New Djibouti ambassador to Sweden met with the King wearing macawiis and sandals

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I hate how somalis back home all wear the western flannel. Might aswell get some slacks aswell. Maybe a pair of jeans will go nicely :Really:

Somali culture is dead and forgotten :Blackpepe:
We'll revive it.

Coffee Time Barista GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee

Some of you have some self esteem issues lol. Happy to champion and wear the suit - an attire you dont own- but mocking the one thats actually is yours. Proper self loathing. Id wear his macawis attire over anything.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I hate how somalis back home all wear the western flannel. Might aswell get some slacks aswell. Maybe a pair of jeans will go nicely :Really:

Im sorry @Idrus that the rest of us aren't playing dress up for your Somali nationalist dream. We got other things to worry about saaxib.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Some of you have some self esteem issues lol. Happy to champion and wear the suit - an attire you dont own- but mocking the one actually is yours. Its proper esteem problems.
I don't actually champion wearing the suit.
I was in several threads looking for how to make these old school somali clothing because I want to represent somali culture rather than wear a western suit.

but mocking the one actually is yours. Its proper esteem problems
The flannel he is wearing doesn't look too somali to me does it? If he wanted to travel to a foreign country and meet a king wearing traditional somali clothes he should've rocked up like this 1679707251819.png1679705118432.png1679703598680.png

But instead he decided to meet a foreign king wearing some oversized western shirt and a towel with some cheap sandals. No class

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

A403153A-0D07-435A-8A24-74952C808794.png

Waa damataay!

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Im sorry @Idrus that the rest of us aren't playing dress up for your Somali nationalist dream. We got other things to worry about saaxib.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF
Don't worry walaal, I will play dress up on my own

In fact I seek to bring back these noble somali clothing and make big bank which I will use to fund my noble Somali political cause.

The Somali Reich inches ever closer :mjswag:

Last edited:
I was in several threads looking for how to make these old school somali clothing because I want to represent somali culture rather than wear a western suit.

The flannel he is wearing doesn't look too somali to me does it? If he wanted to travel to a foreign country and meet a king wearing traditional somali clothes he should've rocked up like this View attachment 263656View attachment 263657View attachment 263658

But instead he decided to meet a foreign king wearing some oversized western shirt and a towel with some cheap sandals. No class
Still better then a suit and no one would be making a thread if he did wear one. Might not be our most noble or flashy attire but the point is that its "ours" so im going to treat it like one of my children in a basketball game and champion it from the sidelines. The real thread should be why do our other leaders not wear at least a macawis instead of these suits that arent even "theirs" or their grandfathers because id rather champion a pair of 2 dollar sandels that are mine then a 20 grand suit that is some other persons and so would anyone else. It starts with self love and some in the thread need a healthy dose of it.

The flannel he is wearing doesn't look too somali to me does it? If he wanted to travel to a foreign country and meet a king wearing traditional somali clothes he should've rocked up like this View attachment 263656View attachment 263657View attachment 263658

Beesha have always had drip

North eastern geeljires partying after killing a few italianns

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220327-162317_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220327-162317_Twitter.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Some of you have some self esteem issues lol. Happy to champion and wear the suit - an attire you dont own- but mocking the one thats actually is yours. Proper self loathing. Id wear his macawis attire over anything.
Macawis isn't even somali culture its imported Indonesian pjs.
Somali culture has become wearing a western shirt and hindustani/Indonesian pjs ๐Ÿ’€
Neither of those two things are actually our own culture. wearing them is fine and me personally I'm not a fan but that's just me.
However thinking that it is our own is just...hova.png

I won't say much since it's Ramadan so I'll leave it at that

08a.gif

Last edited:
Macawis isn't even somali culture its imported Indonesian pjs.
Somali culture has become wearing a western shirt and hindustani/Indonesian pjs ๐Ÿ’€
Neither of those two things are actually our own culture. wearing them is fine and me personally I'm not a fan but that's just me.
However thinking that it is our own is just...View attachment 263665

I won't say much since it's Ramadan so I'll leave it at that

View attachment 263667
Wearing two cloths to a national meeting is even more embarrassing. Dressed like some 590bc Greek peasant. Somalians got zero drip

Wearing two cloths to a national meeting is even more embarrassing. Dressed like some 590bc Greek peasant. Somalians got zero drip
I'm not saying do that either all though that would be way better then this western Eastern hybrid outfit somalis are going around in now adays. Its straight up looks like a clown outfit and looks out of place everywhere

What I want is the regal stuff to come back into fashion in somalia

All i see is a chad geeljire standing beside a monarch but how is he okay walking around wearing summer attire in the winter season? @GaradShabeel is this possible? What is the science behind this?

I've been slandering Djiboutians here lately, but adeer did not shy away by finishing his outfit with sandals:pachah1:

To everyone complaining; he's just embracing the remnant of our 'cultural attire', even if it's a recent phenomenon. :bell:
As far as winter season? It aint out fault for having snow in March/April during spring :mjcry:

Last edited:

I feel like this would be accomplish if we had a textile industry in the nation which we donโ€™t have anymore unfortunately. Somalis use to rock cheetah fits that looked majestic

I see no problem in the Ambassador doing this. Better to wear cultural clothes than to wear western suits. Only problem is heโ€™s not dressed properly for the wintery weather. He should have worn the traditional Somali robes worn by the sultans and kings in the old days. Sadly we need to revive and start wearing those robes before they become a relic of the past.

Trending

Latest posts