping the central states from using hobyo? I don't see what the problem is?

Anyone in the world can day-dream, the whole world, post-cold war has moved to or is
moving to Democracy and Devolution/federalism, and has moved a way from the Evil
Centralism and dictatorships.

Somalia has also been doing the same as the rest of the World, so lets give it enough
time, all will be fine. (every transformation takes time)

Walaalayaal say No to EVIL DICTATORSHIP AND CENTRALISM.

Federalists are a bigger threat to Somalia than centralists. With that said, I think Somalis should sit and come up with their own system of governance.

I know the west won’t allow it but we can see federalism failing, and we have seen centralism fail.

both won’t work.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
The central state's population is at least 3x-4x that of the northwest state and yet northwest will have access to 2 big ports(Bosaso/hobyo). Mean While the center state will have access to Mogadishu port. If that won't trigger civil war idk what will.
Bosaso/Garacad

Why would it trigger a civil war and what's stopping others getting thier own shit? Would you attack your next door neighbor for having more cars then you?

Federalism did not fail in Somalia. but i can say that its not going as smooth as it should be,
because the Center aka (Xamar) does not want it to work, and is always trying to destroy it.

Bosaso/Garacad

Why would it trigger a civil war and what's stopping others getting thier own shit? Would you attack your next door neighbor for having more cars then you?

Bossaso port is actually property of the federal government fyi so i can see where hes coming from. Kacan gov built it for all Somali citizens. Garcad however I applaud the people for the local initiative

Bosaso/Garacad

I forgot about the garacad port. That's 3 ports in 1 very low populous state. Lets but the qabil aside, economically speaking it will be counterproductive to have 3 ports in 1 state. With the south and center states, each having only 1 port, the 2 ports won't be able to keep up with demand, and the northeast ports are too far away......Now If u think that's acceptable u are either a low IQ or qabilist.

Also, U can't compare a personal property to national property.