New capital city of Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
If Somalis manage to turn Nugaal river into a permanent river from Sheikh mountain to Eyl then let's make Burco the capital.

Somalis worry too much about capital cities. They do not have to be so important. I think Somalia should adopt the U.S state model for capital cities. In the majority of U.S states, the state capital is a small town that was chosen precisely because it wasn't a big city (e.g. Olympia for Washington, Sacramento for California, Albany for New York). I actually think this is a very good model because it allows state officials to focus on their jobs instead of the pleasures of big city life, and because it prevents the state from being dominated by the interests of the big city like it would if it were physically located in such a big city. It also keeps rural areas from feeling like second class citizens.

Mogadishu should be abandoned and Somalia's new capital city should be a town whose name none of us know right now. There will be no worry about whatever indigenous clan group currently residing in that town will claim it because the only buildings constructed there will be a parliament, a presidential office, and a few ministries. There does not need to be a major population influx into the town, or unnecessary prioritization of it for economic development. These practices backfired badly in Mogadishu and Somalis should learn a lesson from that (although it appears some want to learn the hard way a second time).

OmarAli

Tall, Brown-Skin Caucasian
I believe somewhere north of Somalia should be the capital. The north is where we all came from and has many history and culture drawings. Right now Mogadishu is too dangerous.

Also the capital will have many people from different clans visiting which will truly eliminate qabilism if done smartly. The clan system should also be abolished

I believe somewhere north of Somalia should be the capital. The north is where we all came from and has many history and culture drawings. Right now Mogadishu is too dangerous.

Also the capital will have many people from different clans visiting which will truly eliminate qabilism if done smartly. The clan system should also be abolished
Besides i believe that the north is more peaceful and the most likely to develop first of all three regions once western investments pour in.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Do any of the rivers originate in somalia?

All I know is Nugaal river originates from Sheikh mountain. Studies have shown it use to be a permanent river long ago until overgrazing dried up the river. We can restore the river back just like India did to their 20 dry rivers. Watch this video from below and you'll understand what I mean.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Changing the capital is inevitable in the near future. We need to choose a town far from the Ethiopian border and has access to the sea like Caluula, Qandala etc.

Mogadishu residents are too emotional politically and they'll riot or do some stupid shit if they feel any sign of Political inferiority.

OmarAli

Tall, Brown-Skin Caucasian
Changing the capital is inevitable in the near future. We need to choose a town far from the Ethiopian border and has access to the sea like Caluula, Qandala etc.

Mogadishu residents are too emotional politically and they'll riot or do some stupid shit if they feel any sign of Political inferiority.
lol I was trolling. Mogadishu will always be the capital. Mogadishu is developing at a very fast rate. The residents are working with the Turks to make Mogadishu an amazing city. I'd say give it a decade and watch how Mogadishu transforms. Not to mention many educated Somalis from the west to innovate Somalia and make it a good country.

Status
Not open for further replies.