Netflix: "Dear White People"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
giphy.gif

VixR

Veritas
There's nothing wrong with the content, what she said. The problem is the mass generalization of attributing it to and making it out to the entire race of White ppl, which actually has the opposite effect of demonizing on racial lines a majority of ppl who would've otherwise agreed with her. Before clicking that video, I hadn't seen a White person paint their face Black, I'd imagine most ppl were just plain baffled.

Although it's died down as a costume choice, NA's legetimately get offended at how they're ppl dressing up as 'Red Indians' on Halloween and how football teams are 'derogatorily' named for them, and I think they're entitled to be, so I don't think it's illegitimate to be offended by the action described in the trailer, but to make it the content of a trailer? Why not address real core issues?

On another note, I bet a good portion of Black ppl will have been offended that a mixed girl w/ blue eyes was cast as the voice of Black folk lol, which is a visual problem in the film industry.

There's nothing more fragile than Western Caucasians. Nothing.

But who cares, the struggle between the fragile masters and their apathetic dark subjects does not concern us. The African Americans are a lost cause; they're too deep in the matrix. Their inferiority is cemented in the Caucasian consciousness and the only way to bring change is to burn the system, kill the masters, and start again.

African Americans are too weak for that, and the Caucasians too paranoid to let it gain any steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending