Negative affects and perceptions of Somalis is already showing after korean film “ESCAPE from Mogadishu”

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
So I was on a korean site reading an article and Somalia was randomly mentioned 💀 in the top comment. f*ck that movie wallahi, you can walk in the streets in Somalia

살아서 집에 갈 수 있을까"…전효성 등장 영상에 '싫어요' 폭격”
( Jun Hyosung's video clip speaking out against dating violence gets bombarded with 'dislike' clicks "I worry every night about whether I can return home alive")

These are the top comments:

살아서 집에갈수있을까? ㅋㅋ 여기가어디 소말리아나 베네주엘라냐?ㅋ 전효성 너 제대로 강도나한번당해본적있어? 지하고싶은거다하면서살면서 어디...거짓부렁이야... (+1510,-164)
Trans:
1. [+776, -105] "I worry about whether I can return home alive"? ㅋㅋ Where does she think we live, Somalia or Venezuela? ㅋ Jun Hyosung, have you ever suffered an actual robbery? You live your life doing everything you want to do... who do you think you're lying to?

How DARE these koreans with such high domestic violence rates talk about us?????
Literally 8 out of 10 women who work face sexual harassment/assault AT work. Not only are they ultra langaab to the point there women must work to make sure all the bills are paid, they are sexually assaulting/harassing them while they work too.

According to South Korean police, in 2019 women accounted for 98 percent of victims in the nearly 10,000 cases of crimes against intimate partners, and the Korea Women’s Hotline estimated that a woman was killed or nearly killed every 1.8 days that year.

According to a 2014 study by the Korea Women’s Hotline, nearly 90 percent of female respondents said they had experienced physical or emotional abuse from a romantic partner.

It wasn’t until this year that the age of consent was raised from 13 to 16, and it wasn’t until 2013 that the Supreme Court upheld the country’s first conviction of spousal rape. Historically speaking in South Korea, the courts and public alike have considered problems related to sexual assault or domestic violence “private matters” to be resolved among the involved parties themselves.

With this much rampant issues who do they think they are better than? It’s the 90% sexual abuse from their partners for me. Somalis would never! Even if we have some shitty abdis they aren’t anywhere near 90%.
Somalia never goes past 10 on google trends but they’ve hit 100 after the movie. Now I’m forced to claim Djibouti when I go there again.
8FD5BCA3-5412-47E3-BEBD-5A01F3E388BF.jpeg

87DF0597-AE32-479B-8678-B91F82459CE4.jpeg
E3C8D4C4-EA79-4655-88A8-AF0D17237944.jpeg
99D531C0-FCEE-4F40-AC49-E3C577649D72.jpeg
64CDD5BC-2DA8-49D0-8936-24726939E059.jpeg
096E7676-0DAD-4DA3-8093-4BC074A9EAE7.jpeg

This is the kinda representation HG wanted? To be dragged into this shit? I hope you are happy @Galmudug-State @convincation and all the others from the other thread.
:snoop::pacspit:

I must now go and propagate that this is only HGs and Pirates are only Puntlanders, I’m sorry to my fellow darood kabalah, but I’m now Djiboutian

:kendrickcry::jcoleno:
Just look at the fools in the comments of the trailer, they think this is a flex:
D58574C8-E5A5-4379-8F44-AB603CA3EA8F.jpeg
E84E4E33-EFD5-4A4C-8D68-0ED529DE6C74.jpeg

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Somali reputation has been died for over 20 years. There is no point in really caring anymore!
Easy for you to say, somalis were hardly known in korea. But as I pack to leave there for study abroad this shit happens. My application to SNU was already accepted maybe I should switch to Tokyo Uni
:cosbyhmm:

Easy for you to say, somalis were hardly known in korea. But as I pack to leave there for study abroad this shit happens. My application to SNU was already accepted maybe I should switch to Tokyo Uni
You are a westerner with a western passport they are not ganna touch you. You will be fine!

If you are black, your reputation in Asia was already terrible….

It's not that serious Somalis reputation has been in the gutter for well over 20 years. You must be new if these Korean posts triggers you.

I would personally switch to Japan it's a better country. Why did you pick south korea for your study abroad.

why are you going to some langaab country to study when American universities are 10x better?

So I was on a korean site reading an article and Somalia was randomly mentioned 💀 in the top comment. f*ck that movie wallahi, you can walk in the streets in Somalia

( Jun Hyosung's video clip speaking out against dating violence gets bombarded with 'dislike' clicks "I worry every night about whether I can return home alive")

살아서 집에갈수있을까? ㅋㅋ 여기가어디 소말리아나 베네주엘라냐?ㅋ 전효성 너 제대로 강도나한번당해본적있어? 지하고싶은거다하면서살면서 어디...거짓부렁이야... (+1510,-164)
Trans:
1. [+776, -105] "I worry about whether I can return home alive"? ㅋㅋ Where does she think we live, Somalia or Venezuela? ㅋ Jun Hyosung, have you ever suffered an actual robbery? You live your life doing everything you want to do... who do you think you're lying to?

How DARE these koreans with such high domestic violence rates talk about us?????
Literally 8 out of 10 women who work face sexual harassment/assault AT work. Not only are they ultra langaab to the point there women must work to make sure all the bills are paid, they are sexually assaulting/harassing them while they work too.

According to South Korean police, in 2019 women accounted for 98 percent of victims in the nearly 10,000 cases of crimes against intimate partners, and the Korea Women’s Hotline estimated that a woman was killed or nearly killed every 1.8 days that year.

According to a 2014 study by the Korea Women’s Hotline, nearly 90 percent of female respondents said they had experienced physical or emotional abuse from a romantic partner.

It wasn’t until this year that the age of consent was raised from 13 to 16, and it wasn’t until 2013 that the Supreme Court upheld the country’s first conviction of spousal rape. Historically speaking in South Korea, the courts and public alike have considered problems related to sexual assault or domestic violence “private matters” to be resolved among the involved parties themselves.

With this much rampant issues who do they think they are better than? It’s the 90% sexual abuse from their partners for me. Somalis would never! Even if we have some shitty abdis they aren’t anywhere near 90%.
Somalia never goes past 10 on google trends but they’ve hit 100 after the movie. Now I’m forced to claim Djibouti when I go there again.
View attachment 205289
View attachment 205290View attachment 205291View attachment 205292View attachment 205293View attachment 205294

This is the kinda representation HG wanted? To be dragged into this shit? I hope you are happy @Galmudug-State @convincation and all the others from the other thread.

I must now go and propagate that this is only HGs and Pirates are only Puntlanders, I’m sorry to my fellow darood kabalah, but I’m now Djiboutian

Just look at the fools in the comments of the trailer, they think this is a flex:
View attachment 205297View attachment 205298
Lmao your always welcome to be djiboutienne! Bienvenue ma chère soeur ❤️ . When I try to escape the embarrassment being Somali I just say am Afar a from Djibouti LOL then people confine in me to avoid Somalis lmao soo sad Wallahi but our rep is long gone

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
why are you going to some langaab country to study when American universities are 10x better?
Nigga study abroad! Study abroads are so much more easier too, you can have fun without worrying about 500 assignments it’s part of the experience. Plus I’ve been with cadaans all my life, I wanna go elsewhere. I was thinking of dubai but I can’t take the heat there. So my options were Seoul/Tokyo/Shanghai or South Africa, china is an immediate no. South Africa is a double no because I’m somali, I’m never stepping foot there, I don’t want to be the next somali casualty.

then there’s japan and korea, I’m familiar with korea unlike japan. So korea was my choice.

I've watched half the movie so far, theres been like 2 lines of Somali spoken and it's obvious they got a cheap ass translator, and there has not been a single Somali on screen so far. It's really bad.

Nigga study abroad! Study abroads are so much more easier too, you can have fun without worrying about 500 assignments it’s part of the experience. Plus I’ve been with cadaans all my life, I wanna go elsewhere. I was thinking of dubai but I can’t take the heat there. So my options were Seoul/Tokyo/Shanghai or South Africa, china is an immediate no. South Africa is a double no because I’m somali, I’m never stepping foot there, I don’t want to be the next somali casualty.

then there’s japan and korea, I’m familiar with korea unlike japan. So korea was my choice.
Wait Dubai was on your list? I think Dubai is the best place to go on that list.

ok i will move to mogadishu university thank for the tip : )

Trans:

View attachment 205289
View attachment 205290View attachment 205291View attachment 205292View attachment 205293View attachment 205294

View attachment 205297View attachment 205298
Are Your Mother Not Married To A Korean Man
Elon Musk Lol GIF

Trending

Latest posts