Need Somalia Trip Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news yall! your favourite dhaqan celis @Dibleyy is headed to Mogadishu in 2 weeks
pachah1.png

But I have NO IDEA what to pack, how its going to be like and would like to prepare myself mentally for anything to come

So any of yall on SSPOT been to Somalia and would like to convey anything you would have done differently, what to pack, where to go it would be very much appreciated!

Sol

?
Till this day this is the greatest dhaqan celis story I've ever read as for what I'd have done differently is work on your af somali if its qashin and get ready to give up on certain clothes as they are either considered undwear (three quarters for example) or downright nudity. Besides that it's pretty alright

somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379426 https://www.somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379426

Last edited:
Till this day this is the greatest dhaqan celis story I've ever read as for what I'd have done differently is work on your af somali if its qashin and get ready to give up on certain clothes as they are either considered undwear (three quarters for example) or downright nudity. Besides that it's pretty alright

https://www.somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379426

dont see anything for the link, I get the gist clothing wise anything besides jilbab your considered a harlot but what about packing wise should I pack sunscreen? Shampoo whats on the essentials

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Good news yall! your favourite dhaqan celis @Dibleyy is headed to Mogadishu in 2 weeks
pachah1.png

But I have NO IDEA what to pack, how its going to be like and would like to prepare myself mentally for anything to come

So any of yall on SSPOT been to Somalia and would like to convey anything you would have done differently, what to pack, where to go it would be very much appreciated!

u dont need any advice from us westerners. Even tho u were born in the west, u look like u were born in the sh!thole Somalia. So go have fun in your familiar natural habitat!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Why are you going to Mogadishu of all places? Do you not value your life? Al Shabaab attacks happen multiple times a day during Ramadan. It's the most dangerous time of year to visit.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why are you going to Mogadishu of all places? Do you not value your life? Al Shabaab attacks happen multiple times a day during Ramadan. It's the most dangerous time of year to visit.

Sol

?
dont see anything for the link, I get the gist clothing wise anything besides jilbab your considered a harlot but what about packing wise should I pack sunscreen? Shampoo whats on the essentials

hmm for some reason the website im trying to link gets changed from somali net (without the spaces) to somnet probably a reason for that but I'm new here so no clue what

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379426 https://www.somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379426
This story is fan fiction.

Please dont scare me like that, are you serious
damn.png

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Please dont scare me like that, are you serious
damn.png
I am serious. Ask your relatives over there and they will tell you the same thing. Ramadan is the most dangerous time. I think there were 50 or 60 public assassinations last year in the 30 days of Ramadan.

I am serious. Ask your relatives over there and they will tell you the same thing. Ramadan is the most dangerous time. I think there were 50 or 60 public assassinations last year in the 30 days of Ramadan.

Payed $1700 for my ticket so idk what to do, should I head to Hargeisa and go back once Ramadan is over?

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Payed $1700 for my ticket so idk what to do, should I head to Hargeisa and go back once Ramadan is over?
If you can then that would be better. Mogadishu is still dangerous outside of Ramadan but less so.

There are certain parts of the city that get attacked more than others. I remember seeing a map once. If I find it, I will post it here.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I was talking to my uncle earlier, he said it's so hot pregnant ladies are advised not to go outside during the day :pachah1:so pack for the heat. A lot of summer dresses, stay away from black abayas.

pachah1.png

A bullet proof vest would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending